Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: i wish this never happen to me. guys tell me what to do.

Blog Entries

Default Re: i wish this never happen to me. guys tell me what to do.

Quote Originally Posted by forevery photo View Post
    yesh, if he had show apologise. this post will not even be here.

and he do not carry that "none of my business" attitude, this post will had been. " i meet someone in the forest, and he is very kind-hearted in teaching me about photograhy. should we should try our best .... good word will be written.

beside if he drop the camera, due to some other reason. like there is a bee flying around, or there is a danger. then that is "fine". he drop the camera, cos he claim that he "touch it and drop" do you think is fair.
    Wow, very magnanimous of you, only at this stage after 4 pages and 80 post that you mentioned it. Or was it to prove me wrong, only after I mentioned it, which I already expected this answer(post 80) to come from you.

Anyway whatever that are said by me or satay are speculative, similarly with your subsequent response which is retrospective to what was speculated.

Since I have achieved in putting my points across. There will be no more comments from me. (Unless they are personal attacks or flame) Good luck in whatever courses of action you chooses to take.

PS. BTW is it "this post" or "this thread" because there is a world of difference between a thread and a post.
    Last edited by chngpe01; 6th January 2008 at 09:28 AM.

there one time, and old couple, i mean i will not say old cos they are around my parent age. he was taking shot in the forest, a MA mirco lens. i can say it is a goog MA mirco lens, i forget what brand.

of cos my setup up was like kit lens and my body, walking around. after a normal greeting, is like " how is your shot?". we started chatting. part of his chat was how good pentax 10D camera is a "pro camera" and it is the top DG range, of cos i kept silence. kept comparing. till i got quite irritated. so i ask him, "so what is cannon Ds M111, nikon d3.... are you telling me that they are not pro body?'. and there is when he gone silence.

then i ask him. why choice pentax over other brand? he say is becase of the good lens he is having. i answer him, "yar, true, but that is not the way, if u think that lens is dam good, go for film and not DG cam, and when u want to change body, u will get irritated on what to keep and not."

is till i fix up my giant lens to take some fishs coming off the surface, then he gave me the "ok you win,u are more exp then me, listen to you" look. at least, the end i share know from the book to him, and thankful to me. and offer to sent me home. this time with no broken body and etc.
    ...you seem too puffed up for your own good, and i have no idea what the heck that part in red means..

neither does the part in green prove anything about your worth as a photographer. i only know that i take pride in my equipment, and i usually never let anyone else handle it unless they are clearly able to handle it, and even if they aren't i make sure i hang on to it tightly. it may be anal, but HEY, at least i know that i'm unable to deal with them getting it spoilt.

can you? would you? honestly.. no offense meant, but YOU, and YOU alone have yourself to blame. it is a chain of events.. where you overly trust other people's ability. the cause starts from you. appropriating costs or not, he may have been negligent in handling the camera.. but at the end of the day, without you asking him to handle it, NOTHING would have happened if you had cared enough about your equipment in the first place.

it seems to me, that this could all have been avoided. and why are you drumming on it for so long? if you want him to pay, ask him to pay. if he disagrees, and you disagree with it, do something about it. what do you achieve by harping on it for.. what, 4 pages plus? move on. there are better things to do in life than to quibble over what, $280. it may be a substantial sum, but i'm sure you can more than handle it if you're into photography in the first place.

in any case, this is an internet forums, we can say whatever we want. from what i see, you are highly insensitive.. in the post above you describe a situation (if it is indeed true at all) whereby you basically show disrespect for older people (around your parents' age, i see you realise that).. as well as users from another group - which yes, happens to be mine, too bad.

it also irks me that you are beating around the bush too much, it does seem very fishy to me, and i'm sure others would agree, since you keep hinting at this and that, revealing little itsy bitsy pieces of information like.. his age, the fact that he shoots butterflies..

coming from a newly registered user.. and seeing how this has all happened before, i won't be surprised if this was all some smoke and mirrors to throw a spanner into someone's works. but perhaps i think too much.

if you don't want to read all that, then i'll summarise it. MOVE ON. cheers.
    Last edited by night86mare; 6th January 2008 at 10:35 AM.

....is till i fix up my giant lens to take some fishs coming off the surface, then he gave me the "ok you win,u are more exp then me, listen to you" look. at least, the end i share know from the book to him, and thankful to me. and offer to sent me home. this time with no broken body and etc.
    Can you post that "some fishs coming off the surface" photo here?

I am intrigued and also want to learn "know from the book".

yesh, if he had show apologise. this post will not even be here.

and he do not carry that "none of my business" attitude, this post will had been. " i meet someone in the forest, and he is very kind-hearted in teaching me about photograhy. should we should try our best .... good word will be written.

beside if he drop the camera, due to some other reason. like there is a bee flying around, or there is a danger. then that is "fine". he drop the camera, cos he claim that he "touch it and drop" do you think is fair.

well...we have only heard your side of the story. we have no idea what transpired just prior to his "none of my business" attitude. did you say something to him to piss him off?

I don't think he owes you any money as he did not volunteer or asked to hold the camera. YOU DID.

Condolences to your camera.

There are lessons in life to be learnt, especially this kind. Well, the cost of repairing the camera is one thing. But using the repair cost to find out the TRUE COLOUR of the chap? The ROI is absolutely priceless and extremely valuable.

It doesn't take 20yrs to know someone thoroughly. It just takes an incident to do so.

i wish this never happen to me. guys tell me what to do.
    Before I attempt to make any comments perhaps you should be gentlemanly enough to let the Old senior citizen has a chance on his side of the story.

I happened to be from the Butt shooting community. Perhaps I could help in that, just PM me his name and if he is from ButterrflyCircle , I will let him know about the thread here.

I am certain everyone here would love to know what actually transpire between the both of you.

As a starter I have link this thread to ButterflyCircle to see anyone there help someone to handle a camera .

http://b-pals.com/forums/showthread....9222#post59222

Cheers!
    Last edited by Bluesteel; 6th January 2008 at 06:16 PM.

.....i request him to pass me my camera. short distance less then a meter, but very good view of the brids itself. i turn back my head and saw his movement in horror. first- he pick up the cam, about 2 cm from the bench. second i heard the brid fly off. third- he attempt to put back the camera without looking, and the camera drop to the wood ground.
    Since you are going to do more birdie photography, I suggest you tie your camera to a string and secure the end to your wrist. Next time someone drops it, at least it won't fall to the ground.

Time to get the truth out Mr AMC, using your intials so as not to embrarass you further. Here's a shot of the bird from the boardwalk trail at MNT.

This shot is uncrop with the 70-300mm. As you can see the view is blocked by leaves and branches. There are 2 witnesses to this so call callous act as you have put it. First the bird was spotted by a couple who are well known in MNT as they do regular walks along the boardwalk trail. They knew me as I frequent the trail. In fact you took a few shots of the bird with your 50-500 from the boardwalk. You even showed the gentleman your shots and he told me that it was clearer than mine which I explain to him that your lens has a longer reach. Secondly when you wanted to go down from the boardwalk, I did mentioned to you that the rustling of the dried leaves on the ground will scare the bird away. Thirdly the width of the bench is around 10 inches. When you put the camera on the bench which is around 2 feet away from the edge of the boardwalk and you climb down, was it your intention to look at the bird or to shoot it. If you want to shoot shouldn't you be putting the camera on the boardwalk itself so that you can get at it. The boardwalk is about 2 feet off the ground. At this time I moved away from the bench, and you beckon me to get the camera for you. As I said and stand by it with 2 witnesses there that I barely touched it before it fell off the bench on to the boardwalk. So you are now turning to this forum to make me look that callous and guilty. Let me remind you that I told you a friend of mine had several Nikons including a 70D and that I will and did call him to persuade him to sell the Nikon D70 which he is not using . Unfortunately he did not pick up the phone. As the sky darken I left MNT with you. When I was on the bus, I called you and told you my friend did not want to sell the camera. That is when you ask that I should compensate you as it was my fault that the camera dropped. You even mentioned $200.00. I think it is time you get exposed. I only came across this thread after I read about it in the butterfly forum. Anymore nonsense and insinuation from you may end with a defamation suit in a civil court.
    Richard
    Last edited by Richardlbong; 7th January 2008 at 08:45 AM. Reason: Typo error

The plot now THICKENS...
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

vince123123
    Guests

Quote Originally Posted by zac08 View Post
    The plot now THICKENS...
    Actually, I don't know about the thing thickening. Lets just examine the narrations relating to the dropping of the camera and you'll notice they are still more or less consistent with each's account (highlightedi n blue)

What is interesting to note is that Richard has admitted that he has touched the camera and it fell - which fits into the TS's account. I'll now leave the TS to respond to the other points.

Quote Originally Posted by Richardlbong View Post
    Time to get the truth out Mr AMC, using your intials so as not to embrarass you further. Here's a shot of the bird from the boardwalk trail at MNT.

