Thread: TUAS Link Bridge

Default TUAS Link Bridge

Hi all I'm a noob in photography and I have been in the background reading and learning from all the post here...

It took me a while before I have the courage to post my shot for critic and feedback

Anyway here is my shot of Tuas Link Bridge taken with 30D pair with Sigma 18-200 OS , all C & C is most welcome

Default Re: TUAS Link Bridge

In my opinon, I think the photo will look better if the right side is cropped away (the black portion). You may also want to crop or clone away the flowers of the bottom left corner.

Too many star-like lights can be a distraction, especally the ones under the bridge.

Hmm... I like the mood and the lightings that are reflected in the water. Keep shooting and hope to see more of your photos.
    Last edited by qING; 2nd January 2008 at 01:18 PM.

Tks bro, point noted.

Quote Originally Posted by qING View Post
    In my opinon, I think the photo will look better if the right side is cropped away (the black portion). You may also want to crop or clone away the flowers of the bottom left corner.

Too many star-like lights can be a distraction, especally the ones under the bridge.

Hmm... I like the mood and the lightings that are reflected in the water. Keep shooting and hope to see more of your photos.
    Last edited by mattroxy; 2nd January 2008 at 01:24 PM.

Like all landscape photos.. it would be nicer if you can include the sky/sun, esp those dramatic colourful clouds during sunset.. retake the photo at around 6-7pm.. will definately make a difference

good effort. good use of elements for a night shoot, eg lights, reflections, shadows. Pic is just unbalanced in the dark/light spaces and the flow of the lines. possible recomposition, a wider or even a square format, using the lines to make a diagonal for example; right now the lines lead the eye anywhere and nowhere and not too pleasant a view.

Quote Originally Posted by m3lv1nh0 View Post
    Like all landscape photos.. it would be nicer if you can include the sky/sun, esp those dramatic colourful clouds during sunset.. retake the photo at around 6-7pm.. will definately make a difference
    Quote Originally Posted by espion View Post
    good effort. good use of elements for a night shoot, eg lights, reflections, shadows. Pic is just unbalanced in the dark/light spaces and the flow of the lines. possible recomposition, a wider or even a square format, using the lines to make a diagonal for example; right now the lines lead the eye anywhere and nowhere and not too pleasant a view.
    Tks for the all the input and will consider all the points here for a better photography.

Weird cropping. Maybe for a sense of continuity you could have done along with some Wide aspect crop, so that it may seem that the bridge is never ending? This way you might have to give up some of the bridge, or reflection, whichever you prefer.

Dude relax with the critiques man these guys out here aren't just waiting to flame you. Take it easy man.
    Canon 40D, 10-22, 35, 70-200
    http://theserialhobbyist.multiply.com