Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Singapore Happiest Country in Asia?

Default Re: Singapore Happiest Coumtry in Asia?

we are being extorted in broad day light.

Default Re: Singapore Happiest Country in Asia?

Quote Originally Posted by ricohflex View Post
    One thing I agree with in the video...drug pushers are executed.
    actually, that is one of the inaccuracies in the video... they actually said drug users (not pushers) are executed... as well chewing gum is not banned either, its importing that is controlled... journalistic integrity anyone...

Y O U G O T T A B E K I D D I N G M E . . .

With the amount of sh!t we face everyday ... i'm not surprised we're a "happy" and "fine" city.

I wonder where/who/how they got this information from .. seriously flawed.

my friends and fellow country men, journalism is not the hallowed profession that it used to be. ABC news just reinforced that. sigh...if only Ed murrow was alive today...

Blog Entries

There seems to be something wrong here ppl,

(like the TS) who can afford to own more than $11k 500mmf4 L lens and yet unhappy. Perhaps because not only the cost of living is going up but not much birds to shoot here

Ppl who can afford to spit chocolate bubble tea, also unhappy.

Ppl who have jobs but not happy because they are stressed and think they should be paid more and work less.

Ppl with computer are not happy cause they are so connected with the rest of the world that they can easily compare and perceived that the grass everywhere, except Singapore, is sooo much greener.

While the less fortunate in war torn and famine stricken countries are worry as to when is their next meal, ppl here are unhappy and complaining about the cost of rising fuel to propel their SUVs and 4x4s. And also raise in taxi fares.

I guess happy are those who appreciate the simple pleasures in life. But than again simple pleasures in life to many here could be owning a 1DsMkIII or D3 or maybe a Hassablad H3D etc. Human greed can never be satisfied

Quote Originally Posted by chngpe01 View Post

Ppl with computer are not happy cause they are so connected with the rest of the world that they can easily compare and perceived that the grass everywhere, except Singapore, is sooo much greener.
    我要回家

People, so if you think you are unhappy, what are you doing about it? If you are not doing something about it, then you have nobody but yourself to blame. If you are doing something about it, that means you have a passion for something, and doing something that you have a passion for makes you happy. If you cannot do anything about those things that makes you unhappy, you cannot be anything else other than a politician from the opposition.

Do think maybe BBC gets the idea that Singapore is Happiest Country in Asia by reading the posts in Kopitiam?

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    wa, looks like they aren't earning their pay, with you badmouthing singapore at every chance!

有些人,是永远不会快乐的。
    快乐是自己给的,不是别人给的。
    自己给自己的快乐?

That's not self-abuse?

别人给的快乐=Geylang?

Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    自己给自己的快乐?

That's not self-abuse?

别人给的快乐=Geylang?

wa, good chinese!

芽笼哪来的快乐?只有性病,真正懂快乐的人不会去那种地方的。

So we now know its true: There are liars, damned liars, and statistics.

And maybe I should add: There are news, and there is reality.

But anyway: Happy or not, so what? The most gifted and creative artists in the past were mad, depressed, weirdos, eccentrics, alcoholics, etc etc

Happy people have no, or lesser, reason to change things.

Here's a link dedicated to all the happy/unhappy/happyish people in S'pore!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjnvSQuv-H4

Sony Alpha system user. www.pbase.com/synapseman

Quote Originally Posted by synapseman View Post
    Here's a link dedicated to all the happy/unhappy/happyish people in S'pore!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjnvSQuv-H4

this one more appropriate for the people here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4p6_WZJJNBw

Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    We want to know what's the secret of Singaporeans' happiness.
    It not just about Singaporeans, it about human and all just about contentment

Singapore might be the "happiest" country in Asia like they quoted. We cant deny that the living environment is much better comparing the others but of cos it aint come cheap too.

Again, we have the choice to choose our life too, it's individual needs. If anyone want a super "good" life then have to work extra miles to get there too.

If anyone want really hate singapore so much, then why still stay here? Dont say anything about alamak me NO MONEY ah....... it just a matter of you want a not.
    Dreams at Photoaid! Contact me, pls!

(like the TS) who can afford to own more than $11k 500mmf4 L lens and yet unhappy. Perhaps because not only the cost of living is going up but not much birds to shoot here

Ppl who have jobs but not happy because they are stressed and think they should be paid more and work less.

While the less fortunate in war torn and famine stricken countries are worry as to when is their next meal, ppl here are unhappy and complaining about the cost of rising fuel to propel their SUVs and 4x4s. And also raise in taxi fares.

I guess happy are those who appreciate the simple pleasures in life. But than again simple pleasures in life to many here could be owning a 1DsMkIII or D3 or maybe a Hassablad H3D etc. Human greed can never be satisfied
    Ya, just like i always say, it about contentment. Human sure have greed but it is how greed you are.
    Again, what is right or wrong? There is no answer for it, it just a matter of where u stand and your viewing points. Majority dun mean "right" and Minority dun mean "wrong" too.
    Last edited by Tupi Guy; 12th January 2008 at 08:54 AM.
    Dreams at Photoaid! Contact me, pls!

I just remembered an article of Singaporeans being the most unhappy and now there's a different report?

Guess it really has to depends on who writes it.

Quote Originally Posted by espion View Post
    So we now know its true: There are liars, damned liars, and statistics.
    Not often someone quotes Disraeli here!

Quote Originally Posted by ricohflex View Post
    I want them to do exactly what I was doing in BCTC.
    Whatever I want them to do, I will do first. e.g. charge up the hill or crawl under the barbed wire or attack the FOFO. Then they have to do it after I have shown them and done it first. This is to ensure they cannot claim unfair.

After just ONE try of BCTC.
    90% of these foreigners turned citizens/PRs will pack up and leave on the next flight out and never come back.

But charging up hills, setting the bangalore, crawling under wire and attacking FOFO ain't difficult at all...

There are fines for the smallest infractions, and more serious criminals are strapped to a rack and beaten with a bamboo cane.

of coz SGreans are happy..we are always going around saying to one another .. "songbo??" whenever there's a price hike
    Last edited by Stereobox; 12th January 2008 at 10:02 AM.

I don't think it's very correct to say that. In Sg, majority of newer house owners are actually in debt, it's just that we don't feel it because the loan is stretched over 20-30 years. (And look at the interest incurred), more importantly, one can't afford to take a break from work for 30 years from the point when a flat is bought, risking loosing shelter for the family.

Also really can't compare to those other countries, because much lower expenses and simpler life. They need shelter, they build their own hut, we need shelter, we need to fork out at least S$190 for a HDB flat. They need water, they dig a well, we need water... we'd be heavily fined for digging a well.

Their education system is rudimentary, all they need to know is read ,write and simple maths, try stopping at that level in Sg. And I haven't touch on medical expenses.

The thing is that we are "well taken care" of but it's at a cost. As the article stated, we willing gave up civil liberties for stability. To us, it's a small matter as we are brought up in this environment, we are naturalised. Just as we perceive those less fortunate countries and uses our own benchmarks, but they have also been naturalised to their environment just as we are.
    Last edited by CYRN; 12th January 2008 at 10:30 AM.
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast