Thread: Hi I Am New Advice Needed

Default Hi I Am New Advice Needed

Hi I am considering getting a digital camera. I am actually looking out for the following models.
    Canon Power Shot S5 IS
    FujiFilm Finepix S9600
    FujiFilm Finepix S8000d

So far, in all the reviews I have read, the canon seems to be pretty promising except for high noise levels at ISO 200 and above. I am not getting a digital SLR due to financial constraints. Which Camera should I get?

One more thing, where do I get the best deal?
    I got the following quotes
    Canon Power Shot S5 IS:
    Alan Photo Shop $625
    Pixel $699
    Audio House $699
    Cathay Photo Shop $650
    Balley Photo Shop $550

Default Re: Hi I Am New Advice Needed

Oo if you can afford a brand new S5IS, ever considered a second hand 350D? Its about that price maybe slightly more.

Balley Photoshop seems too cheap to be true lol. Maybe you should ask if its a grey set. Do ask them what they give you in additional to the camera itself. Personally Alan Photo and Cathay Photo seems to be good.

Quote Originally Posted by zerartul View Post
    Oo if you can afford a brand new S5IS, ever considered a second hand 350D? Its about that price maybe slightly more.

Balley Photoshop seems too cheap to be true lol. Maybe you should ask if its a grey set. Do ask them what they give you in additional to the camera itself. Personally Alan Photo and Cathay Photo seems to be good.
    i agree i oso got a shock when see the balley photo price mebbie could be because they don bundle gifts whereas the rest do
    D800 | D700|16mm f2.8D|35 f1.4G|50 f1.8G|60mm F2.8D|85mm f1.4G|16-35 f4G|70-200 f2.8 VR2| SB900

I was shocked when the staff at Balley Photo Shop quoted me $550. It comes with a rechargeble battery, 1GB SD card and a mini tripod. Whats a grey set? I really need all the help I can get as this is my first time venturing into photography seriously and I do not wish to get ripped by a shop. I just hate the feeling of being ripped.

Grey set means a set with no warranty. Its usually a parrellel import and as such canon wont repair it for free if it breaks down in say 1 month later lo.