Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: goin to tekong > june 9th

Originally posted by eug
    Yeah man ... totally agree ... but nee soon days are much different ... it's a joke now.
    i remember that my section can get pumped for around 100 times for reasons that some we never knew.

Orange cloth used for polishing boots one meh
    Multi-purpose orange cloth can me use for many things ... I was citing an example ... therefore just get extra and let the instructor brief him on how to use ... different company different practise.

Rubbish bag? I used big Ziploc bags during my time. Squeeze your stuff inside, seal up halfway, then sit on it and squeeze the air out, then seal up fully. Ziploc bags are useful.
    Agreed. Thrash bag is to cover all ziploc items, confirm weather proof ... can float in water too ...

Originally posted by mahler
    Don't worry about all the inspection and stuff.
    No matter how clean your cupboard/bunk/rifle is,
    if the instructor wants to pick on you'all, there's
    1001 ways to do it. I used to be an instructor
    from 7BTS Delta, speaking from experience.

A positive attitude is all you need.
    Rifle..... my trick will be digging the area where the flower part of the bolt touches the breech chamber with my pinkie. sure 100% covered with soot one.

remember that my section can get pumped for around 100 times for reasons that some we never knew.
    Sounds so familiar ... yester years have gone ... don't worry no more than 20 is the standing policy ... I think

Originally posted by mervlam
    i remember that my section can get pumped for around 100 times for reasons that some we never knew.

That's why I never knock anyone down.
    Just make them stay in push-up position
    for 1/2 an hour while I lecture, that's bad
    enough.
    Ok, I shall stop scaring the recruits-to-be.

That's why I never knock anyone down.
    Just make them stay in push-up position
    for 1/2 an hour while I lecture, that's bad
    enough.
    Ok, I shall stop scaring the recruits-to-be.
    that's cool. then you can scream, "Better keep your knees off the ground!" okok... i don't want recruits-to-be to go AWOL.

Every single fall-in, chances are I had to do 5 sets of 5BXs ... can cry ...

Originally posted by mervlam
    Rifle..... my trick will be digging the area where the flower part of the bolt touches the breech chamber with my pinkie. sure 100% covered with soot one.
    *high-five*
    You are an instructor.

"Better keep your knees off the ground!"
    Hands ... very ... tired ... is it .... nevermind ... jumping jacks in position ... 100 counts of 8 ....

*high-five*
    You are an instructor.
    nah..... i'm not. but them i can already imagine the surprised expressions on their faces. hahaha....... "Sergeant! Where that dirty thing come from?"
    Last edited by mervlam; 22nd May 2003 at 12:27 AM.

Originally posted by eug
    Hands ... very ... tired ... is it .... nevermind ... jumping jacks in position ... 100 counts of 8 ....
    Nooooo............... jumping jacks too relac liaoz... i'll rather let them keep their butts on the ground for................ "Sit-up position, change!!!!"
    Last edited by mervlam; 22nd May 2003 at 12:27 AM.

seat-up most relaxing for me ... love it when they give situps ... my 5 sets 5bx of combo plus running ended with 100 pushs ups as last finale is for punishing us as 5 Attend C - bunk gambled ... yup, they stood behind to watch us ... had lunch after that not without 3 sets of 12 chin ups and 20 normal, 20 diamond, and 20 spider. 20 dips too ....

Originally posted by GreenEggs_n_Ham
    hahaha.. the OBESE batch have it THE BEST

haha..

no need pass IPPT, no need pass SOC, just need to lose weight requirement, SGT also damn slack, do aerobics for exercise. where got fitness like PES A personnel to run up hill all the time... stand arnd lift and kick legs can liao lar.

hahaha
    You really think so?

They have to "enjoy" 20 weeks of "hell" while the PES A do 10 weeks.

They have double the SOCs, 4km,8km,12km,16km and 24km route marches (more than PES A), double the IFCs...etc

And I don't think the SGT are very slack and forgiving, at least not in my time, my PC is worse.

My time was still the cookhouse food, cook house duty..etc.

No catering and nice aunties asking you if the food is enough or not. And even ask you to rate the food.
    Goodness!

Gone are the days of "cold yam cake", "bland Milo", "fishball noodles with one fishball"...etc

When you had to clean the big pots in the cookhouse, you will appreciate your mom asking you to clean only the "small" pots in your house.

The parent's visiting day was the first day, I remembered seeing PRAWNS! and EGGS! for the first time.
    Yes, Eggs was a rarity and considered to be very lucky if it is served.

The newer camps (I think Camp 4 and 5) that was built near the Ladang Jetty may be more comfortable, I guess.

Originally posted by eug
    Sounds so familiar ... yester years have gone ... don't worry no more than 20 is the standing policy ... I think
    20?

Yes, offically.

my PC and SGTs got around it by using the traditional "oops, someone is not doing it properly" trick and it goes back to zero and start again.

After a few times, you can add it up to a hundred or so.

They can also, ask you to "pay via installments", owe them 200 and then do it bit by bit.

my PC and SGTs got around it by using the traditional "oops, someone is not doing it properly" trick and it goes back to zero and start again.
    Waiting to get caught ... a few instructors got charge for it already ...

Originally posted by eug
    Waiting to get caught ... a few instructors got charge for it already ...
    my PC, even ordered us to do "duck walk" which was banned at that time already.

When we were doing it, around the basketball court, another officer from another company saw us and told us to stop and then I think he spoke to our PC about it.

Our PC never did admit his error, when we returned back to the platoon, he just pretend nothing happened.

Usually, most of us would choose to serve and forget (SAF) rather than take a bullying superior to justice.

cause if you fail to bring him to justice (maybe he just get a warning..etc) he will remember you and your life will be worse, and he will even tell his fellow SGTs or officers abt the "trouble-maker" and you will have a hard time.

CO see confirm the PC will be Storeman ...
    DB also possible. ... kidding ... don't think he'll be stripped of his rank ... I don't understand these commanders .... nothing to do, go back office and rest ... why tekan? Sadly, some do so because of bad mood after quaralling with GFs

Well, I think it'll be good to bring in a pair of slippers and a roll of 'black tape' in also.

A word of advice to new recruits:

Don't take it personal when your sgt or pc tekan you. Just take it as it is. That's the way of military life. The more the company get tekan together the more bonding between the people. At least you have more stuff to BS to your GF when you book out The more you listen to army talk the more you realise all ppl take about is how 'SIONG' their own NS is.

You may hate your instructors for some of the things they do to you. But when you get your own recruits or trainees to take charge of, you may find yourself doing similar things.

Don't keng, don't always report sick, don't be first and don't be last. DO NOT TELL THEM you used to be in NCC. Take care of your buddy and don't lose your rifle. I used to 'collect' bolt carriers at night during the field camps and still remember the look on their faces when they 'clear arms' in the mornings

NS WILL be FUN ( after you ORD )

Agreed!!!
    counting down the daes now...
    1 week exactly...

Joseph, next week when you go back PLEASE REFRAIN from slapping ppl on the face with your PINK PLASTIC. I've seen strong relationships turn sour because of this.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast