Thread: 万州的渔者

Default Re: 万州的渔者

Nice colours and texture

Few suggestions:
    The black border on the top and bottom should have the same thickness.
    Should clone off the man at the bottom left

Without the border, it will be a stunning photo

please include a short writeup for your picture as per posting guidelines http://forums.clubsnap.com/showthread.php?t=273376

it'll be best if you can include some form of translation since not all members in the forum understand Chinese language.

i do not like this picture - for many reasons, i hope i don't seem like i'm nitpicking

1) color of water is unnatural
    2) picture to me is overcontrasted. and my tolerance for contrast is pretty high already.. contrast here doesn't really achieve any purpose, and it makes the picture a lot grainier, i think.
    3) the texture of the water is great, i'd give you that, but there is too much water. i think cropping off the top where there's a sudden change in texture.. would add to the picture. it is my view that if the water looks uniform the picture will look better.
    4) crop away the chopped off dude at the bottom too. he's distracting

all in all i would say this is a great photo, which is well-seen, but it suffers from overdone pp.. and needs some retifications. note that this may be a personal view though, i have my own eccentric vein of philosophy when it comes to photography, some would say.

i like the simplicity in composition of this picture - guys fishing at river/lake against the vastness of the water body. the only nitpick i have is the blown out rocks near the people. otherwise i think it's a rather well-executed photo. love the blue - it's almost metallic-like.

Thanks. Thank you all the above.

I do preciate these suggestions one by one.

I have little time on photography because I am NTU full time engineering student. what's worse, I do not have my own suitable computer or software.
    I may try those suggestions on my friend's computer. Thank you.