Thread: sports activity

Default sports activity

any1 likes swimming+cycling+running+diving+blading? i.e. TRI+dive+blade

or other kinky sports u all tried b4 eg bungee/parachute/breakdance/skiing/wheel stunts/surfing/...?

Default Re: sports activity

Originally posted by clive

or other kinky sports u all tried b4 eg bungee/parachute/breakdance/skiing/wheel stunts/surfing/...?
    wheels stunts refers 2 cars?

wheel stunt: anything from motor cars to BMX to skateboards to trucks...like what they show on tv...

eek...nobody sports one ah ... thats so

Default Re: sports activity

I blade, but the last time i did that was too long to remember.

BTW, do you know what is the meaning of "kinky"...?

I do all of the above, r u a triathlete, clive?

i jog

dunno how to swim dunno how to cycle..

pathetic man

must learn one day!!

wakeboarding n waterskiing...

regards
    my flickr account

Procrastination is my favourite sport.
    Wanted to answer this thread this morning, but all thanks to my intensive training, manage to put that off until now. My ambition is to set the new world record for procrastination: To want to do something, but not do it for the rest of my life.

Now too busy. So my only 'sports' now is to lugg my cam and tripod up Bukit Timah and back.

coz i was hardcore runner who only know how to run then run until leg injury...then during leg recovery was forced to switch to low-impact sports: swim, cycle. at first bth felt very alien but then gradually realised how much fun i missed from other sports...then when my leg got much better i started to run all over again but by that time now quite hooked on swim+cycle, so i thought for a while then made up my mind and switced from pure runner-->TRI-sports:swim+bike+run so now i'm refining swim strokes+building base on bike n run, then plan to do my v 1st triathlon some time later..but singapore like there's no such thingy?? unlike USA where they have tri races all over the place

then i the multisport bug bit harder and made me realise there r oso things like blading, diving, and more whacko ones like bungee, sky diving, surfing, wheel stunts,..but i dun have $ for those, so i'm searching around if anyone has been-there-done-it, then can listen to experiences n tips

[ps: no golf pls ]

coz i was hardcore runner who only know how to run then run until leg injury...then during leg recovery was forced to switch to low-impact sports: swim, cycle. at first bth felt very alien but then gradually realised how much fun i missed from other sports...then when my leg got much better i started to run all over again but by that time now quite hooked on swim+cycle, so i thought for a while then made up my mind and switced from pure runner-->TRI-sports:swim+bike+run so now i'm refining swim strokes+building base on bike n run, then plan to do my v 1st triathlon some time later..but singapore like there's no such thingy?? unlike USA where they have tri races all over the place

[ps: no golf pls ]
    Thats where you are a little wrong here, there are triathlon races in singapore for your info. The next one coming up is NUS Triathalon in August. You may want to take part. Its sprint distance (800m swim, 15km cycle, 5km run). Every year, there is our very own Singapore International Triathlon. There are lots of biathlons held in singapore too! NUS Bia, NIE Bia, Aquathons at some public pools, ocaasionally a long distance triathlon (1/2 Ironman Distance). Our neighbours up north have quite a few races troughout the year, Desaru 1/2 Ironman, A-Famosa O.D Tri, Port Dickson Tri, Langkawi Ironman...etc ..lots of multisport.

So I guess you ride a road bike then? or you got youself a tri geometry frame?

I love surfing....

....the internet

errrr... mahjong is my forte... *lolz*

i excerise alot wif my hands and mouth... tt goes pong pong pong.. zhi mo... da san yuan!

TRIgeometry bike ...too expensive.right now i'm relyng on 6 year old mountain bike, can still work for early base building, but next month or so gonna get a entry level racer+aero bar+helmet+crotch support. i think bike clothing+shoes can just use good-old ascics .even though running singlet=more drag but old habits die hard ah

ah yes, then for swimming i'm using the <TOTAL IMMERSSION> method by Terry Laughlin => works like magic!!! my freestyle is about to evolve perfectly now... i only gotten hold of the 1995 book (bluenyellow cover) its kinda out of date but its still much better than other methods. the other 2 books stillon the waiting list lolz

then the wetsuit: another headache, so far those shops in SG only carry those surfing or diving types unless i really want to get a tri-specific type, then have to order thru online ...

but the TAS webpage still underconstruction lolz..so that <singapore international triathlon> isit (1)anyone can sign up to take part or(2)catered t professionals only? also isit olympic distance?(1.5km, 40km, 10km) if its type (1) then will plan for that race, after i get my hands n feet wet after going for the NUS race...then those races in malaysia...still got to spend$ to travel thru the causeway ah...
    Last edited by clive; 23rd May 2003 at 11:34 AM.

Anyone can take part. But you got to go for a swimming time trial to proof than you can swim that distance within a certain time OR you can show proof of taking part in a previous race of the same or longer distance OR possess a long distance swimming award (STA).

So what bike you getting? Trek, cannondale, conalgo, fondriest, cervelo, giant, litespeed, principia, quintana roo?

Campy or Shimano parts?

Spokeys or Aero wheels?

hehehe...another expensive hobby hahahaha

TRIATHLON ASSOCIATION OF SINGAPORE

CORPORATE TRIATHLON

Date: SATURDAY 16 AUG 2003
    Time: 2.00 PM
    Venue: SILOSO BEACH, SENTOSA

ENTRY DEADLINE: SATURDAY 26 JUL 2003
    Please submit all entries to:
    20 Maxwell Road #11-27 Maxwell House Singapore 069113 or
    Robinson Road Post Office, P.O. Box 1344, Singapore 902644

OBJECTIVE(s)

• To introduce the sport of triathlon to the adult community via corporations
    • To make the sporting lifestyle part of the corporate culture
    • To create better team work and camaraderie within the organization
    • To generate a closer networking among corporations/organizations

RACE STRUCTURE

1. Distance
    Swim: 800m
    Bike: 20km
    Run: 5km

2. Categories
    2.1 Individual
    Men & Women Open (No age limit)
    Men & Women Veteran (40 years old & above on race day)

2.2 Relay
    Mixed (At least 1 member of the opposite sex)
    Open (No restriction on the combination)

3. Individual & Relay Trophies
    3.1 Individual Men’s Open: 1st to 5th
    3.2 Individual Men’s Veteran: 1st to 5th
    3.3 Individual Women’s Open: 1st to 5th
    3.4 Individual Women’s Veteran: 1st to 5th
    3.5 Relay Mixed: 1st to 3rd
    3.6 Relay Open: 1st to 3rd
    3.7 Best Performance Award by a CEO/Chairman/MD/CO

4. Challenge Trophies

There will be 2 sets of challenge trophies:
    (1) Corporate Challenge Trophies – For organizations in the private and public sector (non-uniformed organizations)
    (2) `Uniformed Personnel’ Challenge Trophies – For organizations in the public sector (uniformed organizations only e.g. SAF, Police, Civil Defense etc)

TROPHIES
    Men
    Open Men Veteran Women Open Women Veteran Mixed Relay Open Relay
    Men Champion Top 3 performers from both categories combined
    Women Champion Top 2 performers from both categories combined
    Overall(*) Champion 1xTop performer 1xTop performer 1xTop performer from both categories combined 1xTop performing team from both categories combined
    (*) To be eligible for the Overall Challenge Trophy, the organization must have participants in all 4 categories: Men Open, Men Veteran, Women Open or Veteran, Mixed or Open Relay

5. Configuration of Results

Results will be based on the timing of the individual and/or combined timings of the team(s) performance. This system will also be used to determine the winners of the corporate challenge trophies.

In the case of a tie, the tiebreaker will be:
    (1) Men / Women Champion – The timing of the top performer(s)
    (2) Overall Champion – The timing of the top relay team

6. Entry Fees

The fees for each participant will be:
    Sin$35.00 (TAS member)
    Sin$40.00 (non-TAS member)

7. Preparation

The Triathlon Association of Singapore will make special arrangements with any corporations wishing to have training sessions for their staff prior to the event. Such training sessions will be conducted by qualified coaches/athletes, at designated venues of the corporations’ choice.

8. Qualification

• This event is open to all organizations in both the public & private sectors. Permanent staffs of all educational institutions are also eligible to take part. The uniformed groups will compete among themselves. There will be two different sets of challenge trophies to cater to both the uniformed organizations and the corporations.

• All athletes shall register under the company/organization’s name, and their participation as the company/organization’s representatives shall be endorsed with the full knowledge and approval of their CEO/Chairman/Vice President/Managing Director/Commanding Officer or anyone in charge of such decisions. There is no restriction on the number of entries per company.

• Any athlete taking part in the CEO/Chairman/Vice President/Managing Director/Commanding Officer category shall have to qualify himself/herself, as the leader of his/her company with a sizeable workforce. To be eligible for the Best Performance Award by a CEO/Chairman/Managing Director, he/she must be a participant in the Individual Category only. Also, his/her corporations must have at least 1 participant in the Men Open, Men Veteran, Women Open or Veteran (CEO not included), and at least 1 relay team in either category.

• The participating organizations shall exercise fairness & sportsmanship in the event, and will strive to uphold the objectives of the event, that is to encourage the sporting lifestyle among working adults and to generate greater teamwork among themselves.

• Every participant must sign an indemnity form prior to the event, failing which he/she shall not be permitted to participate.

• Every participant (in the Individual categories & Swim section of the Relay categories) must produce proof of his/her proficiency to swim at least 1000m under 35 minutes in a swimming pool or under 45 minutes in open waters. All newcomers to the event will be required to undergo a swimming trial prior to the event.

EVENT HIGHLIGHTS

• Road Shows & `Market Place’

Tents will be rented out to any organizations that wish to set up a road show on the actual day to market their company’s products & services.
    These `temporary market places’ will provide a carnival atmosphere to the day’s event, and an outlet for family members, supporters & non-participants of the organizations to `shop & relax’.

Cost of Rental: $400.00 (10.00 am to 6.00 pm)*
    *Organizations wishing to rent a tent for their road show, please submit your request early with your cheque (made payable to: Triathlon Association of Singapore)

• Networking

A large area will be set up to allow the organizations to network during and after the race. This area will also be used for the prize presentation and reception. A `mini-party’ cum reception will be organized after the race to allow all those present to mingle and have fun together.

• Tentative Program*

10.00am: Road Show opens
    12.00pm: Registration Opens
    2.00pm: Final Briefing
    2.30pm: Men Open & Veteran Race
    3.00pm: Women Open & Veteran Race
    3.30pm: Open & Mixed Relay Race
    4.00pm: Party starts
    5.30pm: Reception & Results

TRIATHLON ASSOCIATION OF SINGAPORE
    CORPORATE TRIATHLON CHALLENGE
    SATURDAY 16 AUG 03 ~ 2.00 PM ~ SILOSO BEACH, SENTOSA

INDEMNITY FORM

This is to certify that I ______________________________ have agreed to my participation in the Corporate Triathlon Challenge organized by the Triathlon Association of Singapore.

In consideration of my participation, I, for my heirs, executors and administrators, release and forever discharge the Triathlon Association of Singapore, their sponsors, appointed staff or officials, of any liabilities, claims, action, damages, costs or expenses which may arise out of or in any way connected with my participation in this event, including travel to or from this event, and including all injuries that may be suffered by me before, during or after the event.

I understand that this indemnity includes any claims based on negligence, action or inaction of any of the above parties.

I recognize the difficulties of the event and attest that I am sufficiently fit and able to swim, bike and run, and I have not been advised otherwise by a qualified medical professional.

__________________________ ____________
    Signature of Participant Date

TO BE COMPLETED BY PARENT/GUARDIAN OF PARTICIPANT WHO IS UNDER 21 YEARS OLD

I/We _______________________________ , _______________________________
    Name(s) NRIC/Passport No.

