Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 42

Thread: Anyone in Lasalle SIA's Fineart (Photography) here?

  1. #1

    Default Anyone in Lasalle SIA's Fineart (Photography) here?

    Just curious..
    would like to ask questions if there are lasalle students here.

  2. #2
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,686
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Anyone in Lasalle SIA's Fineart(Photography) here?

    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroDivine View Post
    Just curious..
    would like to ask questions if there are lasalle students here.
    ex student here

    but not fine arts

    last time don't have fine art photography

  3. #3

    Default Re: Anyone in Lasalle SIA's Fineart(Photography) here?

    Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    ex student here

    but not fine arts

    last time don't have fine art photography
    ohh... what did u major in last time ortega?

  4. #4
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default Re: Anyone in Lasalle SIA's Fineart (Photography) here?

    ex-student here too.



    LASALLE-SIA ROXXXXXXXXXX!!








    now is LASALLE only right... wat a change.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  5. #5

    Default Re: Anyone in Lasalle SIA's Fineart (Photography) here?

    i am a current student for lasallesia

    lvl1 in Communication Design

  6. #6

    Default Re: Anyone in Lasalle SIA's Fineart (Photography) here?

    cheesecake: haha old boy huh :P

    junniee: do u know anything of lasalle's fineart(photography) course?
    I only heard that it's new.. do u know what is the program like?

  7. #7
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,686
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Anyone in Lasalle SIA's Fineart(Photography) here?

    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroDivine View Post
    ohh... what did u major in last time ortega?
    me? product design, graduated in 1993

    classes in the telok kurau campus
    Last edited by ortega; 12th January 2008 at 12:27 AM.

  8. #8
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default Re: Anyone in Lasalle SIA's Fineart (Photography) here?

    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroDivine View Post
    cheesecake: haha old boy huh :P

    junniee: do u know anything of lasalle's fineart(photography) course?
    I only heard that it's new.. do u know what is the program like?
    paiseh, ortega is the real old boy.


    i'm jus a young boy.



    when it was my days back in LASALLE-SIA, every design school n fine arts school has fotography as part of their modules n curriculum.

    thus, there was no need for fotography as a specialisation.

    there's 2 ways to it, u can choose to improve fotography by signing up for other fotography classes/courses as an elective and at the same time, u get to major in design or multimedia(for instance) so that u are not 100% reliant on fotography for ur ricebowl.

    clearly i think this is a smart n wise move from the school.

    i'm quite surprised that they are bringing back specialisation for fotography. i'm not sure if it'll do u any good at all... esp. if other faculties are also learning fotography as part of their curriculum and they can eventually switch to fotography as a career later on.

    as for u, it might be risky.


    anyway, tas wat i feel. not sure wat direction the school is heading to.. nowadays.

    i hope i've been clear.. paiseh.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  9. #9

    Default Re: Anyone in Lasalle SIA's Fineart(Photography) here?

    Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    me? product design, graduated in 1993

    classes in the telok kurau campus
    Those were the days.......good old days........

  10. #10

    Default Re: Anyone in Lasalle SIA's Fineart (Photography) here?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    paiseh, ortega is the real old boy.


    i'm jus a young boy.



    when it was my days back in LASALLE-SIA, every design school n fine arts school has fotography as part of their modules n curriculum.

    thus, there was no need for fotography as a specialisation.

    there's 2 ways to it, u can choose to improve fotography by signing up for other fotography classes/courses as an elective and at the same time, u get to major in design or multimedia(for instance) so that u are not 100% reliant on fotography for ur ricebowl.

    clearly i think this is a smart n wise move from the school.

    i'm quite surprised that they are bringing back specialisation for fotography. i'm not sure if it'll do u any good at all... esp. if other faculties are also learning fotography as part of their curriculum and they can eventually switch to fotography as a career later on.

    as for u, it might be risky.


    anyway, tas wat i feel. not sure wat direction the school is heading to.. nowadays.

    i hope i've been clear.. paiseh.
    Thanks alot Cheesecake for the explanation and advice.
    Yeah indeed what you say is very true, I am just thinking of my options..

  11. #11
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default Re: Anyone in Lasalle SIA's Fineart (Photography) here?

    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroDivine View Post
    Thanks alot Cheesecake for the explanation and advice.
    Yeah indeed what you say is very true, I am just thinking of my options..
    yeah, jus my own opinion la...

    if i were u, i would specialise in graphic design n pick up more fotography from electives.




    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  12. #12
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,686
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Anyone in Lasalle SIA's Fineart (Photography) here?

    if you want to study photography

    NY is the place to be

  13. #13

    Default Re: Anyone in Lasalle SIA's Fineart (Photography) here?

    Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    if you want to study photography

    NY is the place to be
    boh lui

  14. #14

    Default Re: Anyone in Lasalle SIA's Fineart (Photography) here?

    I am not a student...

    My thinking is:

    If this is new programme, then you are in fun and as well as scary ride for 2-3 years...
    Like rollercoaster... ha

    Best way to decide is ask the school who are the lecturers, and the bio write and background if possible. The name of school is not as important as the lecturers they engaged for the students... since it change every year.

  15. #15

    Default Re: Anyone in Lasalle SIA's Fineart (Photography) here?

    ...........
    Last edited by contaxable; 4th March 2008 at 09:06 PM.

  16. #16

    Default Re: Anyone in Lasalle SIA's Fineart (Photography) here?

    Thanks for the encouraging words maybe and contaxable,
    really appreciate them
    yeah will give the school a call on Monday to ask about this course and who are the lecturers.

  17. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: Anyone in Lasalle SIA's Fineart (Photography) here?

    Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    if you want to study photography

    NY is the place to be
    NY? aka NanYang Poly?
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  18. #18

    Default Re: Anyone in Lasalle SIA's Fineart (Photography) here?

    Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    NY? aka NanYang Poly?
    or NY = New York??

    Me used to be Lasalle SIA or Raffles wannabe..... One is requirement too high for me and one is far too X for me at that point of time......
    Dreams at Photoaid! Contact me, pls!

  19. #19

    Default Re: Anyone in Lasalle SIA's Fineart (Photography) here?

    actually..

    i wun like to advice u...
    lasalle standard drop alot...
    wan play photogrphy go ny .. tt wad i am tinking too


    my previous sem lecturer was suck...

    now ah cats, ah dog all can go lasalle

    last time, got interview, test then can join...
    now, simply can join

    comment tt i say is my pov.

  20. #20

    Default Re: Anyone in Lasalle SIA's Fineart (Photography) here?

    Under the course of Communication Design

    they do teach VERY GENERAL photography.

    technical - learn yrself
    composition - learn yrself...
    almost everything u need to learn yrself....



Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •