Thread: Wedding =)

Default Wedding =)

Hi Guys =) Just wanna get some idea where of any locations you guys would suggest for a casual wedding shoot =) And any tips you guys can offer on how to get good night/evening shots =) Thanks!! =D

Default Re: Wedding =)

u can actually do some research from the wedding forum and see what the rest of them are doing...go around singapore and find the place that suits wat u wanna do

Quote Originally Posted by Lumiere View Post
    u can actually do some research from the wedding forum and see what the rest of them are doing...go around singapore and find the place that suits wat u wanna do
    Yea for the past few days I've been scouring the wedding forum and getting ideas.. But some of the places I don't recognize.. and I'm not sure how to take good night/evening shots =X Thanks =)

The biggest tip on how to do photography I ever got was "go practice and learn". Depending on the kindness of friendly strangers to get along is a hell of a way to go ie asking for settings, what eqpt to use, wat camera to use is not that important knowing how to work with wat you have and learn from wat you know are more important.

If you have been reading the right forums perhaps you may get more info. The forum here is not a info sharing resource more of a I show you what I shot and please give me good comments. Try books too. But end of day it is still practice. I am surprise none of your instructors taught that - mine did enons ago.

Yeah.. just sharing some thoughts as a newbie myself.

For learning, just pick a few photos you like and see if you can figure out how they shoot it and try to replicate it. Practise with family and friend first. Digital is free so u can keep on experimenting without any cost. Also work on post processing as it plays a big part.
    There's also lots of books on wedding photography in our library.

Location wise, use your creativity. Anywhere is possible. It's how you frame it.

One of the reasons pple doesn't like to share their exp in wedding photography is that it's their ricebowl. If there is one more wedding photographer out there, there will be less jobs for them. Of course not all of them is like that, some do like to share.

Digital is not free, your time, your camera, your lens, your computer are far more expensive compare to film camera era. every click cost you money, but you already pay up front, so you don't feel the pain.

some things that can't share with people is their standard is not there, it will take triple efforts to explain to make people understand. and some don't show respects to others, why bother to teach someone is not sincere to learn.

and also, every industries all have some trade secret, not suppose to let outsiders know.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    Digital is not free, your time, your camera, your lens, your computer are far more expensive compare to film camera era. every click cost you money, but you already pay up front, so you don't feel the pain.

some things that can't share with people is their standard is not there, it will take triple efforts to explain to make people understand. and some don't show respects to others, why bother to teach someone is not sincere to learn.

and also, every industries all have some trade secret, not suppose to let outsiders know.
    so true!

esp. on the trade secret part too.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

Hi ilsam,

I don't really have a problem sharing with you but perhaps you can be more specific with regards to your question on what you're trying to do. Simply asking what shutter speed and aperture to use at a night shoot is a whole textbook in itself and the advice I would give ie bring along a flash would be a general answer to such a general question.

your couple is already like 70% of the whole picture the other 30% is up to your creativity.
    you can shoot anywhere. just be ready. i usually carry a digital camera around with me and when i see a good location i will take a picture and i will keep a recorde of the address and the picture in my data base. techinical wise is all about experince.

A place with plenty of good quality light...
    http://thepeepingthom.com/ :: pre-weddings :: portraits ::

hi.. i need a photographer for my AD wedding.. pls cal me @ 91068921

Quote Originally Posted by ellery View Post
    ... The forum here is not a info sharing resource more of a I show you what I shot and please give me good comments...
    Sad to say, this is quite true... More and more it seems to be a avenue for advertising ones skills... However, there are the older and more experienced guys here who do give valuable advise and share their pp workflows...
    blog.visualgluttony.com

Quote Originally Posted by ilsam View Post
    Hi Guys =) Just wanna get some idea where of any locations you guys would suggest for a casual wedding shoot =) And any tips you guys can offer on how to get good night/evening shots =) Thanks!! =D

I would suggest Fullerton Hotel for night shoot. I simply love that place!

Anyway I have not engage my wedding photographer. If anyone of you own a shop and have a good wedding portfolio, feel free to pm me with your link.

Quote Originally Posted by qing02051981 View Post
    I would suggest Fullerton Hotel for night shoot. I simply love that place!

Anyway I have not engage my wedding photographer. If anyone of you own a shop and have a good wedding portfolio, feel free to pm me with your link.
    why must the photographer have a shop?

do you know how many photographers really own a shop?

does a shop guarantee the photographers able to produce good photo??
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    why must the photographer have a shop?

do you know how many photographers really own a shop?

does a shop guarantee the photographers able to produce good photo??
    i think he/she means a 'business' not a brick & mortar shopfront. take a chill pill, dude! hehe
    www.colouredshots.com
    Kodak film disposable camera

Is it possible I attend and take photos? I need to build portfolio and is willing to coperate with the photographer in charge.