Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: It's Lens, People! Not LEN!

Default Re: It's Lens, People! Not LEN!

Quote Originally Posted by TMC View Post
    yawnz.....you need to come up with something new. I already got 1 person who does that all the time.
    Is he green with pointy-tipped ears?

Quote Originally Posted by calebk View Post
    you see i tell you of bad standard here of english in CS. I really am not understand why.

Okay jokes aside. I am not intending to insult or put down these people.

In a forum, I believe it is the aim of most people, especially senior members and such, to try and help newer photographers out. These photographers may have doubts, questions, queries and problems on hand, but it is really very hard to help when the person facing the difficulty doesn't have the decency to pose the question comprehensibly.
    this forum is for relaxing. If you want something with serious english, you can try the literature forums.

Just for the sake of discourse bro... It would seem that you are equating photographers with people who possess a good command of the english language. Why?

Quote Originally Posted by TMC View Post
    this forum is for relaxing. If you want something with serious english, you can try the literature forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yatlapball View Post
    Just for the sake of discourse bro... It would seem that you are equating photographers with people who possess a good command of the english language. Why?
    Not that I demand perfect spelling, perfect phrasing with no grammatical errors, but it's just sometimes when people ask questions that are unclear, or give descriptions that are impossible to understand, there is really no way to offer assistance.

I am perfectly okay with shortforms, like if u ask y ur D80 has a CHA on the lcd screen on top

but

it is very difficult to help when i wan to ask you why my len is not focus i mount on my D80 yesterday and i cannot shoot not focus can you tell me why?

Just so you know, that's what rocks my boat. heh.

All I can say is... live with it bro... The problem of poor language (be it in ClubSnap, or any other free medium of speech) is not going to go away. Unless we have a full-time dept doing proof-reading and editing of posts!

10 years of compulsory education in Singapore with english as the medium of instruction doesn't seem to really improve the situation very much either. maybe we'd see some real results in 50 years time...
    Last edited by Yatlapball; 8th January 2008 at 12:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yatlapball View Post
    All I can say is... live with it bro... The problem of poor language (be it in ClubSnap, or any other free medium of speech) is not going to go away. Unless we have a full-time dept doing proof-reading and editing of posts!

10 years of compulsory education in Singapore with english as the medium of instruction doesn't seem to really improve the situation very much either. maybe we'd see some real results in 50 years time...
    Yeap, it's just the way it is. Heh.

Just like how Goal 2010 looks set to be postponed

Oh and to add on that... I think there are a significant enough amount of CSers for whom english is not their 1st language... could even be their 3rd or 4th..

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234