Page 30 of 51 FirstFirst ... 5202528293031323540 ... LastLast

Thread: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB! season XVIII - HAIZ!!! RAFA!!! Y U SO LIKE THAT?!?!

Default Re: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB! season XVIII - HAIZ!!! RAFA!!! Y U SO LIKE THAT?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by jfoo View Post
    i agree big ears is bigger in its own way but EPL is still bread and butter for the club.
    i'd pick finishing top 4 + CL trophy anytime,though epl is bread n butter n i still think RB will get us the 19th league title...this year will be closer but next season he muz deliver...which i surely think so,anyway,i think we have more points at this stage now than the previous season,so i think we're heading to the right direction...

Default Re: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB! season XVIII - HAIZ!!! RAFA!!! Y U SO LIKE THAT?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by grumpy View Post
    i think our streak of draws and buangs started around the same time as rafa's gf and main rival got sacked!

lovesick and lack of motivation

maybe maureen should go oldcastle and help rekindle rafa's fire

basket, tat is true.

raf*** no love.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

Quote Originally Posted by roDz View Post
    i'd pick finishing top 4 + CL trophy anytime,though epl is bread n butter n i still think RB will get us the 19th league title...this year will be closer but next season he muz deliver...which i surely think so,anyway,i think we have more points at this stage now than the previous season,so i think we're heading to the right direction...
    i think he oni has time till end of season.

hard to imagine having him around next season.

Let's get ready to GUESS GUESS GUESS!

Correct Score Prediction = 3points!

Correct 1st Scorer for LFC = 1point!

Correct Last Scorer for LFC = 1point!

Hat-Trick Hero Perfect Guess Guess Guess! = 5points!

so in any game, the max point a participant can net is a total of 10points.

Sorting Out the Grey Areas.

1). in the event of 1-0 end result, the 1st scorer will be taken as the last scorer even though the participant might haf anticipated 2-0 or 22-0 and haf listed someone else as the last scorer.

2). the prediction is good till the Final Whistle, which includes Extra-time but not Penalty Shootout.

Current standings:

1) Cheesecake 20 points
    2) roadrunner 15 points
    3) kelccm 14 points
    4) jfoo 14 points
    5) blazer_works 11 points
    6) dfstan 10 points
    7) zhapchit 10 points
    8) airfins 10 points
    9) grumpy 9 points
    10) canew 6 points
    11) roDz 5 points
    12) xen0275 4 points
    13). estronutz 3 points
    14). nemesis32 2 points
    15). mpenza 1 point
    16). dnd 1 point

Liverpool v Luton (Tue)

Anfield
    Tuesday 15 January
    Third round replay
    Kick-off: 2000 GMT

1). Liverpool win! 5-0 (Torres, Babel) cheesecake
    2). Liverpool win 3-1 (Torres,Gerrard,Kuyt) roDz
    3). Liverpool win 4-2 (Torres, Torres, Carager, Voronin) blazer_workz
    4). liverpool win 4-0 (gerrard, torres, babel) dfstan
    5). Liverpool win 3-0 (Gerrard, Torres) jfoo
    6). Liverpool win! 7-0 (Torres, Babel) Toress Hat Trick, airfins
    Last edited by airfins; 15th January 2008 at 09:38 AM.
    Canon 30D, G11, 50 f1.8II, 10-22 f3.5-4.5, 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f2.8L IS, EX580II

OK let me bet with my heart instead of head one last time Hopefully don't Tio Jia again as I am also in a slump liao, lingering in the mid table and the leaders are so far away now
    Canon 30D, G11, 50 f1.8II, 10-22 f3.5-4.5, 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f2.8L IS, EX580II

hot news from tribalfootball.com just for cheesecake:

Kuyt: Liverpool must lift scoring pressure off Torres

The Dutchman is without a goal in the league since the 3-0 win over Newcastle on November 24th. "I'm struggling a bit at the moment," he admitted. "But I feel confident and I feel things are coming back.

"It's just a matter of time, I hope. I've got a good feeling that we can do great things for the rest of the season. We have the quality and we have to show it but at Middlesbrough we didn't do it once again. It's definitely two points lost," he remarked of Saturday's draw.
    link

Quote Originally Posted by burger View Post

link
    Hahaha you want to make him vomit more blood ahh this is a confirm one way ticket to the "Extreme Happiness World" (In chinese ya) Can't score still want to talk C0CK

Let's get ready to GUESS GUESS GUESS!

Correct Score Prediction = 3points!

Correct 1st Scorer for LFC = 1point!

Correct Last Scorer for LFC = 1point!

Hat-Trick Hero Perfect Guess Guess Guess! = 5points!

so in any game, the max point a participant can net is a total of 10points.

Sorting Out the Grey Areas.

1). in the event of 1-0 end result, the 1st scorer will be taken as the last scorer even though the participant might haf anticipated 2-0 or 22-0 and haf listed someone else as the last scorer.

2). the prediction is good till the Final Whistle, which includes Extra-time but not Penalty Shootout.

Current standings:

1) Cheesecake 20 points
    2) roadrunner 15 points
    3) kelccm 14 points
    4) jfoo 14 points
    5) blazer_works 11 points
    6) dfstan 10 points
    7) zhapchit 10 points
    8) airfins 10 points
    9) grumpy 9 points
    10) canew 6 points
    11) roDz 5 points
    12) xen0275 4 points
    13). estronutz 3 points
    14). nemesis32 2 points
    15). mpenza 1 point
    16). dnd 1 point

Liverpool v Luton (Tue)

Anfield
    Tuesday 15 January
    Third round replay
    Kick-off: 2000 GMT

1). Liverpool win! 5-0 (Torres, Babel) cheesecake
    2). Liverpool win 3-1 (Torres,Gerrard,Kuyt) roDz
    3). Liverpool win 4-2 (Torres, Torres, Carager, Voronin) blazer_workz
    4). liverpool win 4-0 (gerrard, torres, babel) dfstan
    5). Liverpool win 3-0 (Gerrard, Torres) jfoo
    6). Liverpool win! 7-0 (Torres, Babel) airfins
    7). Liverpool win 6-0 (Torres, Crouch) zhapchit

Quote Originally Posted by burger View Post

link
    wa, shameless. he really think so ah!

however, we all dun share the same sentiment! HAHAHAHA

AGGER SEASON OVER?

Daniel Agger has suffered an injury setback that raises doubts over whether he will play again this season.

The Dane has suffered a recurrence of the metatarsal injury which has kept him out since September.

Boss Rafa Benitez said on the club's official website: "We've had some bad news in that Agger has the same problem again. He was training and ready to play but yesterday in training he felt something, so we need to go back and start from the beginning.

"It's not easy to say when he will be back. He is going to see different surgeons and then we will be able to analyse the situation."

Benitez has already ruled him out for the next few weeks, meaning that new signing Martin Skrtel may have to be thrust into the action early.

Carragher not sorry about Luton fans row

Liverpool defender Jamie Carragher has defended his actions after confronting Luton supporters after last week's FA Cup draw at Kenilworth Road.

Carragher climbed a fence to argue with fans who he claimed swore and threw beer at him as he left the field.

No action was taken against the 30-year-old after neither the Football Association nor the police received any complaints.

Carragher told BBC Radio Five Live: 'A few words were said and someone threw a glass of beer over me, so it wasn't the end of the world but you react in that split second.

'No-one spat at me - I want to put that straight. I don't want whoever did it getting more criticism than necessary.

'I just reacted. People from Liverpool have got something about them and if they're not happy about something they let people know.'

Liverpool have endured a difficult spell - on and off the field - in recent weeks and are now all but out of the Premier League title race after falling 12 points behind leaders Manchester United and Arsenal.

That would make it 18 years without a league title and Carragher concedes the team have not coped well enough with the demanding programme despite proving their ability in cup competitions.

He added: 'A few of us have been here a long time and we have picked up virtually everything else now.

'The competition at the moment - Arsenal, Man United, Chelsea and other clubs coming through, Aston Villa, Everton, Tottenham - to win any competition is tough.

'So I am delighted to have achieved what I have achieved but we do realise the Premier League is something we haven't won for a long time and we would love to do it.

'But I am sure those other clubs would maybe love to win the Champions League, so we've got to be thankful we've got that as well.

'We have got that tag that we are a cup team. The mentality of it - 38 games is a long haul it probably does take a lot out of you and that's something the other teams have done a lot better than us.'

Reds' owner Hicks admits meeting with Klinsmann

Liverpool co-owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett sounded out Jurgen Klinsmann about becoming the club's next manager, according to a report.

Hicks claims the talks would not have resulted in the immediate dismissal of the man who led the team to Champions League glory but that Klinsmann was 'an insurance policy'.

Klinsmann is no longer an option, however, as he has agreed to take charge of Bayern Munich.

He told the Liverpool Echo: 'After George and I had our long and productive meeting with Rafa following the Manchester United match, we put all of our issues behind us and received Rafa's commitment that he wanted to stay with Liverpool.

'We never reached agreement on an option with Jurgen, and we are both pleased for him that he has a great opportunity to return to Germany and coach a great club team.

'Rafa has both of our support, and our communication has greatly improved.

'We attempted to negotiate an option as an insurance policy to have him [Klinsmann] become manager if Rafael left for Real Madrid or other clubs that were rumoured in the press - or in case our communication spiralled out of control for some reason.'

The article also claims that had Liverpool tumbled out of the Champions League, the owners would have tried to replace Benitez.

However, Benitez steered the team through with a crucial victory against Marseille in France.

Klinsmann's name has been linked with Liverpool since November.

It is believed to be the root cause of Benitez's testy media conference then when he had been told to concentrate on running his team by the owners.

Despite the backing of the owners, winning the FA Cup may be the minimum requirement for Benitez to stay in his job come the summer.

Liverpool face Coca-Cola League One Luton in a replay at Anfield tomorrow - and Benitez knows defeat is not an option.

Yet another depressing draw at Middlesbrough on Saturday - they have won just three of their last 10 - has seen the Spaniard come in for more criticism.

He said: 'From our point of view, we want to win the FA Cup again. It is a fantastic competition, and we will put out our strongest team and hope to progress to the next round.

'We still want to win the title, but also we want to win the FA Cup as well.

'I know it will be a different Luton side. They have lost players now, so we know it will be more difficult for them - but they will still try their hardest to win.'

Benitez could well give a debut to new centre-back Martin Skrtel, but he is unlikely to take the slightest risk with the rest of his team.

The prospect of Swansea or Havant and Waterlooville at home in the next round presents a golden opportunity to reach the fifth round without any further scares.

He said: 'I am positive about our chances against Luton. We will be at Anfield, and I know we are in a much better position than some other Premier League clubs who have already been knocked out!

'They have problems, I understand. But we are still talking about the FA Cup, and it can be a very difficult competition for any big club against any sort of lower-division opposition.'

Blackwell fears player pull-out

Luton boss Kevin Blackwell says that some of his players could refuse to face Liverpool in Tuesday's FA Cup third-round replay at Anfield.

Blackwell, who handed in his notice last Friday, says players fear putting transfers from the financially-stricken club at risk.

Blackwell said: "I don't even know who I will have available to play.

"There are players talking to other clubs, and an injury could cost them a move to a club where they'll get paid."

Blackwell handed in his notice at the Coca-Cola League One club after its administrators agreed to sell captain Chris Coyne to Colchester and midfielder Dave Edwards to Wolves without his knowledge.

The former Leeds manager and coaches Sam Ellis and John Carver will leave after Luton's home game against Bournemouth on 9 February.

"I could be sat in the dressing room at Anfield an hour before kick-off and a player might decide that they don't want to run that risk and pull out," added Blackwell.

"I would be bitterly disappointed if that happened but you can understand it."

Blackwell saw his side beaten 3-1 at home to Swansea on Saturday - their first defeat in six games - and believes the loss of Coyne and Edwards has sapped morale at the club.

He said: "The psychological effects of selling those two players at that time cannot be underestimated by people.

"While we were all in the same boat, not getting paid but playing well and getting good results, the lads were still enjoying themselves.

"But once the group starts to break up it is difficult. The players are well aware that they will lose 15% of their salaries if we get relegated to League Two and that cannot be helped if we sell all our best players."

To exacerbate Blackwell's selection problems goalkeeper Dean Brill is a doubt with a thigh strain and has no deputy at the club while newly-appointed captain Chris Perry is also a doubt with the same injury.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    Blackwell fears player pull-out

Luton boss Kevin Blackwell says that some of his players could refuse to face Liverpool in Tuesday's FA Cup third-round replay at Anfield.

Blackwell, who handed in his notice last Friday, says players fear putting transfers from the financially-stricken club at risk.

Blackwell said: "I don't even know who I will have available to play.

"There are players talking to other clubs, and an injury could cost them a move to a club where they'll get paid."

Blackwell handed in his notice at the Coca-Cola League One club after its administrators agreed to sell captain Chris Coyne to Colchester and midfielder Dave Edwards to Wolves without his knowledge.

The former Leeds manager and coaches Sam Ellis and John Carver will leave after Luton's home game against Bournemouth on 9 February.

"I could be sat in the dressing room at Anfield an hour before kick-off and a player might decide that they don't want to run that risk and pull out," added Blackwell.

"I would be bitterly disappointed if that happened but you can understand it."

Blackwell saw his side beaten 3-1 at home to Swansea on Saturday - their first defeat in six games - and believes the loss of Coyne and Edwards has sapped morale at the club.

He said: "The psychological effects of selling those two players at that time cannot be underestimated by people.

"While we were all in the same boat, not getting paid but playing well and getting good results, the lads were still enjoying themselves.

"But once the group starts to break up it is difficult. The players are well aware that they will lose 15% of their salaries if we get relegated to League Two and that cannot be helped if we sell all our best players."

To exacerbate Blackwell's selection problems goalkeeper Dean Brill is a doubt with a thigh strain and has no deputy at the club while newly-appointed captain Chris Perry is also a doubt with the same injury.
    tis kevin blackwell sure knows how to use psychology to his full advantage!

after he said all these, the players confirm 100% chiong to show their new prospective employers that they are not cowards n such.

tamade, we need to burn Luton.

Quote Originally Posted by airfins View Post
    Hahaha you want to make him vomit more blood ahh this is a confirm one way ticket to the "Extreme Happiness World" (In chinese ya) Can't score still want to talk C0CK
    can't score is one thing.

this fella can't even play basic football.

he is really rubbish.

still remember against middle, he jus came in as a sub, the first touch is a chest down(or control with leg) then the second touch is a straight pass back to the opposition despite being open n not under immense pressure.

song boh?

i think i'm being extremely kind towards dirty kite.

other forums slammed him like there's no tomolo.

tis kevin blackwell sure knows how to use psychology to his full advantage!

after he said all these, the players confirm 100% chiong to show their new prospective employers that they are not cowards n such.

tamade, we need to burn Luton.

just hope they dun have enough players, we just walkover
    but it would be a shame to mark Carra's 500th game for LFC

still remember against middle, he jus came in as a sub, the first touch is a chest down(or control with leg) then the second touch is a straight pass back to the opposition despite being open n not under immense pressure.

Not just against middle, it happens in so many games

Quote Originally Posted by grumpy View Post
    Not just against middle, it happens in so many games
    i'll really enjoy tonight's game.

later go pack some chips n coke in the fridge. get ready to spill n vomit blood watching dirty kite play.

Reds' owner Hicks admits meeting with Klinsmann

Liverpool co-owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett sounded out Jurgen Klinsmann about becoming the club's next manager, according to a report.

Hicks claims the talks would not have resulted in the immediate dismissal of the man who led the team to Champions League glory but that Klinsmann was 'an insurance policy'.

Seriously now I'm starting to hate this 2 americans, especially the Hicks guy