Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Karate Tournament

i was there, not to shoot but to enjoy the action. i was standing near the gurkhas supporter side and saw many of u with cameras at the opp corner. cold sweat from me whenever the fighters got too close to ur side and nearly fall on the photographers n their cam.

last of all, thank u tweakmax for the kind invitation.

Originally posted by yellow_kiwi
    i was there, not to shoot but to enjoy the action. i was standing near the gurkhas supporter side and saw many of u with cameras at the opp corner. cold sweat from me whenever the fighters got too close to ur side and nearly fall on the photographers n their cam.

last of all, thank u tweakmax for the kind invitation.
    Oh i see...

The fights are very tough. Direct blows to each other. There are officials to push the fighters away among the cameras when they got simply too close. Should have taken that shot of the official pushing the fighters....

Default Re: who went to the karate comp??

Originally posted by green_leaf
    I just want to know who went to the karate competition in Cheng San CC. Identify yourself by stating what you brought there ( example, the one with the crumpler bag, etc....) By the way, im the one with he nikon coolpix885. I took short video clips there instead of pictures because my camera too slow. Bythe time the digital camera's shutter react, the action is gone liao.
    me, the one with s2pro

Canon 10D/550D /Sigma 17-50mm/Sigma 30mm/Canon 50mm/Sigma 85mm

Hi guys, tournaments photos here:
    http://www.pbase.com/laoda/sg_selection

Ruthie: as promised, BLOOOD.......!!!

Default Re: who went to the karate comp??

I just want to know who went to the karate competition in Cheng San CC. Identify yourself by stating what you brought there ( example, the one with the crumpler bag, etc....) By the way, im the one with he nikon coolpix885. I took short video clips there instead of pictures because my camera too slow. Bythe time the digital camera's shutter react, the action is gone liao.
    I was the one with crumpler.

Anyway the lighting conditions were really bad, was using Fujifilm Press 800 pushed to ISO 1600 and even that was barely enough for a decent shutter speed even with f1.8. I only shot 1 roll of film as I didn't want to expend too much film shooting in adverse conditions.

Will send the film in for developing tomorrow and see the results.

Default Re: Re: who went to the karate comp??

Originally posted by Zerstorer
    I was the one with crumpler.

Anyway the lighting conditions were really bad, was using Fujifilm Press 800 pushed to ISO 1600 and even that was barely enough for a decent shutter speed even with f1.8. I only shot 1 roll of film as I didn't want to expend too much film shooting in adverse conditions.

Will send the film in for developing tomorrow and see the results.
    Hi there!

I agreed...the lighting was real bad...went back home have to use PS on few hundreds photos...

Last edited by tweakmax; 30th June 2003 at 02:52 AM.

Im the one with the Coolpix 995.

Totally agree that the lightning condition there is far from satifactory. Took most of the pic at ISO 800. All turned out to be too grainy and noisy. Only a few turned out well.

Originally posted by ray_stinger
    Im the one with the Coolpix 995.

Totally agree that the lightning condition there is far from satifactory. Took most of the pic at ISO 800. All turned out to be too grainy and noisy. Only a few turned out well.
    Took with ISO1600 and F 1.8, some pics turn out to be too dark as well, have to use PS.

Should have gotten a 50mm F 1.4

tweakmax, thanks for extending the invitation to the rest of us to shoot, shot some frames with delta 3200 and yet to process them...will keep u guys posted!

Originally posted by GitS
    tweakmax, thanks for extending the invitation to the rest of us to shoot, shot some frames with delta 3200 and yet to process them...will keep u guys posted!
    Delta 3200! yahoo!

Originally posted by GitS
    Were you the one with the Sigma 70-200 + F90X combo?

Delta 3200...its actually a ISO800 film right?

Originally posted by Zerstorer
    Were you the one with the Sigma 70-200 + F90X combo?

Delta 3200...its actually a ISO800 film right?
    no lah, me wif the eos 3 and the white thingy....i was next to agpe01 with the 10D and 24-70.

delta 3200 can be exposed at iso 800 to 6400(12800 if you dare), depending on your processing....

dagger, didn't see u there leh!

Hi guys,

Hope u all can post some pics of your own from the tournament, especially the breaking demonstration part

Default karate competition

Originally posted by tweakmax
    Hi guys,

Hope u all can post some pics of your own from the tournament, especially the breaking demonstration part

i wanted to post but i dunno how to post....

Originally posted by RuthBaby
    i want to see blood
    I wanna see CATFIGHT

Default Re: karate competition

i wanted to post but i dunno how to post....
    Can post at www.pbase.com

Hi guys,

Have edited the video footage of the tournament into 2 VCDs (abt 2hrs) selling for $15/- cheap cheap

Interested please email me @ tweakmax@yahoo.com.sg

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast