Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Payment not made

Default Re: Payment not made

Quote Originally Posted by soeypixels View Post
    to ride on this ..

decided to do some product shoot for my friend company (hes an employee)
    insisted on cash on delivery (usual practice) but now the company want to make payment via cash cheque?

will the cheque be bounce?
    or should i cash it before giving them the pics?

TIA
    Most companies would prefer to deal with Cheques too in case the service provider does not delivery they can "bounce" the cheque. In order not to lose more then $900 and re-learn a lesson, i suggest getting the money in the pocket, if not at least a deposit, before delivery of product.

Unfortunately, in every trade, there are a few which like to spoil the reputation of the trade itself just to make quick bucks. This has cause those that are trustworthy to do "extra" work or precautions. When money is the issue, sometimes best friends and brothers / sisters can turn nasty. Or else lawyers wont be driving nice cars.

So no money no pictures.

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by powerbookg4 View Post
    Most companies would prefer to deal with Cheques too in case the service provider does not delivery they can "bounce" the cheque. In order not to lose more then $900 and re-learn a lesson, i suggest getting the money in the pocket, if not at least a deposit, before delivery of product.

Unfortunately, in every trade, there are a few which like to spoil the reputation of the trade itself just to make quick bucks. This has cause those that are trustworthy to do "extra" work or precautions. When money is the issue, sometimes best friends and brothers / sisters can turn nasty. Or else lawyers wont be driving nice cars.

So no money no pictures.
    True True. .

" If not lawyers won't be driving nice cars ."

to ride on this ..

insisted on cash on delivery (usual practice) but now the company want to make payment via cash cheque?

TIA

C.O.D. usually means cheque payment. Unless there was a prior arrangement between u and ur friend's company.
    There are no bad photographers, just bad photographs. =)
    www.flickr.com/photos/lobinhoot/

to ride on this ..

TIA
    50% cash before 50% pics.

Quote Originally Posted by powerbookg4 View Post

So no money no pictures.
    Quote Originally Posted by domdomino View Post
    True True. .

Quote Originally Posted by windwaver View Post
    50% cash before 50% pics.
    Quote Originally Posted by lobinhoot View Post
    C.O.D. usually means cheque payment. Unless there was a prior arrangement between u and ur friend's company.

tks

will consider implement 50/50
    usually i take cold hard cash from client unless got middleman involve

tks

will consider implement 50/50
    usually i take cold hard cash from client unless got middleman involve
    got bring a chuchop along to collect payment? :P
    chezburgr i can haz?

Quote Originally Posted by psychobiologist View Post
    got bring a chuchop along to collect payment? :P
    extreme OT
    wonder does it really work .. u can pm me
    haha

Quote Originally Posted by horizon14 View Post
    Hi

I have an issue with a shipping company where they asked me to design a company car logo. Jobs almost completed and last minute, they decided to cancel it and now they refused to pay. Thing is, there was no contract signed as the person was working partner with my ex-client. He tried to talk to his boss to paying as he understands how it goes but unfortunately boss refuses. I would like to bring this up to small claim tribunals but all i have are emails. That guy who tried to talk to his boss also agreed that it is fair to bring it up to small claims tribunal.

Question is.... will emails suffice? The emails did prove that job is done and that the work is worth $2500 and is agreed. But it did not mention in the terms of cancellation.

Please help.

Do I need to go down personally to file the claim or can it be done online?
    A contract does not have to be in writing and signed to be legally enforceable. Tribunals and courts will look to see all the material terms were agreed on between the parties, such as scope of work, price, dates etc. In your case this all seems agreed. They will look at the actions of the parties to determine if there is a contract. The emails should substantiate that there was a contract between youn and the company.

As for termination clauses, where there is no prior agreement on procedure, tribunals and courts can infer that the terms of cancellation are those which apply generally within the industry. It certainly is not industry practice to have one party terminate without compenation when the job is 90+% complete.

I think you have a good case. Good luck.
    Olympus E-3, 12-60mm, 50mm, 50-200mm, TC1.4, FL50R

well..... i share similar problems with you even now.... bad debts everywhere....

and that person owed me money and still refuses to pick up my call and reply my smses....

well... really...these people have no business ethnics. or shall i put it. professionalism.

Hahahhahaha.....
    If all the bad debts are paid.....
    i'll be driving nice cars tooo......

Quote Originally Posted by domdomino View Post
    True True. .

Deregistered

sorry to OT abit. so eg if you were to do weddings shots you get teh couple to pay some $$ upfront?

to ride on this ..

TIA
    u shld cash it b4 delivery in case the finance dept decides to hold back your payment. Since u insist on cash but they prefer cheque, then tell them to give & take, else it's back to cash payment.
    Last edited by pegasus1010; 27th September 2008 at 11:34 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12