Is it worth to change to 5700 ? Will there be a great difference in image quality besides all the points that you stated out ?Originally posted by Fella
What are your opinions with reference to the subject above?
Here are my personal negative views on the 717
- taking portrait (vertical) shots on the 717 is an uncomfortable experience.
- no af lock button, a hassle when taking shots with tripod (I know there's manual focusing but that's a different issue)
- ex mem stick pro
- ex accessories
- heavy with sony tc which will give 320mm while the 5700 gives 280mm at less than half the weight (without tc)
- poor external flash support
- slow recovery time for long shutter shots due to in-camera's noise reduction processing
I guess a couple of stuff u mentioned like uncomfortable to take portrait shots and weight, I think once you get used to it, it should be okay ? As for expensive accessories, I don't think its a problem to you since you already seem to possess most or all of them ? One thing F717 is better than a 5700, is the zoom ring which I find it more easier.