Thread: dslr in concert

Default dslr in concert

hey, anyone here has kena caught for bringing dslr during concert in indoor stadium? where would the camera be if confiscated?

im not saying i wanna bring in, i have an assignment just before a concert and cannot avoid not bringing the camera in.

or is there way just to smuggle in, thats the best.

70-200f2.8IS a bit difficult to smuggle hor?

Default Re: dslr in concert

think tt so long so u keep in nr bag, they will not make things difficult ... flashing e DSLR n u r fair game ....

Quote Originally Posted by paradigm View Post
    think tt so long so u keep in nr bag, they will not make things difficult ... flashing e DSLR n u r fair game ....
    well, i hope just keeping in my bag should solve all the problem! if there's a service that could send my bag home after assignment would be best. and thanks for renting the lens mate.

should be fine.... as long its not a bomb

i've had encounters with someone using a DSLR with FLASH firing away inside victoria concert hall at one of the performances. Though it was stated before the performance "PHOTOGRAPHY IS NOT ALLOWED" that guy still got a way with it and sitting next to him is his with with a camcorder recording the whole performance. GVGT.. post vids later tonight.
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

Depends on what concert you're attending and how an*l the publicity management side is. They may tell the security-end to outright refuse entry unless you leave it with them.

yanyewkay: perhaps he has a media pass?

Something additional for you to read

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=326010

It's indoor stadium btw...

Quote Originally Posted by paradigm View Post

Don't think they'll let you in. Almost everyone will claims that they'll not take it out from the bag.

Heh. Like I said... no pass, forget it. Just enjoy the show lah.

Quote Originally Posted by elfvin View Post
    hey, anyone here has kena caught for bringing dslr during concert in indoor stadium? where would the camera be if confiscated?

im not saying i wanna bring in, i have an assignment just before a concert and cannot avoid not bringing the camera in.

or is there way just to smuggle in, thats the best.

70-200f2.8IS a bit difficult to smuggle hor?
    thay have lockers for you to put the stuff in, though you can always go back and retrieve your stuff after u've entered the hall and their attention is off you.
    eat. drink. shoot

Quote Originally Posted by togu View Post
    Don't think they'll let you in. Almost everyone will claims that they'll not take it out from the bag.

ya lor ya lor!

Quote Originally Posted by Yatlapball View Post
    Heh. Like I said... no pass, forget it. Just enjoy the show lah.
    yeahh. now that +evenstar mentioned about the lockers, i think thats safe enough.

Quote Originally Posted by +evenstar View Post
    thay have lockers for you to put the stuff in, though you can always go back and retrieve your stuff after u've entered the hall and their attention is off you.
    for indoor stadium? what you mean by retrieve stuff after entering the hall? re-entry never check bags ah?

err..i dun think so..i think there will be someone guarding the locker areas perhaps..
    how to retrieve during concert? haha..the moment u take out u r caught..its only if u r damn lucky or after concert then take back..

actually..its damn easy to smuggle a 400D and 70-300 pass the guards or officials doing checks

evenstar you shoot for SPH right? :P No such worries for you. always able to get a press pass

the lockers are only for confiscated items? is there any designated for safekeeping things out of the hall?

i got caught with a 1D II + 70-200 at the checks before. they watched me put the stuff into one of the lockers and enter the hall. 5 mins later, i looped back and retrieved my camera+lens without any problems even though there were around 4-6 staff around the area. (none were keeping watch on the lockers though)
    eat. drink. shoot