Thread: model from china

Default model from china

finally get to arrange an appointment with this model..
    shot taken with 18-125mm
    trying to establish a fashion portrait here
    Please comment

thanks

Default Re: model from china

What make you say this is a "fashion portrait" ?

Is it becos its "different" from images of people you take? Or is it becos you wanted to shoot her in the light of "fashion" ?

My comments; I see no "fashion" here. Maybe lots of bros here may choose to disagree, but I see no glamor in this image, neither are there fashionable clothes, makeup, hairdo, accessories, or even stylistic/creative merit (from the point of the image) that tells me that.

Just a image of a lady with straight hair... Something we see lots in Singapore.

If its becos its in B&W, then it's passe.

Change the words "fashion portrait" , or try harder...

Keep shooting.
    CS says, "We can't help you ignore yourself."

Quote Originally Posted by Caspere View Post
    What make you say this is a "fashion portrait" ?

Is it becos its "different" from images of people you take? Or is it becos you wanted to shoot her in the light of "fashion" ?

My comments; I see no "fashion" here. Maybe lots of bros here may choose to disagree, but I see no glamor in this image, neither are there fashionable clothes, makeup, hairdo, accessories, or even stylistic/creative merit (from the point of the image) that tells me that.

Just a image of a lady with straight hair... Something we see lots in Singapore.

If its becos its in B&W, then it's passe.

Change the words "fashion portrait" , or try harder...

Keep shooting.
    thanks for the rules

Well my two cents: the light behind is too strong, it washes out the contrast. Agree with Caspere: don't really see fashion here.

However i think improve the contrast and prolly the model's expression (nothing very interesting, maybe bring more emotion will be better?) and the picture might just work better.
    Functional disorder