Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4567811 ... LastLast

Thread: Don't waste your time with KFC

Arrow Re: Don't waste your time with KFC

KFC FTW, down with Popeyes.

How come every few months there will be a topic about ayam KFC ?

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    aiya, to each their own la. let them enjoy their KFC while we tuck into our POPEYE's!!!

remember to try old chang kee's fried chicken wings.

Default Re: Don't waste your time with KFC

Quote Originally Posted by xtemujin View Post
    KFC FTW, down with Popeyes.

How come every few months there will be a topic about ayam KFC ?
    its a franchise success and tas y always on CS.

we love KFC!
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

Quote Originally Posted by mohgui View Post
    i thought Ramly Burger is a product no? any burger stands in Msia confirm sure use Ramly Burger's product.

frankly speaking, i really missed those burger/hotdogs. cheap and good. beats eating burgers and McDonalds and Burger King anytime.

however, those burger stands at pasar malam here... although they use Ramly Burger's product... the end product still sucks. burger vendors here are not creative in their wares.

if you guys ever go down to Penang for a holiday, try the hotdog/burger at Charlie's (Batu Ferringhi)... damn shiok!
    There are somethings in Malaysia which you can never get in Singapore and this is one of them. You are right on the Penang's Charlie's joint. Shiokeningly good.......

got lotsa complaints also will have ppl go eat kfc regardless. i love their mashed potatoes so i cant not frequent kfc. not sure about the sizes of the chicken but i did get huge breast meat the other day when i tried to ask for drumstick (find the breast meat too tough) or even wings.
    爱是要时间慢慢培养的。。

its a franchise success and tas y always on CS.

we love KFC!
    If I am not wrong, the Malaysian entity that owns thw KFC franchise took control of the Singapore franchise some years back?

Quote Originally Posted by Parchiao View Post
    If I am not wrong, the Malaysian entity that owns thw KFC franchise took control of the Singapore franchise some years back?
    Singapore one is by some company called YUM or YUMM? cant remember...think they controlling pizza hutt, taco bells and Ljs.
    One-North Explorers
    | Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but photos |

Quote Originally Posted by Parchiao View Post
    i dunno abt that... perhaps other CSers might haf more info on the biz side of things.

i only knw how to eat and KPKB.

Quote Originally Posted by sbs99 View Post
    Singapore one is by some company called YUM or YUMM? cant remember...think they controlling pizza hutt, taco bells and Ljs.
    sbs99, you are right.

"Yum! Brands, Inc. or Yum! is a Fortune 500 corporation, that operates or licenses A&W (excluding Canada), KFC, Long John Silver's, Pizza Hut, and Taco Bell restaurants worldwide. Based in Louisville, Kentucky, it is the world's largest quick-service restaurant company in terms of system units over 34,000 restaurants around the world in more than 100 countries and territories."

Nooooooooo! Please don't say bad things about KFC! I still love their Zingers and cheese fries!

Quote Originally Posted by shinken View Post
    Believe it or not, every month, or every other two months, I'll make a trip to JB JUST so I could eat the REAL KFC. Be warned, the first bite might be so surprisingly juicy that you could get some on your face or all over your hands :P

SG's KFC? I'll rather find the nearest foodcourt or hawker center and buy from a nasi lemak stall. It's so lame that almost a random replacement is most likely tastier.
    How very true. I tried kfc in a few countries. msian ones have one of the biggest portion and juicy tender meat.

Given the last round of complain about tiny chicken sizes, i believe there had been some great improvements as they probably feedback to supplier to sell them bigger pcs chicken meat. I only eat zinger burger (introduced to me by my dad long time ago). The 2pcs meal is still a very large meal to me after including the sides and soda.

So, as a zinger meal lover, chicken sizes for 2pcs/3pcs meals dont affect me.

They are doing extremely well in china now though they were initially conned by the chinese (regarding idaho potatoes import). Singapore is quite a small market in terms of scale.

This brand will live on I am sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Goi View Post
    Nooooooooo! Please don't say bad things about KFC! I still love their Zingers and cheese fries!
    kfc here still have hot wings? US KFC aka chicken capital usa bo zinger and wings lo...

Quote Originally Posted by contaxable View Post
    How very true. I tried kfc in a few countries. msian ones have one of the biggest portion and juicy tender meat.

Given the last round of complain about tiny chicken sizes, i believe there had been some great improvements as they probably feedback to supplier to sell them bigger pcs chicken meat. I only eat zinger burger (introduced to me by my dad long time ago). The 2pcs meal is still a very large meal to me after including the sides and soda.

So, as a zinger meal lover, chicken sizes for 2pcs/3pcs meals dont affect me.

They are doing extremely well in china now though they were initially conned by the chinese (regarding idaho potatoes import). Singapore is quite a small market in terms of scale.

This brand will live on I am sure.
    debateable. they've been struggling in their home base ever since atkins came about.

i dunno abt that... perhaps other CSers might haf more info on the biz side of things.

i only knw how to eat and KPKB.
    eh cheese, which other old chang kee outlet have wings?

Quote Originally Posted by garou12 View Post
    eh cheese, which other old chang kee outlet have wings?
    i only know hg n suntec plus amk.

but i can tell u 100% for sure...

that...

USA dun haf!

since u everything oso USA, this time even if u go bak to ur USA, u can makan all the Popeye n KFC u want, but no old chang kee for u. not tat u need la.

hehehehehe

song boh?

i only know hg n suntec plus amk.

but i can tell u 100% for sure...

that...

USA dun haf!

since u everything oso USA, this time even if u go bak to ur USA, u can makan all the Popeye n KFC u want, but no old chang kee for u. not tat u need la.

hehehehehe

song boh?
    errr old chang kee wings are ok but nothing copared to American popeye. you pay me for the air ticket i go eat lor. You like very buay song that i say the local popeye no good. esp since as a consumer i refuse to put up with subquality products or services...which seems to be what you're willing to do for a little pice of ayam goreng... Song bo?
    Last edited by garou12; 5th January 2008 at 09:39 AM.

errr old chang kee wings are ok but nothing copared to American popeye. you pay me for the air ticket i go eat lor. You like very buay song that i say the local popeye no good. Song bo?
    wa, u worship USA until like no tomolo leh... i tot u're an american mah..

everything oso no fight with USA food.

dun worry la, go to work n save up and ur dream of returning to the US will materialise n u can makan all the KFC there till u song!

wa, u worship USA until like no tomolo leh... i tot u're an american mah..

everything oso no fight with USA food.

dun worry la, go to work n save up and ur dream of returning to the US will materialise n u can makan all the KFC there till u song!
    mr buay song i where got say everything here cannot compare to usa? only the popeye's chicken. Got read again. You just buay song coz i say the popeye's here substandard.

mr buay song i where got say everything here cannot compare to usa? only the popeye's chicken. Got read again. You just buay song coz i say the popeye's here substandard.
    aiya, u so song can liao la... whether popeye here good or not, i oso dun care for i earn nothing from them..

i m not sure if the US paid u to help push their tourism industry though...

cheer up sonny! go out n eat more local fried chicken!

oopsss... let me extend another warm welcome to mr.USA here...

welcome to SINGAPORE!!!!

cheer up! its the weekends!

Lol I'm a Zinger person too, so the 2-pc/3-pc chicken meal doesn't affect me much.

Chicken Wing review from SimplyHer Magazine

JUST WING IT

Ikea's Wing = 9/10

Arnold's Wing = 7.5/0

OCK's Wing = 7/10
    See my Photo Gallery at the Clubsnap

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4567811 ... LastLast