Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Volvo C30

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Kembangan
    Posts
    151

    Wink Volvo C30

    what do u think of this car? I'm thinking of getting it after I got my license.

    http://www.oneshift.com/pdb/cdr.php?...%3D41%26aso%3D

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    A village in a forest
    Posts
    1,515

    Default Re: Volvo C30

    Car looks good, and engine is very powerful. Definitely a fuel guzzler, but I don't think you will be considering that if you are thinking of C30 as your 1st car. But do beware, for a new driver who just got her driving license, the car may be too powerful for a new driver to handle competently. And the insurance is going to be huge if you are registering under your name.
    Canon 80D|Panasonic LX3/LX5
    35f2 IS|50f1.8|85f1.8|12-24f4|18-135f4-5.6 IS|28-75f2.8

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    377

    Default Re: Volvo C30

    Wow, getting this as your 1st car?

    No offence to you but i agree with kelccm. The car may be too powerful for you to handle. I have tested my fren's Saab Aero with similar specs with the C30. And it is a mean machine.
    Floor the gas pedal and you will stick to you seat.

    Also the insurance will be sky high. New driver, 2 door and turbo charged adds more premium to your insurance.

  4. #4
    Senior Member Big Kahuna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    2,127

    Default Re: Volvo C30

    Why not if money is no issue

    YMMV....if I can affort, I want a Ferrari as my first car.....It's not true that a powerful car will crash easier than a say QQ or Picanto on a newbie hand....how often do we hear that? It's the man behind the wheel that matter

  5. #5

    Default Re: Volvo C30

    Quote Originally Posted by kelccm View Post
    Car looks good, and engine is very powerful. Definitely a fuel guzzler, but I don't think you will be considering that if you are thinking of C30 as your 1st car. But do beware, for a new driver who just got her driving license, the car may be too powerful for a new driver to handle competently. And the insurance is going to be huge if you are registering under your name.
    i dun think so this car is that powerful that a new driver cannot handle. But I find the car a little on the light side.

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Kembangan
    Posts
    151

    Default Re: Volvo C30

    Oh! My dad will be giving me a "loan", so kinda like it. He drives a Volvo, so naturally I'll be looking at the same brand. I like small car so I thought this is kind of cute. Another one I like is the Beetle.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    A village in a forest
    Posts
    1,515

    Default Re: Volvo C30

    Quote Originally Posted by conquer500 View Post
    i dun think so this car is that powerful that a new driver cannot handle. But I find the car a little on the light side.
    All cars can be handled anyone if they are confident and driven with caution. But for an inexperience driver, sometime they may exceed the road safety limits without realising it, more so for a high end performance car. So it is just to highlight to TS to be more careful if she decides to purchase it.
    Canon 80D|Panasonic LX3/LX5
    35f2 IS|50f1.8|85f1.8|12-24f4|18-135f4-5.6 IS|28-75f2.8

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    A village in a forest
    Posts
    1,515

    Default Re: Volvo C30

    Quote Originally Posted by JillValentine View Post
    Oh! My dad will be giving me a "loan", so kinda like it. He drives a Volvo, so naturally I'll be looking at the same brand. I like small car so I thought this is kind of cute. Another one I like is the Beetle.
    Actually, if budget or fuel consumption is not an issue with you, the best would be to go down to the car showroom and see those cars you fancy and best would be to test drive them. That should give you an idea of the different handling of each car.
    Canon 80D|Panasonic LX3/LX5
    35f2 IS|50f1.8|85f1.8|12-24f4|18-135f4-5.6 IS|28-75f2.8

  9. #9

    Default Re: Volvo C30

    For your first car, get one that is below 1600cc. Just get used to driving around first before jumping in to high performance cards.

    If you want a continental car, go for the VW. You can't go wrong with German precision.

    Jeremy Clarkson didn't have a good impression of the C30 (Like he has with other cars )

  10. #10

    Default Re: Volvo C30

    my family had quite a number of volvos, from the old 840, 960 turbo, and the latest s80.

    all have 2 things in common. cracked engin blocks and buggered gearboxes. and the orchestra starts just after 5 years. so be prepared!

  11. #11

    Default Re: Volvo C30

    Quote Originally Posted by kelccm View Post
    All cars can be handled anyone if they are confident and driven with caution. But for an inexperience driver, sometime they may exceed the road safety limits without realising it, more so for a high end performance car. So it is just to highlight to TS to be more careful if she decides to purchase it.
    well, ladies driver are more capable then male drivers.

  12. #12
    Senior Member Big Kahuna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    2,127

    Default Re: Volvo C30

    Quote Originally Posted by JillValentine View Post
    Oh! My dad will be giving me a "loan", so kinda like it. He drives a Volvo, so naturally I'll be looking at the same brand. I like small car so I thought this is kind of cute. Another one I like is the Beetle.
    Maybe can also consider Mini Coooper.....can drive and park like a go cart

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    La La Land
    Posts
    1,294

    Default Re: Volvo C30

    nice car but for that price, i'd get myself a VW Golf GTi. if i have the moolah, my first car would definitely be that one.

    i think anybody can drive any car and not go crashing it as long as they are well acquainted with the car. knowing how responsive the accelerator and brakes are is crucial.

    whatever it is, drive safely.

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    La La Land
    Posts
    1,294

    Default Re: Volvo C30

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Kahuna View Post
    Maybe can also consider Mini Coooper.....can drive and park like a go cart
    yup, the Mini Cooper S is the way to go. those Mini One are lame.

  15. #15

    Default Re: Volvo C30

    I wanted a souped up M113 as my first car but too bad S'pore doesn't allow it

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •