Thread: Static Electricity

Default Static Electricity

Hi, does anybody know why when I'm using a studio probe always get this static on my camera (nikon D50),I'm using cable connect probe to camera? I'm newbie here,Thanks.
    Last edited by kr101; 12th January 2008 at 04:55 PM.

Default Re: Static Electricity

Is your studio new? Or with new carpet?

Get a air moistursure....solve the problem..

Quote Originally Posted by kr101 View Post
    Hi, does anybody know why when I'm using a studio probe always get this static on my camera (nikon D50),I'm using cable connect probe to camera? I'm newbie here,Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Is your studio new? Or with new carpet?

Get a air moistursure....solve the problem..
    Hi Dan, how a air moisturiser helps in reducing static .. ? Thanks for sharing.

static electricity build up easily in environment with dry air (low humidity), so a humidifier can help moisten the air to prevent static build up
    D80/D700 18-135/17-50/14-24/24-70/70-200/70-300/50/60 SB600/900

Quote Originally Posted by kr101 View Post
    It's not static. Strobes using switching power supplies have the ground floating at 240/2v=120v. You need to ground the equipment via a proper earth connection to eliminate the 120v potential on the equipment ground.

Hi, thanks everybody...er but I'm using two pin plug for both strobe....any solution?

Get a piece of long wire. COnnect one to any metal component on your strobe and the other to the earth socket at the plug. Might be easier if you just cut the two pin plug and change the socket to a three pin
    Shahrul Esa

it's wise to use IR trigger to trigger your studio light. if your studio does not IR enable, consider using radio trigger set instead.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio