Page 14 of 40 FirstFirst ... 491213141516192439 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 280 of 788

Thread: Woodlanders Woodlanders!!

  1. #261

    Default Re: Woodlanders Woodlanders!!

    Quote Originally Posted by justshot View Post
    Hi Kushiel, you are right. hahahaha
    thank yu thank yu!
    "Love As Thou Wilt":heart:

  2. #262
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Sick-Ka-Poor land
    Posts
    1,238

    Default Re: Woodlanders Woodlanders!!

    Quote Originally Posted by gymak90 View Post
    Hi!

    gymak90(18, Admiralty, P5000)
    me just moved to admiralty as well...shake hand
    KIM & PPY
    Black Camp F100,D90, AFD 35mm f2.0, Voigtlander Cosina 58mm Nokton Classic F1.4.

  3. #263
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Woody Land
    Posts
    1,743

    Default Re: Woodlanders Woodlanders!!

    Hello Woodlands People!

    Razor here at Woodlands Ring Road.

    I'm back living in Woodlands after 12 years living in the east side!!!! Woah feels like home-coming!! hahaha!!

    Share with you some old history...

    First moved to Woodlands in 1973. There were only 5 blocks back then in Marsiling. Block 1 to 5 cos we kena relocated from Bukit Gombak kampung... thanks to MINDEF lah...

    Before bus no 180, 182 started at block 18 (the old terminal), buses used to wait along the block 1 road and we had to change bus at mandai to get to Orchard.. so historically the bus interchange had moved 3 times to the current regional interchange.

    There were kampongs behind the Woodlands mosque and behind the old Si Ling Sec near the Shell Petroleum Storage on the hill facing the old jetty. (has it moved?)

    Tell u more if we meet up for kopi sessions!

    Cheers!!!
    It is easier to critique than to create ; www.razin-photography.com
    My studio is available for rent

  4. #264

    Default Re: Woodlanders Woodlanders!!

    Quote Originally Posted by razor View Post
    Hello Woodlands People!

    Razor here at Woodlands Ring Road.

    I'm back living in Woodlands after 12 years living in the east side!!!! Woah feels like home-coming!! hahaha!!

    Share with you some old history...

    First moved to Woodlands in 1973. There were only 5 blocks back then in Marsiling. Block 1 to 5 cos we kena relocated from Bukit Gombak kampung... thanks to MINDEF lah...

    Before bus no 180, 182 started at block 18 (the old terminal), buses used to wait along the block 1 road and we had to change bus at mandai to get to Orchard.. so historically the bus interchange had moved 3 times to the current regional interchange.

    There were kampongs behind the Woodlands mosque and behind the old Si Ling Sec near the Shell Petroleum Storage on the hill facing the old jetty. (has it moved?)

    Tell u more if we meet up for kopi sessions!

    Cheers!!!

    whoa..tts very interesting,I'd love to hear more bout woodland history.
    i used to live at blk 212 eversince i was born(1984) til the age of 10 afterwhich my whole family moved to our current area near CP. I remembered my father and my great-grandma telling me stories bout kampungs near the Shell storage. But I could only remember the horror stories more than anything else hahaha..I love my old block..we stayed at the 12th floor and everytime my parents wanna go JB, tt will be my bro n i duty to climb the small little window at the bedroom to see if the causeway jam or not. I also remembered when my father used to piggy back me to catch crabs at night near the jetty small bridge there..and the carpark behind my old block is where my uncle used to bring my bro n i to race his tamiya cars and RC cars.
    wahh!!! i can go on and on...so many fond memories!!!
    "Love As Thou Wilt":heart:

  5. #265

    Default Re: Woodlanders Woodlanders!!

