Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: goin to tekong > june 9th

i missed the Sarong party girls.

haha.. spg...
    Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.
    www.theyummyphotographer.blogspot.com

Originally posted by zuko
    i don't think so...was in ITD...84'
    oops, I was referring to Minority's post. I went thru similar stuff as he described during my NS days.

i've had my fair share of soccer field outings; photography outings; even my pre-celebration of bdae! i've spent the past few weeks training hard. I think im mentally and physically ready for tekong.

countdown to tekong: 4 more days

I think im mentally and physically ready for tekong.
    Don't think you are know you are ...

Best of luck ... if you ever need counseling call the SAF counselling hotline ...

Oh ... bring a phonecard and some coins ... your handphone might get a bad reception.

Please remember to bring a small key lock too ... with at least 3 spare keys ...

Default Re: goin to tekong > june 9th

Originally posted by Pokka
    hi ppl..im going tekong bmtc sch 1 on june the 9th. can just roughly..agar agar write down a list of things? need not be thorough..just wanna know roughly wat to bring..

any tips for ptp/bmt is greatly welcome!
    err........take a snapshot of your pink ic, unless now they no longer keep it for u or else u r gonna miss it

relax lah brudder, now nsf damn switch off wan lah
    Last edited by Hua Luo Han; 4th June 2003 at 05:40 PM.

Ya, I've bought the keylock liao. It comes with 3 spare key. I also bought a hp batt to bring to tekong. I think I shld be bringing a phone card. Just in case.

I will miss my camera...and my pc...

Default Re: Re: goin to tekong > june 9th

Originally posted by Hua Luo Han
    relax lah brudder, now nsf damn switch off wan lah
    if you were under my section during my NSF days, hahahaha...........................

Originally posted by Pokka
    Ya, I've bought the keylock liao. It comes with 3 spare key. I also bought a hp batt to bring to tekong. I think I shld be bringing a phone card. Just in case.

I will miss my camera...and my pc...
    In their 'goodie' sling bag, they will provide you with a $2 phonecard.

And bring lots of coins (provided that you are allowed to drink the drinks from the vending machine on every level... )

Default Re: Re: Re: goin to tekong > june 9th

Originally posted by mervlam
    if you were under my section during my NSF days, hahahaha...........................
    which batch ? to me nowadays nsf is easy life ....... no sweat

thanks man! then i dun have to go buy the phone card.

can recruit use washing machine? I heard there's a wahsing machine with $1 insert, u can use it to wash ur clothes.

keylock quite useless.. if got ppl in bunk during field camp, the lock sure kena break.

buy selley's magnetic lock.

washing machine best if share with section mates who wanna wash also. that thing can take in a lot of clothes.

can recruit use washing machine? I heard there's a wahsing machine with $1 insert, u can use it to wash ur clothes.
    Depend on company, some have 1 week to 3 weeks no washing machine rule .... to teach you to wash your own clothes.

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: goin to tekong > june 9th

Originally posted by Hua Luo Han
    which batch ? to me nowadays nsf is easy life ....... no sweat
    True true..
    Compared with you guys, NS is much easier..
    With decent cookhouse food (compared to you guys), more welfare training and stuff..

For for our generation, we are too well pampered to be able to withstand any small hardships, so some people still find BMT tough.

Well, I'm not generalising, but when I was in BMT, there were sooo much 'mama boys' that their mommas had to literally carry their book in bags on the first day of enlistment.... Straightaway kerna marked by sgts.

Well, I'm not generalising, but when I was in BMT, there were sooo much 'mama boys' that their mommas had to literally carry their book in bags on the first day of enlistment.... Straightaway kerna marked by sgts.
    This is true ... but SGT ... boh ... eng ... to mark anyone lah ....

june 7 liao...
    june 8 last day(sunday)...

any last words for me before i go in ???
    im a lil. excited yet...afraid (tat i cant get myself used to things inside).

god bless!

enjoy, relax, and workhard but smart!

the same saying that applies anywhere, anytime:

When it's time to work, work hard,
    When it's time to play, play hard!

And get to know ur buddies and mates well there.
    At least 10 weeks will be with them

Some of your buddies may become your best friends for life!!!

Originally posted by Clown
    keylock quite useless.. if got ppl in bunk during field camp, the lock sure kena break.

buy selley's magnetic lock.

washing machine best if share with section mates who wanna wash also. that thing can take in a lot of clothes.
    Never try to "hide" the locker key under the bed or pillow...etc when you go for PT lessons (no hard objects allowed).

The last time, when some of the guys did it, their officer, got a SGT to go back to search and "keep" the keys to the lockers.

They all got extra duties, cause the rifles are in the lockers and if someone stole your locker keys, he will have access to your rifle.

So a good strong NON-numerical lock is neccessary.

And try to avoid dropping your rifle. It never fails to get you some form of punishment for it.

The part I missed most about BMT was the Hand Grenade Throwing.

It's a once in a lifetime event, unless you got to be a SGT and then got posted back to BMTC and got picked to do a demo throw.

I could see the eagerness on the face of all the SGTs all volunteering to be the demostrator for the live grenade throw.

Didn't felt as scary as I thought, though disappointed that my grenade did not hit the target. (could not have asked for a re-throw.)

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast