Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Nikon 5700 vs Sony F717

So far, only the 28mm full wide appeals to me. Though I haven't been reading into detail as yet.

hi fella...

i dun think the 28mm makes much of difference...
    i think you should get the raynox one which is 0.66 x 35 = 23.1mm
    reviews from ppl at dpreview have been quite good..
    think chenwei was selling his sometime back..

I think the cost is about the same as the nikon one.
    only thing is that the raynox is not sold locally here and you need to get an 52 and 58 adapter for it. (got mine from longman, think he bought it locally). don't have to get those from bernie.

cheerz

u can seriously consider the 7hi
    IMO its the best prosumer DC next to a SLR liao

28mm in built, SLR feel, u were complaining about the zoom buttons uh? now no more zoom buttons liao

low light AF? this unit doesnt even need a AF assist in dark areas!
    717's EVF can "see" in the dark and so does the 7hi.. 5700? can only shoot and see the final image and shoot again! agarlation

uses AA battery
    uses CF
    wireless TTL flash with cheap sigma EF500 (strong and powerful)
    selectable colour space
    bulb mode

with all these Pros, 5700 is out of the question

Originally posted by MaGixShOe
    u can seriously consider the 7hi
    IMO its the best prosumer DC next to a SLR liao

28mm in built, SLR feel, u were complaining about the zoom buttons uh? now no more zoom buttons liao

low light AF? this unit doesnt even need a AF assist in dark areas!
    717's EVF can "see" in the dark and so does the 7hi.. 5700? can only shoot and see the final image and shoot again! agarlation

uses AA battery
    uses CF
    wireless TTL flash with cheap sigma EF500 (strong and powerful)
    selectable colour space
    bulb mode

with all these Pros, 5700 is out of the question

Darn! You really have the knack to gimme headaches!
    Just back from financee's place, going to read up properly liaoz. But how, cosmetically, the 7hi doesn't look so attractive to me loh...

Default E10/E20

Hi,

At the price of 7Hi or 5700, you can top up about a few hundred bucks and get an E20 or get an E10 at just $1500+.

You are getting a DSLR then, not 'an almost feel like DSLR'.

Originally posted by Fella
    Darn! You really have the knack to gimme headaches!
    Just back from financee's place, going to read up properly liaoz. But how, cosmetically, the 7hi doesn't look so attractive to me loh...
    yah true, but only if u look at it for a few moments
    if u look at it long enough u will find the others

hehehee
    SLR type zoom lens, 28mm-200mm
    dun need to worry or headache about what adaptor to buy or how much. (49mm theard in front)

oh, it comes with a flower petal lens hood too

Default Re: E10/E20

Originally posted by NorthernLights
    Hi,

At the price of 7Hi or 5700, you can top up about a few hundred bucks and get an E20 or get an E10 at just $1500+.

You are getting a DSLR then, not 'an almost feel like DSLR'.
    true... but aside from the brighter lens and optical viewfinder, there isnt much about them
    its heavy and slow. FL-40's price is a killer too

Default Re: Re: E10/E20

Originally posted by MaGixShOe
    true... but aside from the brighter lens and optical viewfinder, there isnt much about them
    its heavy and slow. FL-40's price is a killer too
    E10/E20 pictures are as good as those of the interchangeable lens DSLR's like D60, D100. The skin tone beat those of D60, 10D or D100's. Of course one talks about limitations like F11, ISO 320, 35-140mm...but heh, it is something you pay for with $xx.

FL40 may be a killer but it is not far from SB80DX or 550EX.

At the least, at $2300+, you get a DSLR with no shutter lag as compared to prosumer digicams.

Default Re: Re: Re: E10/E20

E10/E20 pictures are as good as those of the interchangeable lens DSLR's like D60, D100. The skin tone beat those of D60, 10D or D100's. Of course one talks about limitations like F11, ISO 320, 35-140mm...but heh, it is something you pay for with $xx.

FL40 may be a killer but it is not far from SB80DX or 550EX.

At the least, at $2300+, you get a DSLR with no shutter lag as compared to prosumer digicams.
    well..... not many ppl can live with the slow writing speed of the camera, esp. when u spend so much on it.

afterall its fella's decision

From the way I see things, the EOS-1Ds should be making an appearance pretty soon...

Default hehe

From the way I see things, the EOS-1Ds should be making an appearance pretty soon...
    No lah...it's the price range you are talking about. Most of us, or at least those of us who take pictures as a hobby...for me just new and learning, 1Ds is a remote 'no chance' dream lah...

Those with 1Ds will not be here to waste their time on us. We are talking about $1888 - $2300 only. Can only buy 1/6 of a 1Ds.

Deregistered

For the Minolta 7hi, I've used it before, the EVF's colouring's a bit off, but the colours produced are rich.

The plus point is of course the AA batteries, it's one of the 5MPs that uses AA directly without battery pack.

The zoom feel of the rotating lens also feels nice, actually it's quite a easy to 'get hang of' camera, I manage to play with it without worrying about how to use it.

For DSLRs be prepared for $3K+ for a 2nd hand set at least... which I think unless you can afford it or your live bowl depends on it.. otherwise... maybe a prosumer cam would do you justice of course if you can afford, why WAIT???

Default yeah

Originally posted by espn
    For the Minolta 7hi, I've used it before, the EVF's colouring's a bit off, but the colours produced are rich.

The plus point is of course the AA batteries, it's one of the 5MPs that uses AA directly without battery pack.

The zoom feel of the rotating lens also feels nice, actually it's quite a easy to 'get hang of' camera, I manage to play with it without worrying about how to use it.

For DSLRs be prepared for $3K+ for a 2nd hand set at least... which I think unless you can afford it or your live bowl depends on it.. otherwise... maybe a prosumer cam would do you justice of course if you can afford, why WAIT???
    Yeah...E10/ E20 is the most affordable DSLR...no need to buy extra lens...near the price of 7Hi and 5700 mah

The skin tone beat those of D60, 10D or D100's.
    Umm... just wondering if this is your personal opinion, or is this backed by some empirical evidence?

Browse through DPReview's on the 7hi, my concern so far is :
    - fixed lcd
    - noisy
    Need to get a feel of the cam before I can say if I like it or not...

Default Re: yeah

Yeah...E10/ E20 is the most affordable DSLR...no need to buy extra lens...near the price of 7Hi and 5700 mah
    With 2nd hand D30 hovering around $1.2K - $1.4K, a 2nd hand standard zoom like 28-105mm around $250 (MK I) and a 2nd hand 420EX around $250, wouldn't it be a better buy (less $2K for a DSLR setup)? Well only if u dun mind 2nd hand stuff that is

Browse through DPReview's on the 7hi, my concern so far is :
    - fixed lcd
    - noisy
    Need to get a feel of the cam before I can say if I like it or not...
    these 2 are non-issue i suppose
    those dimage users will tell u that

Default Re: Re: yeah

Originally posted by Newbie123
    With 2nd hand D30 hovering around $1.2K - $1.4K, a 2nd hand standard zoom like 28-105mm around $250 (MK I) and a 2nd hand 420EX around $250, wouldn't it be a better buy (less $2K for a DSLR setup)? Well only if u dun mind 2nd hand stuff that is
    but the prob with a SLR set up is the temptation to get MORE lens or BETTER lens..... like "L"

Yuzheng_Chua
    Guests

Aiyah Guyz, don't confuse him lah. Let him see and feel for himself those cameras..anyway, they r just toyz.
    About that Dimage 7hi, rumor has it that there are quite a number out there going at low prices in Malaysia (around S$1100 brand new) But it seems that these r not official units by minolta but rather 'fished' out reject units from the factory (dimage 7hi is made in Malaysia). Problems include extremely heavy power consumption.
    Not meant to cast a bad image over the company but the presence of these units on the Malaysian market is rather obvious.

Deregistered

E10/E20 I've played with one E10 before, DZLR, not bad but like its name implies, it's limited to what the lens has been affixed with.

For the 7hi, I'm not too worried on the noise itself, I'm more hesitative on the fixed LCD, because that means I can't take certain angular shots (which I find myself doing at times).

Regarding the power consumption I do not think it is an issue, because you're going to run on AA batteries, my friend uses 24 AA batteries everytime he goes out... but of course not everybody is as crazy as that (I bring 22 each time I go out )

Well since tonight you'll be touching the 5700, next head to AP and play with the Dimage 7hi or if it's not available Dimage 7i should also fulfill the trick.

psst... join the Nikon side

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast