Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to protect your photos?

Deregistered

Default Re: How to protect your photos?

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    on another note, i would like to raise a point that has been raised before, but has disgusted me - some other forums in singapore (e.g. hwz) like leeching photos from p&p here, not to make money, but to discuss the model's attributes, to discuss their lust for her, etc. i saw quite a number of shots being posted in a thread titled "hot girls for you to pcc" or something to that extent. what do the people here think of that?
    You make the point, if the photographer has no point to be protected for anything as most of his work has no value most of the time (anyway, a photographer is a thief, 99% of the time, what is on his photos is stolen and do not belong to him, I've no pity for him. IMHO copyright should not even exist for photography as this is a copy process and not a creation process), what is ON the photo needs some protection. In fact, copyright should belong to the people with visible face on a photo before than the photographer himself.

I shoot less and less visible face on the street because when you see a photo used in an improper way, it's not the photographer (the coward guy behind the lens) you see, it's the people on the photograph, her own image stolen and exposed to the world. Young model who accept that often forget that their face will travel on the Internet for years and nobody will remind the photographer. They forget their face will be used in the absolute disgusting way you describe.

For watermarks users, I look forward that everywhere in the world it becomes like you do. Watermarks here and there, on any building, forbidden to make a photo here because the owner of this building does not allow it, not here as well because there is a kid walking, not there if you don't pay 20$ because there is my car parked here and I own its copyright ... watermarks users are building their own hell, a world where everything is wartermarked because people get bored to be stolen by photographers and not even have the right to use the result.

I'll not write more on the subject, I got a warning from Clubsnap and I'm so scared. Who knows what people can do when you don't agree with them, go to Police and complain because I express some point of view different from them ? maybe. What a strange world those people are making, everybody thinks the same, nobody express a different point of view because he can get a "warning" from "moderators" who think they can make their law. At least, I've laughed as well, in France we say : "Ridiculous does not kill", be confident Clubsnap, you see, your life is not in danger

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by stougard View Post
    Against what do you want to protect your photo ? Are you scared that a Miss Ying, 16 years old, use your piece of art to put on her blog ? let's be serious, there is no matter that kiddies use your photo to illustrate their blogs, there is no chance neither they do it as you're not famous, your photos have nothing more than the 10,000,000,000 other ones we can find from Internet for free and anyway, everybody has a digital camera today and don't need to steel anybody to have some good photographs.

Are you scared that some may use your photos to make money ? let's be serious, even if you're good enough for that, nobody will take a so stupid risk. The law is the law, even if you put your photographs free of download, high def on your web site (as I do), that does not mean people can use them as they want. You're the owner of your work, if you just notice anybody use your work without your consent, whatever the way they got it, you are sure to win if you sue them.

I still remember the time, 15 years ago, when Internet was not wasted by this kind of consideration, it was a good time where money and copyright had not reached yet this piece of freedom. Where people write documentation, put their photo for free download and everybody considered that knowledge were done to be shared for FREE. Your question and this kind of consideration is a pain in the ass, what ever protection you use, it'll be useless, it'll bug people who may come to see your work (I never watch photo with watermark, I think it's stupid, ugly and VERY arrogant).

An infraction was given here to the poster for the remarks which is akin to calling the TS stupid etc. Differing views are acceptable however, calling other members ideas stupid and mocking members go against the gain of the CS Term of Use http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showp...04&postcount=1 esp Term #1.

However, it seems that not only the poster had sent a PM to the mod for being pathetic in issuing that infraction, but openly mocking the CS Term of Use and moderators.

Since the poster mock the mod for doing the moderation job, and more importantly do not subscribe and accept to the Term of Use here, we will have to de-register the poster.

Quote Originally Posted by stougard View Post
    You make the point, if the photographer has no point to be protected for anything as most of his work has no value most of the time (anyway, a photographer is a thief, 99% of the time, what is on his photos is stolen and do not belong to him, I've no pity for him. IMHO copyright should not even exist for photography as this is a copy process and not a creation process), what is ON the photo needs some protection. In fact, copyright should belong to the people with visible face on a photo before than the photographer himself.

I shoot less and less visible face on the street because when you see a photo used in an improper way, it's not the photographer (the coward guy behind the lens) you see, it's the people on the photograph, her own image stolen and exposed to the world. Young model who accept that often forget that their face will travel on the Internet for years and nobody will remind the photographer. They forget their face will be used in the absolute disgusting way you describe.

For watermarks users, I look forward that everywhere in the world it becomes like you do. Watermarks here and there, on any building, forbidden to make a photo here because the owner of this building does not allow it, not here as well because there is a kid walking, not there if you don't pay 20$ because there is my car parked here and I own its copyright ... watermarks users are building their own hell, a world where everything is wartermarked because people get bored to be stolen by photographers and not even have the right to use the result.

I'll not write more on the subject, I got a warning from Clubsnap and I'm so scared. Who knows what people can do when you don't agree with them, go to Police and complain because I express some point of view different from them ? maybe. What a strange world those people are making, everybody thinks the same, nobody express a different point of view because he can get a "warning" from "moderators" who think they can make their law. At least, I've laughed as well, in France we say : "Ridiculous does not kill", be confident Clubsnap, you see, your life is not in danger
    Last edited by chngpe01; 9th March 2008 at 12:22 PM.

Please correct me if I am wrong in making this observation....

From what I know, is it true that copyright laws are only valid in one country and not another one? or there is such a thing as international copyright law.

From the United States Copyright Office:

"There is no such thing as an “international copyright” that will automatically protect an author’s writings throughout the entire world. Protection against unauthorized use in a particular country depends, basically, on the national laws of that country. However, most countries do offer protection to foreign works under certain conditions, and these conditions have been greatly simplified by international copyright treaties and conventions."

i do photoshop, i suggest you watermark it in the middle.
    simply change the opacity.

if the image is long, make is like .. sliding fonts?
    i can put those in words, sorry.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12