Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Discount ads on taxis illegal, says LTA

Default Re: Discount ads on taxis illegal, says LTA

everything here is a family-run business. probably the entire nation is too

Quote Originally Posted by satay16 View Post
    the key letter is "s". peasantssssss. pural. and in this context, pural means majority, not a few helpless "martyrs"(as quoted from feer).
    peasantS

well look at it this way.
    with the various policy that are coming up, means testing, etc etc
    Do think hard about all this if there is a chance for you to vote.

but i believe in one thing, when i hear relatives complaining about the P a P and i asked them who did they vote before. They suddenly went quiet.........

Those who voted for them, i beleive should not even be complaining in the first place.

its really sad to take the train to work and see how sad singapore has become.
    we are still a very long way from being a gracious society.
    its so sad to see that local singaporeans are not willing to help fellow singaporeans.

i wonder what singapore will be like as we march down this path.

but one thing is for sure, DO NOT COUNT ON THE GOVERMENT TO MAKE MORALLY CORRECT DECISIONS FOR THE BENEFIT OF LOCAL SINGAPOREANS.

p.s> sorry for the disjointed thoughts.
    Last edited by sevenWAYS; 11th January 2008 at 12:40 AM.

vince123123
    Guests

Actually, its the policies made by the governemnt that has resulted in the socially and morally ungracious society. With all this talk of do or die, dog eat dog, no free lunch, survival of the fittest, me and myself, kiasu, kiasee etc; one can't help but grow up with a certain mindset.

Quote Originally Posted by redstone View Post
    peasantS
    peasants got peanuts? :embrass i want some peanuts if you have some
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

One reminder for all, I am ok with the topic and discussion around the topic. However , I have a reminder for those who take the opportunity to rant or make any comment about other government polices : Dont cross the line.

CS has a very strict policy of not allowing such discussion. I have informed all CS mods to delete such post on sight. And I hope to get everyone cooperation on that. I have explained very well why we make this decision sometime back. For the sake of yourself, everyone here and CS, please follow this guideline strictly

Quote Originally Posted by redstone View Post
    Peasants revolt.
    Dun have to.

Just recommend to Subordinate Courts to put a "Grievance Drum" and when someone has a Grave Grievance or serious injustice done to him/her, goto the Courts and start hitting the drum and the Magistrate will see him.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper ShutterBug View Post
    We are frogs in boiling water.
    That is my thought EXACTLY.

Quote Originally Posted by Astin View Post
    I think this time the price hike may work, those lazy taxi drivers who only want to earn quick money and hide during the not-so-much-money hours will get tired and give up driving taxi eventually. After that only the hard working taxi drivers will survive and by that time passangers will get used to new fare and back to normal liao.
    We still need taxi but we dont need those "bad quality" taxi drivers.
    but then again, those dropped out of driving taxis will realised that they do not hv the necessary skillsets to work in offices etc ... then they become out of jobs ...

Quote Originally Posted by Astin View Post
    I think this time the price hike may work, those lazy taxi drivers who only want to earn quick money and hide during the not-so-much-money hours will get tired and give up driving taxi eventually. After that only the hard working taxi drivers will survive and by that time passangers will get used to new fare and back to normal liao.
    We still need taxi but we dont need those "bad quality" taxi drivers.
    Quote Originally Posted by paradigm View Post
    but then again, those dropped out of driving taxis will realised that they do not hv the necessary skillsets to work in offices etc ... then they become out of jobs ...

not quite true.. a lot of people have too lowly an opinion of taxi drivers. There are quite a number of retirees who drive taxis to pass time instead of sitting at home.

I've not heard of lazy drivers who stays off the "not-so-much-money hours" completely.. the most they do is to go for a meal/supper or nap 1 hr before the golden hours. Those who really need the job as a taxi driver will not drop out of it so easily. And those who drop out are usually those who cannot take the long hours of driving causing pain in the lower back and usually left hip joint.

You guys often encounter lazy drivers who couldn't make ends meet because of the stated reasons?
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

Actually I feel Singapore has highly qualified taxi drivers. Many have diploma or degrees for the younger generations. Many also have license for many vehicals including cranes. Once in a while, you may even meet one who ran his own business and retired then came out to drive taxis to kill time(many of them drive mercedes taxis).
    Chanxj
    my blog @ http://sgsnap.com

i'm considering getting myself a taxi license too (for rainy days)

yup... not all taxi drivers are a bunch of lazy lots. i've known a few who tries to make ends meet by driving full shifts everyday. those taking taxis should talk to the uncles/aunties and get to know them better. ask them what is it like to be driving around daily, what brightens their day, what pisses them off, etc.

just yesterday, i was talking to this driver on the "No 35% Surcharge" thingy. he was saying that the person who put up the advertisement is kinda stupid. if want to absorb the surcharge, can always do it verbally. why need to tell the whole world of your intentions?

Quote Originally Posted by mohgui View Post
    just yesterday, i was talking to this driver on the "No 35% Surcharge" thingy. he was saying that the person who put up the advertisement is kinda stupid. if want to absorb the surcharge, can always do it verbally. why need to tell the whole world of your intentions?
    Because this guy doesn't understand marketing! What's the point of having a sale if no one knows about it?

And it's not stupid. Someone needs to prove in court why displaying a price discount sign is illegal. What is stupid is people believing that displaying a sign is illegal because some "authority" says so.
    Last edited by waileong; 12th January 2008 at 08:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jsbn View Post
    Dun have to.

Just recommend to Subordinate Courts to put a "Grievance Drum" and when someone has a Grave Grievance or serious injustice done to him/her, goto the Courts and start hitting the drum and the Magistrate will see him.
    wei woooooooo

Dear fellow forumers,
    There is a forum in Anchorvale Community Club from 1.45pm.
    The topic of this forum is Singapore Transport System - How connected are we?
    Guest of honour is Dr. Lam and few LTA representative will be present.

Instead of whining here which is totally the wrong place, why not do something more constructive? Let your voice be heard.

PS: I will be attending the forum.
    Last edited by Goondoo; 11th January 2008 at 10:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mohgui View Post
    i'm considering getting myself a taxi license too (for rainy days)

yup... not all taxi drivers are a bunch of lazy lots. i've known a few who tries to make ends meet by driving full shifts everyday. those taking taxis should talk to the uncles/aunties and get to know them better. ask them what is it like to be driving around daily, what brightens their day, what pisses them off, etc.

Since so many taxis are empty and in order to compete they chose to display the "no 35% surcharge" ? Don't display, customers won't know. They can't choose customers but customers can have their choice. It is not necessary to hop into the cab in the next of line,this is consumer's right ! Maybe we can display this :" No 35% surcharge ,please flash headlight" It still works ,doesn't it ? Any one taking mass order for this card display, preferably foldable one, hanky may be good enough !
    Last edited by Old Boy; 11th January 2008 at 11:49 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234