Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thumbs Down to Sony

Default Re: Thumbs Down to Sony

Quote Originally Posted by raincool2005 View Post
    eow... i tot yr queue is special one. the people there knew u by face.
    no la,as zcf mentioned, it very much depend on the day itself. i usually went at night after work during weekday. weekend the counter might be a bit short handed.
    头可断,血可流,倩女不可不追求 carpe diem,when in doubt, hoot first,apologise later:p GALLERY

Quote Originally Posted by eow View Post
    no la,as zcf mentioned, it very much depend on the day itself. i usually went at night after work during weekday. weekend the counter might be a bit short handed.
    Indeed. There were only 2 people manning the 5-counter service centre. I had a feeling that both were to service sony products only because when I was about to leave, a lady occupied the third counter, pressed a button, and guess what? Voila, my number.
    tSkye shoots whatever comes tSkye's way... | 5D2, 1224, 16FE, 35L, 1.4xTC, 300L

i was there 3 times. twice to repair and collect my 7D, once to collect my 7D screen. both times were very fast. faster than the sony queue, cos there was only one person in front of me. i once went to the sony part for my CZ16-80, and i had to wait around 30-40mins. so............. yeah, i seem to have the opposite experience.

Same to say about Sony's Gaystation

It's a Sorry

I may risk flaming here but I'm really brave to take the chance and I really dun care....

Canon and Nikon are the best and leaders in DSLR. I wonder why people even bother with KM or Sony. Maybe it's to use back your old lenses? It's a bit of a pinch to sell your old stuffs at a loss but once you bite the bullet decide to join the C or N camp, you won't regret it. Not only for the features but the long experience these 2 big companies have and assurance that you will always be getting excellent future products. Not to mention servicing if need be.

My friends asked me opinions about Sony DSLR and I said Forget it. You wanna get their compacts go ahead. But DSLR, ermm... Handled it also and they just don't feel like what DSLRs should!

guess this is what it's like to be a "step-customer". sorry to hear that.

that aside, your kyushu photoblog is really cool.

Thank you, schon.

The thing I'm confused by Sony is the lack of information and service support.

I called five times and ended up getting the wrong information, and resulted in going the wrong location.

I waited for one and a half hours, when I could have been done in a third of that time.

There was no information on their websites, I was searching for KM support, and it's really a lack of support I got.

kiwi2, I guess it's because KM's 100mm macro lens is extremely good. A lens does make a body sometimes.

i think that very day, sony service center might be facing shortage of manpower.

with aspect to the one regards the dozen of ps3. no products are ever perfect.
    so i hope you dont let this incident affect you but do forgive them.

minolta is good huh. and canon is always good in their service(in retail + service line) cause they are the big boss in the camera industry nowadays ^^ (abit no link)

but i do understand your then frustration. sigh. out of point again -.-

Quote Originally Posted by ceecookie View Post
    Same to say about Sony's Gaystation
    AHAHAHA. GAYSTATION -.-

Quote Originally Posted by xEnie23 View Post
    i think that very day, sony service center might be facing shortage of manpower.

with aspect to the one regards the dozen of ps3. no products are ever perfect.
    so i hope you dont let this incident affect you but do forgive them.

minolta is good huh. and canon is always good in their service(in retail + service line) cause they are the big boss in the camera industry nowadays ^^ (abit no link)

but i do understand your then frustration. sigh. out of point again -.-

I wrote to them on that very day to offer my experience and suggestions for improvement. It's been two days yet I've received no reply.

Quote Originally Posted by tSkye View Post
    I wrote to them on that very day to offer my experience and suggestions for improvement. It's been two days yet I've received no reply.
    so slow tis time...

the other time i wrote an email to their main sales think either jap or us. got back to me by fone 1 day later. email shoot around the globe and to local CS manager.

cos i complain about their technical staff lack of professionalism...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by tSkye View Post
    I have write a letter to Sony Ericsson last year September, Until now still waiting for their reply. Complain about product problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    so slow tis time...

the other time i wrote an email to their main sales think either jap or us. got back to me by fone 1 day later. email shoot around the globe and to local CS manager.

cos i complain about their technical staff lack of professionalism...
    Please let me know which email address you sent it to.

Wonder how many professionals out there use Sony as their choice of setup.

Use the global link, http://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/Support/

Contact Japan and choose the English site. Enter your feedback/contact details and the feedback will travel very fast back to Singapore.

Of course, you can enter the feedback in the Major regional HQs such as USA...it will bounce around the world and reach Singapore in a short time too.

If all these still fails. I will pass you the email of the regional director and Japanese Tech director

Quote Originally Posted by Klose View Post
    Wonder how many professionals out there use Sony as their choice of setup.
    only a few i knw of...unless sony offer /sponsored/ free gears as what canon did.
    I reckon it will be near impossible to convince the pros to pick sony as their choice of setup
    Last edited by eow; 17th January 2008 at 12:38 AM.
    头可断,血可流,倩女不可不追求 carpe diem,when in doubt, hoot first,apologise later:p GALLERY

Just received a reply from Sony Singapore's manager, email: Services@ap.sony.com

Please reply to the manager and ask for any further assistance in your matter. For the record, it took less than 24 hours for the reply from Japan

Hope you can resolve and move on after contacting them Let me know if you need further assistance.

Dear Mr Tuck Loong,

Your enquiry has been forwarded to Sony Singapore by Sony Japan for further assistance.

With regards to the information as stated in the attachment, please provide us with the needful details in order for us to understand the situation better:

A) To provide the Service Chit No. or Repair certificate No.
    as Mr Tskye has mentioned about his experience while servicing his unit in Singapore.

B) Full Model and serial no. of the product.

C) Details of the issue to be resolved.

We shall await the needful information before we are able to assist and advise you accordingly.

Thank you and best regards.

Soh Chun Hue
    Manager
    Customer Service Division
    Sony Electronics (Singapore) Pte Ltd.

I have personally ranked Sony to be at the bottom of the list for reliable brands of Camera equipment.

This issue has been solved with my lens returned back without anything done to it.

Kudos to Sony. It's now at P&G, an alternative where the owner guaranteed a good job done.

Locked.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12