    Quote Originally Posted by giantcanopy View Post


    How about this view ?
    Any northerners know where it is taken from ?
    i'm quite sure it was taken at the overhead bridge near Marsling MRT, along Wlds Ave 3, facing Tech Semi-con that direction. Cos there's a taxi stand after the filter-lane, and it looks like the double-yellow line is for the taxi-stand one.

    anyway i'm also in woodlands: Edvan, 32, S5pro, wlds ave 3

    had been staying here for 20years liao. oh yes. i can still remember back in e early days when i used fly kite with my brother,
    on the small little hill beside the stadium (where e current MRT or some white color office is)
    where CWP is not located, it is just a swamp. the whole woodlands area is only as far as where the Shall station near Rep
    Poly is. the blocks opp Wlds Civic Centre, they were hilly and have small vege plantation kampong.
    Last edited by dragco; 7th April 2008 at 10:18 PM.

  6. #266
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Woodlands, Singapore
    Posts
    37

    Default Re: Woodlanders Woodlanders!!

    Quote Originally Posted by kushiel View Post
    I know!! near american school! the woodland polyclinic area there..wahahha.! gt prize gt prize???? hhehehe kiddding lah..at least gd to keep the thread alive with all the guessing game..muahha
    Hehe, correct! Another point for kushiel! Prize is one drink if we ever meet up for kopi session! Although I don't drink coffee. :P

  7. #267
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Woodlands, Singapore
    Posts
    37

    Default Re: Woodlanders Woodlanders!!

    Quote Originally Posted by dragco View Post
    i'm quite sure it was taken at the overhead bridge near Marsling MRT, along Wlds Ave 3, facing Tech Semi-con that direction. Cos there's a taxi stand after the filter-lane, and it looks like the double-yellow line is for the taxi-stand one.
    Eh yah hor... Now that you mentioned it, it could be that area. I pass by almost everyday, how can I not notice... o.O

  8. #268
    Senior Member giantcanopy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    SG
    Posts
    6,232

    Default Re: Woodlanders Woodlanders!!



    Correct!
    It is the overhead bridge at the Marsiling MRT!
    Taken on one of the evenings la

    Haha

    Ryan

  9. #269

    Default Re: Woodlanders Woodlanders!!

    Quote Originally Posted by zuldevil View Post
    Hehe, correct! Another point for kushiel! Prize is one drink if we ever meet up for kopi session! Although I don't drink coffee. :P
    wahahha!! thank you thank you..aiyah..nvm lah..all in the name of fun..
    "Love As Thou Wilt":heart:

  10. #270
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Woody Land
    Posts
    1,743

    Default Re: Woodlanders Woodlanders!!

    Quote Originally Posted by kushiel View Post
    whoa..tts very interesting,I'd love to hear more bout woodland history.
    i used to live at blk 212 eversince i was born(1984) til the age of 10 afterwhich my whole family moved to our current area near CP. I remembered my father and my great-grandma telling me stories bout kampungs near the Shell storage. But I could only remember the horror stories more than anything else hahaha..I love my old block..we stayed at the 12th floor and everytime my parents wanna go JB, tt will be my bro n i duty to climb the small little window at the bedroom to see if the causeway jam or not. I also remembered when my father used to piggy back me to catch crabs at night near the jetty small bridge there..and the carpark behind my old block is where my uncle used to bring my bro n i to race his tamiya cars and RC cars.
    wahh!!! i can go on and on...so many fond memories!!!
    interesting indeed!!!

    I used to go t another kampong called Lorong Fatimah wher the current checkpoint is built. There were houses on stilts over the waters and there was this 'Jong" festival where the residents will compete with their miniature wind sail boats.

    It is easier to critique than to create ; www.razin-photography.com
    My studio is available for rent

  11. #271

    Default Re: Woodlanders Woodlanders!!

    Quote Originally Posted by giantcanopy View Post


    Correct!
    It is the overhead bridge at the Marsiling MRT!
    Taken on one of the evenings la

    Haha

    Ryan
    so do i get a beer?

  12. #272
    Senior Member giantcanopy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    SG
    Posts
    6,232

    Default Re: Woodlanders Woodlanders!!

    Quote Originally Posted by dragco View Post
    so do i get a beer?
    Organise an outing la. Maybe at Botak Jones and we can have beer and food!

    Ryan

  13. #273

    Default Re: Woodlanders Woodlanders!!

    Quote Originally Posted by giantcanopy View Post
    Sounds great! If i cannot finish the rest of the zoo shots on monday ( which i highly doubt so ) will look certainly look forward to your trip!

    12th sounds good for a start

    Ryan
    ok, can't get the pass on 12th and 19th weekend...only possible on 26th April, provided nobody had book it tomoro morning before I reach office So probably I confirm going on 26th, whoever interested just let me know and I can 'facilitate' entrance

  14. #274
    Member Buggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Woodlands
    Posts
    1,139

    Default Re: Woodlanders Woodlanders!!

    hi people! i'm looking at a kopi session on coming sunday's evening (13th apr) around 8pm. let me know if you can make it.
    details will be disclosed later, do copy and add your name to the list if you can attend.

    Purpose: Kopi Session - Photosharing/Clinic, Chit Chat, etc...
    Location: To Be Confirmed, suggestions welcomed though.
    Date/Time: Sunday, 13 Apr 2008, 8pm/8.30pm onwards

    List of Attendees:
    1) Buggy

  15. #275

    Default Re: Woodlanders Woodlanders!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Buggy View Post
    hi people! i'm looking at a kopi session on coming sunday's evening (13th apr) around 8pm. let me know if you can make it.
    details will be disclosed later, do copy and add your name to the list if you can attend.

    Purpose: Kopi Session - Photosharing/Clinic, Chit Chat, etc...
    Location: To Be Confirmed, suggestions welcomed though.
    Date/Time: Sunday, 13 Apr 2008, 8pm/8.30pm onwards

    List of Attendees:
    1) Buggy
    This Sunday I can't leh. Doing a shoot. Next Sunday would be better. Have fun guys!
    Trust me, I'm not so bad! | TangShooters

  16. #276
    Member Buggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Woodlands
    Posts
    1,139

    Default Re: Woodlanders Woodlanders!!

    Quote Originally Posted by SolBadGuy View Post
    This Sunday I can't leh. Doing a shoot. Next Sunday would be better. Have fun guys!
    i think by next week my schedule should return to normal, we'll hold one again then. sry man bro. good luck with your shoot

  17. #277

    Default Re: Woodlanders Woodlanders!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Buggy View Post
    i think by next week my schedule should return to normal, we'll hold one again then. sry man bro. good luck with your shoot
    thanks! cya soon too!
    Trust me, I'm not so bad! | TangShooters

  18. #278
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Woody Land
    Posts
    1,743

    Default Re: Woodlanders Woodlanders!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Buggy View Post
    hi people! i'm looking at a kopi session on coming sunday's evening (13th apr) around 8pm. let me know if you can make it.
    details will be disclosed later, do copy and add your name to the list if you can attend.

    Purpose: Kopi Session - Photosharing/Clinic, Chit Chat, etc...
    Location: To Be Confirmed, suggestions welcomed though.
    Date/Time: Sunday, 13 Apr 2008, 8pm/8.30pm onwards
    List of Attendees:
    1. Buggy
    2. Razor
    3.
    4.
    5.
    6.
    7.
    8.
    9.
    10.
    It is easier to critique than to create ; www.razin-photography.com
    My studio is available for rent

  19. #279
    Senior Member giantcanopy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    SG
    Posts
    6,232

    Default Re: Woodlanders Woodlanders!!

    Quote Originally Posted by razor View Post
    List of Attendees:
    1. Buggy
    2. Razor
    3.
    4.
    5.
    6.
    7.
    8.
    9.
    10.
    1. Buggy
    2. Razor
    3. Giantcanopy
    4.
    5.
    6.
    7.
    8.
    9.

    How about Botak Jones at Marsiling for dinner.
    Order a huge plate of fries no one can finish

    Ryan

  20. #280
    Member Buggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Woodlands
    Posts
    1,139

    Default Re: Woodlanders Woodlanders!!

    works. anyone having objections with botak jones?

Page 14 of 40 FirstFirst ... 491213141516192439 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •