Thread: [Theme] Circle

Default [Theme] Circle

Instead of walking around and just shoot, I gave myself a theme, Circle last year. This is my first time taking photos based on a theme. I hope to do that weekly for the year of 2008. Anyway, here are some photos. I will strive to do better the next time.

I would want feedback if the photos match the theme (since this is the 1st time that I am doing). This will help me to know if I am on the right track. Thanks.

1. Bicycles

2. Broken Glass

3. Cigarette Butt Holder

4. Or

Default Re: [Theme] Circle

pretty interesting series!
    keep it up!

Hi qING~ Its good to go shoot with a theme~ Am thinking of doing it too~ But somehow sometimes no idea for a particular themes leh~
    Anyway, i like the first shot~ Especially the shadows and tone of the mud on the lower portion of the 2 bicycle wheels~ And since your theme is "Circle", maybe for the 2nd and 3rd shot, you should focus on the circular shape. For #2, the reflection is in focus instead of the circular shape. For #3, seems OOF. My view la~
    Shoot more to share!

Member/Tangshooter

Quote Originally Posted by qING View Post
    Instead of walking around and just shoot, I gave myself a theme, Circle last year. This is my first time taking photos based on a theme. I hope to do that weekly for the year of 2008. Anyway, here are some photos. I will strive to do better the next time.

I would want feedback if the photos match the theme (since this is the 1st time that I am doing). This will help me to know if I am on the right track. Thanks.

1. Bicycles

2. Broken Glass

3. Cigarette Butt Holder

4. Or
    Wah..shoot urself ah? Never jio?

Very interesting concept way of shooting..
    This is an electronic post which requires no signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Yapster View Post
    Hi qING~ Its good to go shoot with a theme~ Am thinking of doing it too~ But somehow sometimes no idea for a particular themes leh~
    Anyway, i like the first shot~ Especially the shadows and tone of the mud on the lower portion of the 2 bicycle wheels~ And since your theme is "Circle", maybe for the 2nd and 3rd shot, you should focus on the circular shape. For #2, the reflection is in focus instead of the circular shape. For #3, seems OOF. My view la~
    Shoot more to share!
    Haha. I personally like #1 too. I switched to Manual mode to give it a "dark" look.

#2... A bit hard to focus on the circle. PnS camera. Haha. Possible but I think it is difficult. The manual focus thing gave me a lot of frustration. Anyone can help ? I am using Canon Powershot A570 IS.

Ya. #3 is OOF. I thought no one would see it. I would take note of it next time .

Themes can be found in the internet. Alternatively, we can give each other themes. We can also post a theme weekly or monthly in CS for pple to shoot? Do you think if it is a great idea? Haha.
    Last edited by qING; 3rd January 2008 at 01:39 PM. Reason: Added in more words

Quote Originally Posted by Redsun View Post
    pretty interesting series!
    keep it up!
    Thanks Redsun.

Quote Originally Posted by blazer_workz
    Wah..shoot urself ah? Never jio?

Very interesting concept way of shooting..
    Haha. I shot this on last Sun around my lunch area. It was not a place that I specially went to. Anyway, thanks for your compliment!

I quite like 3 though its OOF. The OOF gives it a feel of moodiness and despair. I think this series is well done

So wats the next theme? Maybe u can share with us a theme every week and we can have a thread for our weekly series to share together

Member/Tangshooter

Yoh bro, nice shot you got there....

- style,
    - mood,
    - simple and straight to the point.

next time you go for shoot, jio me OK

Quote Originally Posted by lkkang View Post
    Yoh bro, nice shot you got there....

- style,
    - mood,
    - simple and straight to the point.

next time you go for shoot, jio me OK
    Thanks for your compliment.

OK. One of these days Sometimes, I just shoot along the way to somewhere.
    Let me settle down with my attachment first. I am starting work this Mon

Hope it dun rain too much... Otherwise, it will be hard to shoot.

See you soon.