Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: PSA Building invaded by laptop doers.

Default Re: PSA Building invaded by laptop doers.

Oh. Some people might actually like that.

Quote Originally Posted by jsbn View Post
    Maybe automatic spikes that would shoot up from the chair seat if it detects the same bum resting on it for 30 continuous minutes.
    Sounds like a prop right out from the Saw movies

Quote Originally Posted by Dream Merchant View Post
    It didn't go away entirely. It evolved and got renamed.

For the memories...

Courtesy is for free
    Courtesy is for you and me.
    It makes for gracious living and harmony
    Giving a friendly smile
    Helping out where we can
    Trying hard to be polite all the time

Courtesy is for free
    Living could be a treat
    If people are awfully sweet
    Courtesy could be our way of life

Courtesy is for free
    It is rude to be abusive
    Just to prove we're right
    Instead we could be nice about it if we tried

Make courtesy our way of life.

Name of Artist : J.J de Souza
    Title : Make Courtesy Our Way of Life

Now, there's a re-mix of that old familiar tune of more than 20 years!

Anyways...http://spoiltforchoice.blogspot.com/...s-society.html

I don't think Singaporeans will ever be truly courtesous or gracious the way that say, some Europeans or other peoples have been brought up to be through the generations.

An entire attitude and way of life is not something that can be 'taught' through a month-long campaign, even if that campaign runs for more than 20 years.

Why does it even need to be run for THAT long? Makes you wonder, really.

Courtesy isn't about just being trained to be 'nice', or even about being thoughtful.

It's about acknowledging and appreciating a fellow human being, and perhaps above all else, it's really about a subtle sense of respect for life, and putting others before ourselves.

But I guess that's it's good that the (by now) hundreds of millions of dollars of our hard earned tax money has been put to good use to try and make us more human and gracious - a profoundly simple yet crucial fundamental of upbringing (for life in civilised society) which our forefathers and parents obviously failed at in various degrees.
    .. our people need a song to remind them to be courteous ?

we see all tis because e parents brought them up tis way. Just a couple of wk back, i was at a Mac in AMK, guess wat at e table are the mothers to all these kids whom dont seem to give a damn tat they are people who's tryin to have a proper meal n yet they hog those table as if they own e place.

If they take 1 table, u can forgive them but they occupy 4 tables. Tis is how they save their air con n electricity bills. So how do u wanna blame e kids wen they grow up to such behaviour trained by their parents.

Quote Originally Posted by AdyH View Post
    we see all tis because e parents brought them up tis way. Just a couple of wk back, i was at a Mac in AMK, guess wat at e table are the mothers to all these kids whom dont seem to give a damn tat they are people who's tryin to have a proper meal n yet they hog those table as if they own e place.

If they take 1 table, u can forgive them but they occupy 4 tables. Tis is how they save their air con n electricity bills. So how do u wanna blame e kids wen they grow up to such behaviour trained by their parents.
    sounds exactly like what happen to me today ...... i think because of the outlet is no longer for ppl to dine in , mac delivery is doing very well

anyone tried asking them to move? or just come in here and complain?

Quote Originally Posted by calebk View Post
    Sounds like a prop right out from the Saw movies
    Pardon me. Think I'd watched too much gory movies of late.

Quote Originally Posted by terryansimon View Post
    but I guess ultimately, people should have a bit more social graces at times. I did give up my seats during the rush hour periods, as people needed to dine and I needed to take a break as well. the Maccas at Bishan *the previous one near the CC* also were fine with students studying there, as long as we scrammed during peak hours.
    during peak hour we dun scrammed, we join the dinner crowd to eat.

MacDonald Kallang, near the old Stadium - apart from free Wifi, there is also a free parking as well. Just think how many places left in SG where you can get FREE parking. So, the car park is almost always FULL.

Not that many genuine students, but older "students" who come in cars. Looks like they are working adults taking courses and preparing for some exams. This place seems to be less accessible for those without cars.

In contrast, KFC next door got more parking lots available becos no Wifi leh.
    I love big car, big house, big lenses, but small apertures.

Chill bros!

As a former "mugger" from NUS, allow me to share the psyche of the last-minute mugger.

Yes, NUS has many, many airconditioned places (central lib, hss lib, yih, etc).
    Yes, the whole NUS has wireless access (I hope so, coz my time only got RJ45 jacks, LOL!)

BUT, most don't find the near-exam atmosphere in NUS conducive for mugging. Everyone around you is mugging, kanchiong-ing, stressing out, etc etc etc. The whole place is a constant reminder of the stress and sh*tload of work they're facing. So most seek solace elsewhere, be it Changi Airport, or some ulu McDonalds.

But of course, this is still no excuse for inconsiderate behaviour. Most, at least during my time, had the good sense to order a few drinks (cheap ones lah, coz we were BROKE!).

At the end of the day, it's the shop manager's task to handle the situation. It's a sh*tty deal, but somebody's gotta to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunbucker View Post
    At the end of the day, it's the shop manager's task to handle the situation. It's a sh*tty deal, but somebody's gotta to do it.
    U got to b kidding rite? Shop manager's task? Try telling those people who hog tis seats tat there are genuine customers who need e tables n u probably get a response like 'wat i'm not a customer tat i dont deserve to have a seat'.

It's all abt freaking behaviour & ur character is e determining factor here. U see someone waiting to get a seat for their meal, u jolly well move ur freaking butt if u are done with urs. Does someone have to tell u to get out of ur seat once ur done? Gawd i cant believe it dude!

U got to b kidding rite? Shop manager's task? Try telling those people who hog tis seats tat there are genuine customers who need e tables n u probably get a response like 'wat i'm not a customer tat i dont deserve to have a seat'.

It's all abt freaking behaviour & ur character is e determining factor here. U see someone waiting to get a seat for their meal, u jolly well move ur freaking butt if u are done with urs. Does someone have to tell u to get out of ur seat once ur done? Gawd i cant believe it dude!
    I agree with you, but you don't have to be so harsh. Relax bro.

aiya no need mac to see such situation n not students are guilty of such acts la
    u try suntec food court and the marina square food court can liao, these places during lunch time is pack , yet on both places, i see office workers dress smartly in ties and ladies in 3 peice suit took up those valuable seats n have IMPORTANT meetings ah.

if they got meal on the desk still eating , i can take it , but picture this 4 person took up a table but with nothing else on the table except cups of coffee. some more coffee finished already hor , the max is 2 drop of coffee left nia. when i left after my meal they are still there.

so every time i see such groups of people , i will say in mandarin
    ta ma de , chi bao le , mei nao yi zhu chi tai bao zhou bu liao.

translate
    idiots , eat full already , no brain workers eat too full cannot work already.

they look at me , hahahaha come to think of it they might just gang up to wack me

Quote Originally Posted by Yatlapball View Post
    Where have you been? this phenomena has been in existence since at least 15 years ago. back then it was the YMCA macdonalds (it still faces this problem now I think).

YMCA macdonalds has long ago closed down

Well, you better believe it, it's Singapore!

I've seen kids camp out for days at a stretch at their local fast food outlet, until the shop formally put up a sign that says studying is not allowed during peak hours.

Quote Originally Posted by garou12 View Post
    errr while i agree its not right that they crowd the area and take advantage of the free wifi, they dun seem to be causing a public disturbance. so why is it irritating for some people?
    I think the Wifi is free but the tables are not... As long as no customers complain, the shops don't lose anything but potential customers.

Quote Originally Posted by lightbrush View Post
    YMCA macdonalds has long ago closed down
    really? sorry i've been abit of a hermit for the past 18 months. You gotta forgive me.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunbucker View Post
    Well, you better believe it, it's Singapore!

I've seen kids camp out for days at a stretch at their local fast food outlet, until the shop formally put up a sign that says studying is not allowed during peak hours.
    I saw a sign like that at the macs beside bras basah complex.

Quote Originally Posted by Yatlapball View Post
    really? sorry i've been abit of a hermit for the past 18 months. You gotta forgive me.
    has been turned into a slimming centre... the irony

Quote Originally Posted by theRBK View Post
    has been turned into a slimming centre... the irony
    All the years of McDonalds has taken its toll on people who frequent that joint, so now they help with the therapy

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234