Thread: Lightroom:How to change default import folder

Default Lightroom:How to change default import folder

Hi Guys,

Quite a stupid question but I can''t seem to find how to change the default lightroom import folder.
    When I import the photos form my camera, it seems to go straight to C drive and I wanna change this to my external drive.

Thanks!

Default Re: Lightroom:How to change default import folder

directly from camera?
    i use a card reader .. it will prompt me where i want to save and import

else u can save into your harddisk first then import right?

did you enable auto-import through watched folder?
    normally there should be an import dialog even when importing directly from the camera...
    Never forget rule 5
    My Flickr

I use lightroom and press import... then lightroom will import everything from my camera.
    I checked the cataloging folder and it shows me the path but i cant change it from there... tried preferences but cant change it either

for eg when u insert a card reader/connect ur cam to USB slot, lightroom will open and u get the 'Import Photos from ...'

under the second option, theres copy to: ... then click choose, and specify the import folder

but i dun noe if that changes the default too

Quote Originally Posted by owen27 View Post
    I use lightroom and press import... then lightroom will import everything from my camera.
    I checked the cataloging folder and it shows me the path but i cant change it from there... tried preferences but cant change it either
    Under the 'Import' tab in 'Preferences', tick the box that says 'show import dialogue when a memory card is inserted'.

Or try this,

Click 'File', 'Auto Import', then 'Auto Import Settings'. Here you can specify the destination folder.

I'm using Lightroom 1.3 for Mac, so I'm not sure if the Windows version will show similar settings.
    Pictures always should have a special story behind it or a special meaning to the photographer.

great! thanks... finally able to select folder in auto import settings!