Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Measuring Wool Strength?

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Sedna, Orion Stars
    Posts
    856

    Default Measuring Wool Strength?

    I know this may sound like a weird request but does anyone here have contacts in companies who can measure wool?

    We would like to know the textile strength, the breaking strength, the millimetre etc and have the results tabulated for us.

    We would pay the market rate of course. It's just that we have a hard time looking as this is our first time looking into this industry and Google and Yellow Pages aren't helping much?

    Anyone has any links or contacts who I can contact to do such measurements for me? Or at least point me in the right direction?

    Thanks!

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: Measuring Wool Strength?

    only see before metal material test, never see before wool test... if i come across will let u know.
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Sedna, Orion Stars
    Posts
    856

    Default Re: Measuring Wool Strength?

    Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    only see before metal material test, never see before wool test... if i come across will let u know.
    Ok thanks!

    Anyone else can help?

  4. #4
    Senior Member sammy888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    1,568

    Default Re: Measuring Wool Strength?

    http://www.zwick.com.sg (This company has a branch in Singapore and they seem to do testing)

    http://www.iwgofda.com/profile.htm ( Company that develops the equipment that does test the tensil strenght of fabrics including wool) THey might be able to give you ideas as to who to contact that buys their equipment. Maybe someone in Singapore?

    Hope this might help or bring you closer to your goal.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Measuring Wool Strength?

    PSB Corporation is your man. They do a whole lot of tests. Talk to them, I am sure they have some existing testing methods in accordance to ISO standards.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Measuring Wool Strength?

    Quote Originally Posted by germ_boi View Post
    I know this may sound like a weird request but does anyone here have contacts in companies who can measure wool?

    We would like to know the textile strength, the breaking strength, the millimetre etc and have the results tabulated for us.

    We would pay the market rate of course. It's just that we have a hard time looking as this is our first time looking into this industry and Google and Yellow Pages aren't helping much?

    Anyone has any links or contacts who I can contact to do such measurements for me? Or at least point me in the right direction?

    Thanks!
    Let me know which test standards (ASTM/USDA D584 and D1060?) you are adopting and I see how to help you.

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Sedna, Orion Stars
    Posts
    856

    Default Re: Measuring Wool Strength?

    I dunno about the standards... this is not my line. haha, I'm helping my mum find, which is also not my mum's profession. Doing an overseas friend a favour. Anyway, removing the details, here's what the person wants. Hmmm. : ( I feel useless, haha.


  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Sedna, Orion Stars
    Posts
    856

    Default Re: Measuring Wool Strength?

    Quote Originally Posted by sammy888 View Post
    http://www.zwick.com.sg (This company has a branch in Singapore and they seem to do testing)

    http://www.iwgofda.com/profile.htm ( Company that develops the equipment that does test the tensil strenght of fabrics including wool) THey might be able to give you ideas as to who to contact that buys their equipment. Maybe someone in Singapore?

    Hope this might help or bring you closer to your goal.
    Thank you Sammy, will call them!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •