Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: PSA Building invaded by laptop doers.

Default Re: PSA Building invaded by laptop doers.

"A"s for the education and "F" for human relationship ....

Anyway really quite a unique culture here in our country , its either its holiday too for those students ard those places i travel or simply they are more " zhi dong " -automatic .

Quote Originally Posted by glennyong View Post
    PSA building ?

its near NUS right ??

hmmm.. if its from NUS, there no place to study meh ? they pay so much school fees, and the school is so huge, why need to go to a starbucks which is prolly 30-45mins bus ride there....

there feng shui better for study issit.
    PSA bldg has got aircon.......

HS

u mean NUS cut air con bill that y all go PSA building pay so much and no air con
    Canon 1D MK3,28-200 F3.5-5.6, 100 F2
    My Models

Quote Originally Posted by harrynkl View Post
    u mean NUS cut air con bill that y all go PSA building pay so much and no air con
    So PSA should shutt off the AC to get rid of them......:-)

HS

Quote Originally Posted by hongsien View Post
    So PSA should shutt off the AC to get rid of them......:-)

HS
    or everyday conduct fire drill
    My Models

fire drill also no use la....

if they are sitting there, means their skin is 100mm armour plated, explosive retardant one... fire to them is small case.....

u need to take picture of their faces and STOMP them ! shame them in public !

r u planning a outing there
    My Models

Now den u know.

The other time I was at MacDonalds, waiting for a friend to order food first whilst I go and 'chop' seat first. Whilst waiting for my friend, one of the staff decided to come over and try to hustle me out asking me if I'm waiting for someone and waiting is not allowed.

Apparently I think a family is looking for seats and couldn't find one so they decided to pick on a singlet-shorts-slipper guy with messy hair and complained to the staff about me.

I pointed to the other seats occupied by studying students and said, "Hustle them out first before you hustle this customer who is waiting for his friend that's ordering food from your company downstairs."

The staff and family immediately bolted.

Screw 'em. They shld chase all these students outta restaurants.

Quote Originally Posted by S11loop View Post
    "A"s for the education and "F" for human relationship ....

Anyway really quite a unique culture here in our country , its either its holiday too for those students ard those places i travel or simply they are more " zhi dong " -automatic .
    Definitely not holiday in Japan now and apparently students prefer studying at home den taking up seats and bothering other patrons whilst studying.

The fast food restaurants here are actually packed with people who are REALLY EATING and not socializing!

Quote Originally Posted by harrynkl View Post

Why would NUS students go all the way to ulu PSA building to study? It does not add up.

AFAIK, there's a private college that's just opened just up the road, near Alexandra Park/Lock Road vicinity, and there's a student hostel in that area too.
    Last edited by LazerLordz; 3rd January 2008 at 10:22 PM.
    We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities. - Oscar Wilde

I never understood why people can study in macdonalds. So noisy.

A new place to Stomp about prepare your cam
    My Models

Does it matter where they come from? It happens also with Singaporeans, would you have posted the same thing if it were?

I find it strange that the staff are not doing anything? Some don't seem to have bought anything? Or has it already been taken away?

At some places I do see messages from the place not to use the place as a study place, forgot which restaurant, could be Burger King at Peninsula Plaza???

HS
    staff not doing anything is because the staff are not paid by how much the store earn. most probably paid per hour. so let them sit all day and the staff just need to shake legs and collect pay.

Quote Originally Posted by LazerLordz View Post

Why would NUS students go all the way to ulu PSA building to study? It does not add up.

AFAIK, there's a private college that's just opened just up the road, near Alexandra Park/Lock Road vicinity, and there's a student hostel in that area too.
    Not sure why. But I ever seen students taking up cafeteria space in changi airport

If it's non peak hour may be ok, but for peak hour, they should be "automatic" a bit.
    Sony Alpha 700 hobbyist

dun think kids now very auto, they will dig their heads into the books and the dont know what the surrounding is like.
    My Models

Many youth in developed world nowadays are so selfish! Some don't even want to share the table with you even when the whole place is full!

HS
    First you said this.
    Later when someone said students are from PRC, you said something very different.
    LOL

[QUOTE=hongsien;3671779]Does it matter where they come from? It happens also with Singaporeans, would you have posted the same thing if it were?

QUOTE=hongsien;3671923]PSA bldg has got aircon.......

Quote Originally Posted by foxwagon View Post
    Agree.

I was at Coffeebean Bishan Junction 8 in Nov last year, lots of students were hogging the tables, one couple even had a stalk of flower in a water bottle on the table as decoration - very comfortable. They even blatantly left coffeebean with all the books on the tables & left for dinner, (I was there for about 30mins - which should had been too long for their toilet breaks)

I asked the staff why they allowed the students to study there the whole day; answer was they were also paying customers. Yeah right, buy one drink, finished halfway so that it could not be cleared away then study whole day, when tired, just surf internet or sleep. What about other paying & dining customers?

For every pair of students, they occupied two tables/four chairs. That's how much turnover they had lost per student couple.

If I were you, I will remove the books from the table while they are away from dinner and use it .

Quote Originally Posted by Henessy View Post
    If I were you, I will remove the books from the table while they are away from dinner and use it .
    Hi Henessy

I managed to get a table for my meal so it was fine for me, but there were some customers who came in, couldnt find a table & left without ordering anything.

The staff turned a blind eye, & the management didnt respond to feedback. It's Coffeebean's loss.

ever wonder why free lunch aka stuffs are not given to singaporeans?

Well, OT about tis discussed location, i spotted this bunch of "KIDS" just sitting at the MacDonalds with books and nothing else..and this ratio of eating-customers and "KIDS" are like 1:5 (...or maybe 10). Here is an example on my blog.
    mOi bLoG - "i bLoG, dO yOu?"

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast