Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Singapore Happiest Country in Asia?

Default Re: Singapore Happiest Country in Asia?

If I win 4D first prize, Toto, Big Sweep grand prize and Score in one week, I will be the happiest man, not only in Asia, but in the entire universe!

By the way, I don't think most Singaporeans are happy especially male Singaporeans who have to 'charge.......' or kanna charged.

it is the cost of living that is hurting a lot of ppl. When you have ERP gantries building right in the middle of the heartlands (Toa Payoh), raising transportation costs (no impact on level of service, in fact my waiting time has increased) and ministers who get up to 33% increase in pay raise(again no improvement, my pay didnt raise either); hard to say that the average singaporean is happy. Think it would be good if the government consider cutting tax (gst or whatever) for once. Drop it back to 5% period, no increase in other areas. That would prob make more ppl happy.

I wonder if everyone will be as happy when we reach retirement and discovered that we do not have enough $$ to see us through.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shogun View Post
    I wonder if everyone will be as happy when we reach retirement and discovered that we do not have enough $$ to see us through.
    Those who are smart, who plan and save for their retirement will be happy. Those who BBB everything that is the latest, cameras,expensive camera bags, gadgets and other toys (even within their monthly means but with little or no savings) are very happy now and whether they will be happy later, when retired is a big big question mark

Quote Originally Posted by chngpe01 View Post
    Those who are smart, who plan and save for their retirement will be happy. Those who BBB everything that is the latest, cameras,expensive camera bags, gadgets and other toys (even within their monthly means but with little or no savings) are very happy now and whether they will be happy later, when retired is a big big question mark
    oh crap! that would be me

must stay clear of CS... if not, sure tempted to BBB

After reading through this, I can guess why there are some people not happy already.

Quote Originally Posted by chngpe01 View Post
    ...and some of these don't even derive utility out of their equipment.. other than the buying moment.

Quote Originally Posted by photobum View Post
    If I win 4D first prize, Toto, Big Sweep grand prize and Score in one week, I will be the happiest man, not only in Asia, but in the entire universe!

By the way, I don't think most Singaporeans are happy especially male Singaporeans who have to 'charge.......' or kanna charged.
    Just follow and obey the rules. They are basic and transparent. If you choose otherwise, U pay for the price. It is always easy to blame the authority, but who is at fault?

Drivers blame the car park warden when they are fined for not displaying parking coupon.. so who is at fault?

It is the same everywhere... I would like to stay in a place where everybody can break the rules or laws... if you can let me know where

Quote Originally Posted by dEthANGeL View Post
    Y O U G O T T A B E K I D D I N G M E . . .

With the amount of sh!t we face everyday ... i'm not surprised we're a "happy" and "fine" city.

I wonder where/who/how they got this information from .. seriously flawed.

The answer is simple. Go to another place if you think this place is not good and not suitable for you.... so that you don't have to face the... everyday!

I think many of us are interested.

Quote Originally Posted by ricohflex View Post
    What rubbish.
    Do you have any idea how much stress there is?

One thing I agree with in the video...drug pushers are executed.

When doing my BCTC I was unhappy that healthy and fit foreigner males above 21 years of age are given citizenship or PR and not have to serve. The smooth talk is that their children will have to serve but not them.

I want them to do exactly what I was doing in BCTC.
    Whatever I want them to do, I will do first. e.g. charge up the hill or crawl under the barbed wire or attack the FOFO. Then they have to do it after I have shown them and done it first. This is to ensure they cannot claim unfair.

After just ONE try of BCTC.
    90% of these foreigners turned citizens/PRs will pack up and leave on the next flight out and never come back.
    I think the statement you had made needs evident and proof....~

What does NS have to do with anything? In fact everyone should be happy that we have NS. Do you want someone else other than yourself defending YOUR country?

Quote Originally Posted by Yatlapball View Post
    What does NS have to do with anything? In fact everyone should be happy that we have NS. Do you want someone else other than yourself defending YOUR country?
    I agreed with you whole heartedly.

NS changed a boy to a man. The training we received give us an edge during emergency.

Quote Originally Posted by JillValentine View Post
    After reading through this, I can guess why there are some people not happy already.
    U are right!

Happiness don't come to you.

You have to look for it and earn it. e.g if you look for misery than you are miserable for the whole of your life.

contentment or ignorance is happiness ?
    am i happy?

i am happy in many ways, sure. i mean i dont worry when my next meal gonna come, or that i cant pay my monthly bills. i also dont worry if i have a roof over my head and whether i'll die any minute. i am hooked onto this online game lately and finding lotsa pleasure playing it hehe..

however, i am also unhappy in some ways. pressure from family, society and mostly myself. expectations and also the rat race. tired ? i am really tired.

i just think it depends on what you mean by happiness. i believe there are many happy souls around despite our complaints
    爱是要时间慢慢培养的。。

I am very happy to live here in Singapore.
    Clean and green, no calamities like typhoon, no brownouts.
    So peaceful..it's like Disneyland!
    Though it gets boring sometimes but heck--there's no place like Singapore!

For those who are not happy living here. I suggest you go visit Manila,Philippines.
    You will see

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345