Being the ___________________________ of ______________________________
    Relationship Name of Participant

Agree to allow him/her to participate in the Corporate Triathlon Challenge organized by the Triathlon Association of Singapore. I/We shall not hold the Triathlon Association of Singapore, their sponsors, appointed staff or officials responsible for any mishaps, injury or loss of life that may occur, or as a result of his/her participation in the event.

__________________________ ____________
    Signature of Parent/Guardian Date

DATE
    EVENT DISTANCE VENUE
    May 18 Malakoff Malaysia Duathlon
    Series 2, Putrajaya 10km run / 60km bike / 8km run Malaysia
    June 1 Subic Bay Int’l Triathlon * 1.5km swim/40km bike/10km run Subic Bay, Philippines
    June 8 Korean ITU World Cup Series** 1.5km swim/40km bike/10km run Tongyeong, Korea
    June 15 Gamagori Int’l Triathlon ** 1.5km swim/40km bike/10km run Gamagori, Japan
    June 15
    (postponed) Putrajaya Int’l Triathlon 1.5km swim/40km bike/10km run KL, Malaysia
    June 22 Korea Int’l Triathlon * 1.5km swim/40km bike/10km run Sokcho, Korea
    Jun 28
    (cancelled) Beijing Int’l Triathlon 1.5km swim/40km bike/10km run Beijing, China
    Jul 6 Miyagi Int’l Triathlon* 1.5km swim/40km bike/10km run Miyagi, Japan
    Jul 20 Kazakhstan Int’l Triathlon* 1.5km swim/40km bike/10km run Burabay, Kazakhstan
    Jul 27 PD Int’l Triathlon 1.5km swim/40km bike/10km run Port Dickson, Malaysia
    Aug 3 NUS Triathlon 800m swim/17km bike/5km run Siloso Beach, Sentosa
    Aug 3 Malakoff Malaysia Duathlon
    Series 3, Dataran Merdeka 10km run / 60km bike / 8km run KL, Malaysia
    Aug 16 Inter-Schools Aquathlon 800m swim/5km run Sentosa, Singapore
    Aug 16 Corporate Triathlon 1.5km swim/40km bike/10km run Sentosa, Singapore
    Aug 17 Sarawak International Triathlon* 1.5km swim/40km bike/10km run Damai Beach, Kuching Serawak
    Aug 31 Macau Int’l Triathlon * 1.5km swim/40km bike/10km run Macau

Sep 13 Desaru Long Distance Triathlon 2km swim/90km bike/21km run Desaru, Malaysia
    Sep 14 Shanghai Int’l Triathlon* 1.5km swim/40km bike/10km run Shanghai, China
    Sep 21 Hong Kong Int’l Triathlon* 1.5km swim/40km bike/10km run Hong Kong
    Oct 12 Powerman Malaysia, 2003, Putrajaya 10km run / 60km bike / 10km run Malaysia
    Nov 2 Asian Triathlon Championship 1.5km swim/40km bike/10km run Chennai, India
    Nov 8/9 Singapore Int’l Triathlon 1.5km swim/40km bike/10km run Singapore

Legends
    * 2003 Asian Cup Series Races
    ** 2003 Asian Cup Series and ITU International Races
    ? To be confirmed
    For Malaysia Races, please contact Mr. Chan Chee Seng Tel:0203-9826633/Fax:0203-9863033/email: info@triathlonmalaysia.com

For Thailand Races, please contact Mr Vijitr Sittinawin at email trithai@asianet.co.th.

For Singapore Races, please contact Fauziah Osman or Sharon Ng at Tel: 6227 7577 or email: singatri@hotmail.com

Wheel stunt not those ramps n dirt jumping but flatland freestyling....with occasional street...

Used to do it a couple of years back, but stopped due to poor results and blah blah..the usual wounds, broken parts here n there...parents etc..

Cant seem to spot any more of these already, even at the so called popular haunt @ ECP macdonalds.....

Think the sport kinda died....or maybe i just din get to see those riders anymore.

impressive detail...yeah i got a lot to work on, especially the swim leg...then how does your very 1st TRI feel like? especially the openwater swim?heard its very scary for 1st time ah...lolz anyway think in the future i'll need to leech more info from u really biggy thnx!