This shot is uncrop with the 70-300mm. As you can see the view is blocked by leaves and branches. There are 2 witnesses to this so call callous act as you have put it. First the bird was spotted by a couple who are well known in MNT as they do regular walks along the boardwalk trail. They knew me as I frequent the trail. In fact you took a few shots of the bird with your 50-500 from the boardwalk. You even showed the gentleman your shots and he told me that it was clearer than mine which I explain to him that your lens has a longer reach. Secondly when you wanted to go down from the boardwalk, I did mentioned to you that the rustling of the dried leaves on the ground will scare the bird away. Thirdly the width of the bench is around 10 inches. When you put the camera on the bench which is around 2 feet away from the edge of the boardwalk and you climb down, was it your intention to look at the bird or to shoot it. If you want to shoot shouldn't you be putting the camera on the boardwalk itself so that you can get at it. The boardwalk is about 2 feet off the ground. At this time I moved away from the bench, and you beckon me to get the camera for you. As I said and stand by it with 2 witnesses there that I barely touched it before it fell off the bench on to the boardwalk. So you are now turning to this forum to make me look that callous and guilty. Let me remind you that I told you a friend of mine had several Nikons including a 70D and that I will and did call him to persuade him to sell the Nikon D70 which he is not using . Unfortunately he did not pick up the phone. As the sky darken I left MNT with you. When I was on the bus, I called you and told you my friend did not want to sell the camera. That is when you ask that I should compensate you as it was my fault that the camera dropped. You even mentioned $200.00. I think it is time you get exposed. I only came across this thread after I read about it in the butterfly forum. Anymore nonsense and insinuation from you may end with a defamation suit in a civil court.
    Richard
    Worst nightmare I ever had- SLR camera drop, not from me but from someone I do not know.

i like natural photograhy, like brids and etc in the forests. so i got the setup the 50-500mm sigma lense to my camera and headed into the forest trail with out tripod. Took me before long to find someone who seem to have the same interest in photograhy, but he is more to micro photograhy, old and retire person.

before long, he saw a bird in the distance, and told me. this where it begain, the bird was block by a few branches, so i put the camera on a wood benches and carefully move in. within reaching distance. i request him to pass me my camera. short distance less then a meter, but very good view of the brids itself. i turn back my head and saw his movement in horror. first- he pick up the cam, about 2 cm from the bench. second i heard the brid fly off. third- he attempt to put back the camera without looking, and the camera drop to the wood ground.

and it break from the lense mounting. Not even saying sorry, he chance his topic to buying a second hand model of a different brand.

i told him, fine maybe he could pay part of the cost for a second hand body. and he just turn me down. he add on, " i just touch the camera and it drop, and is not my problem and i amd just doing a favor." very irresponsible behavior for the photograher, and formore he is very senior(age) to any one. and may i ask who will be so blur as in, someone handing over a 3 kg plus items without looking back at the total action and event.

i am not here to spam anyone, but look at his action that tell the word-

look at the way he speak to me before and after. before that, he was saying about how i should take the photo i want. and advise me to stick to what i have till i master that body and lense. and after, he is promoting me to buy other brand of camera and not back to the old body. worst he said, he will not have gone down to the ground to take the photo because you will make noise and get the bird to set off. "sience is golden in forest" everyone should know. and yet he was talking so loudly during this event.

so guys any advice and commen for me. At least, my heart pain is for a lesson for everyone.

"photograhy is a very expensive hobbies, before you know it. you are spending out more then you through. so trust only you and yourself, even if on the road."

lense and camera body. camera is gone for good. i hope there is nothing wrong with the lense.

and what should be my correct action for him. i am more then happy to tell everyone who he was, since he gave me his name card. the joker part is, do not tell me that, he do even know how to hold up the camera.

there are sentence make by him, which i wanted to share with you guys. unless the club adm allow me too.

So now the arguement would be on who's right?
    Last edited by zac08; 7th January 2008 at 09:05 AM.
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

Quote Originally Posted by zac08 View Post
    So now the arguement would be on who's right?
    no, the arguement now is between them, as always will be.

For those who is not involved, please don't put more oil into the flames.
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Blog Entries

Exclamation Re: i wish this never happen to me. guys tell me what to do.

We were about to close off this thread as comments were getting out of hand, however with Richardlbong's posting we are allowing this discussion to go on (for now) for Forevery Photo and Richardlbong to work things out.

Note : We would strongly advise that this discussion be taken offline as airing dirty linen in public only serves to get everyone messed up in the end.

Blog Entries

I am closing this thread at the request of Butterfly Circle and suggest for the 2 affected parties to take it off line.
    Last edited by chngpe01; 7th January 2008 at 01:49 PM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345