Thread: What camera bag to bring?

Default What camera bag to bring?

Hi,

what kind of camera bags do you guys bring when travelling to cold countries? (around 0 to 10 degrees?)

i was thinking, with those thick layers of clothing, what kind of camera bag should i use? would it be difficult to carry a backpack?

other den my camera itself, it should allow me to bring some personal stuffs like wallet, drinks and mp3, etc.. any suggestions or advices? ^.^

Default Re: What camera bag to bring?

will you be bringing your lappy along? if you arnt, then you probably can do with quite a few other bags
    chezburgr i can haz?

most probably not bringing lappy..

Quote Originally Posted by costie86 View Post
    Hi,

what kind of camera bags do you guys bring when travelling to cold countries? (around 0 to 10 degrees?)

i was thinking, with those thick layers of clothing, what kind of camera bag should i use? would it be difficult to carry a backpack?

other den my camera itself, it should allow me to bring some personal stuffs like wallet, drinks and mp3, etc.. any suggestions or advices? ^.^
    there is no correct answer

anything that you are comfortable with working with

after a while you will adjust to the cold, i think what's more important is perhaps getting a good pair of gloves if you cannot handle working without them.. i myself cannot, so i don't use them and end up freezing my hands off most of the time.. still looking for a decent pair which will allow me to handle my equipment with reasonable dexterity while keeping warm.

sling bag, backpack, whatever works. i doubt you'll keep putting your camera in and out.. well, at least i hardly did, except during mealtimes.

hm.. thanks for the reminder.. quite true.. probably most of the time i would be having the camera in my hands, out of the bag..

still, i was a bit worried that there would be some problem with backpacks when wearing those winterwear.. how do you guys carry your camera gears when travelling in cold countries? backpack, slingbags, holster, etc??

hm.. thanks for the reminder.. quite true.. probably most of the time i would be having the camera in my hands, out of the bag..

still, i was a bit worried that there would be some problem with backpacks when wearing those winterwear.. how do you guys carry your camera gears when travelling in cold countries? backpack, slingbags, holster, etc??
    i have varied it actually

for my glasgow day/2day trip i simply used a crumpler sling with the lowepro bucket from compudaypack, worked fine

for my italy 10day trip, i used a nike medium carry-all with the same bucket.. totally no issue, except the airport officials always very interested in my hand carry luggage.. maybe got too much electronics inside

recently i just got myself a lowepro fast pack 350 cuz it was like a slingshot with a big barang barang compartment on top and a lappy compartment, plus instead of one strap across, its like a back pack with two straps. a perfect bag to me. easy to take a camera out without having to put the bag down too. if i'm travelling this is the only bag that i will bring for photographic equipment. if not bringing laptop, the lappy compartment can fold and stuff a jacket flat inside.

a bag like this will be easier to check in as well. last time when i carried a separate camera bag plus a separate laptop bag and some hand carried luggage etc.. it was quite a hassle to put all that stuff into the trays to be scanned etc.
    chezburgr i can haz?

i sling my camera on my neck/shoulder during short hikes and on a domke slingbag for longer ones..