Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12347 ... LastLast

Thread: Don't waste your time with KFC

Default Re: Don't waste your time with KFC

Quote Originally Posted by megaweb View Post
    I ate it (arnold) at Pasir Ris Branch before and I found their food is salty and expensive than main branch at City Plaza. I eat only at their spring chicken
    might be a franchise and thus the quality control isn't there...?

anyway, Arnold's history.

i've discovered... POPEYE's CHICKEN.

yumyum!
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

Arrow Re: Don't waste your time with KFC

When will Popeye open at Changi Airport T3 ? I love their mashed potato and chicken.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    to TS, let me intro u to a much nicer alternative... except tat they are not widely available n they dun do home deliveries..

try Popeye's Chicken one day when u happen to b in the airport.

they are located in T1 n soon, T3.

forget abt KFC n join the converts.

YNWA!!!

Quote Originally Posted by wind30 View Post
    ?? aiyo, cannot deliver means cannot deliver what. What you want them to do?

sometimes, I think some unforseen circumstances can crop up. Rain big big or Like the outlet near your place could be seriously understaff that day or maybe the delivery staff had an accident or whatever....

I had that experience b4 with KFC I think once, but that time I think they just could not cope with the orders.... no big deal, order Mac lor.
    Say something like you have to wait 90 mins instead of telling me outright that they will not deliver to my place. At least if I do not know, I won't say anything, but now that I know that they do practice selective service, then I think I should let everybody know and let them all judge for themselves what KFC means. For me F in KFC stands for something else beginning 2008.

No offence but will tell you what I think frankly...

Wish to sympathize with you my friend but think you made a mountan out of a molehill. I hate bad services in singapore (rude cab drivers, lousy camera store services over here, poor manners, etc) but me personally thinks this the typical singaporean complaining at best!

If they are busy during this feastive season, just accept it. I think as long as the gal on the other line was not rude or did apologize to you, move on. They simply couldn't cope. Then how? You wanna wait like 3-4 hours? Even if possible, you would probably also complain in that case.

It's not like KFC was the only kind of food you could eat then.

And I don't think anyone will be convinced to boycott them based on your experience. KFC is a big name here and overseas. And pointing out how unhealthy it is to eat it, or wish that they will "die off like A&W" is like crying sour grapes leh. Since when is fast foods healthy anyway? But that does not mean one cannot indulge in such foods occassionally.

So live and let live!

(Btw, don't quite understand why you rejected their "drumsticks and wings" for 3 piece meal. What were you expecting?)

Quote Originally Posted by kiwi2 View Post
    No offence but will tell you what I think frankly...

Wish to sympathize with you my friend but think you made a mountan out of a molehill. I hate bad services in singapore (rude cab drivers, lousy camera store services over here, poor manners, etc) but me personally thinks this the typical singaporean complaining at best!

If they are busy during this feastive season, just accept it. I think as long as the gal on the other line was not rude or did apologize to you, move on. They simply couldn't cope. Then how? You wanna wait like 3-4 hours? Even if possible, you would probably also complain in that case.

It's not like KFC was the only kind of food you could eat then.

And I don't think anyone will be convinced to boycott them based on your experience. KFC is a big name here and overseas. And pointing out how unhealthy it is to eat it, or wish that they will "die off like A&W" is like crying sour grapes leh. Since when is fast foods healthy anyway? But that does not mean one cannot indulge in such foods occassionally.

So live and let live!

(Btw, don't quite understand why you rejected their "drumsticks and wings" for 3 piece meal. What were you expecting?)
    It's like stepping into a Canon shop, you ask for a Canon 40D, they tell you they only have 400D. Both takes photos, might as well take the 400D since it serves the same purpose right? Beep, wrong. Some people need more than just a 400D, are you willing to settle for something less when your intention was to get something more that is reasonable? If you're a Nikon user, just think along the lines of D80 vs D300, difference that is like day and night.

The girl did not apologise, and it was not about her attitiude that bothers me, it was about not having a choice, you know, something like some people get to vote while some others do not, because one day you are Aljunied and the other you suddenly become Marine Parade. In this case, I was able to get them to deliver to me one day, and suddenly they don't want to on another day because they decided that you live in an area that doesn't deserve the same treatment as others, and it's no fault of yours. If you don't get the idea, you should now.

Yep. KFC is not the only food that I can eat, so here's wishing another year of dissapointing profits for them in Singapore in 2008 from one "sour grape". Need to spread some info on unhealthy fast food fried chicken, who cares if they are some big corporation, it's us the little ones that matter!

Quote Originally Posted by Parchiao View Post
    It's like stepping into a Canon shop, you ask for a Canon 40D, they tell you they only have 400D. Both takes photos, might as well take the 400D since it serves the same purpose right? Beep, wrong. Some people need more than just a 400D, are you willing to settle for something less when your intention was to get something more that is reasonable? If you're a Nikon user, just think along the lines of D80 vs D300, difference that is like day and night.

The girl did not apologise, and it was not about her attitiude that bothers me, it was about not having a choice, you know, something like some people get to vote while some others do not, because one day you are Aljunied and the other you suddenly become Marine Parade. In this case, I was able to get them to deliver to me one day, and suddenly they don't want to on another day because they decided that you live in an area that doesn't deserve the same treatment as others, and it's no fault of yours. If you don't get the idea, you should now.

Yep. KFC is not the only food that I can eat, so here's wishing another year of dissapointing profits for them in Singapore in 2008 from one "sour grape". Need to spread some info on unhealthy fast food fried chicken, who cares if they are some big corporation, it's us the little ones that matter!
    LOL...to me you are tasting your own medicine actually....imagine, a chicken have 2 wings, 2 drums, 2 thighs, 2ribs and 1 keel.....it's people like you who insist on the bigger parts, so the poor $3.5/h man have no choice must give in....at the end...it left all the the drums and wings.....at the end people with bigger $0.50 refused the 4/9 parts and kick up the fuss in a forum with cursing and swearing for a new year beginning Get a live man...buy and fried your own chicken then you will know how to give and take in some scenario....you can't win all the time, it's not a crime to loose sometimes in order to win more

As for the phone call thing, you really trying to squeeze blood out of a stone, people already told you the booking system cannot accept your order, what alternative you want them to offer? Walk in to any of their outlet?
    Last edited by Big Kahuna; 2nd January 2008 at 09:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Kahuna View Post
    wah this photo classic...actual plates...taken in msia? msia's kfc standard is so much better, although some may think it's a tad oilier but the chicken is juicy, unlike sg's dry meat.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    Old Chang Kee's fried chicken wings(S$1.20/. each). they are available at some outlets only.

if u come across one that sells, try one. very shiok!

the suntec one! always a lot people buy, and they keep running out of chicken wings. (which is good, always fresh new batch). There's one more ock selling wings outside amk hub...but the standard not as good as the suntec one. hehe

perhaps kfc here adopting the typical employer-employee tactics liao

u dun want work, i hire someone else cheaper, no problem.

u dun want my chicken, there will be someone else who will buy them, no worries.

getting complacent liao...thats why standard drop so much over about 10 years.
    Last edited by sbs99; 2nd January 2008 at 10:14 AM.
    One-North Explorers
    | Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but photos |

Quote Originally Posted by Big Kahuna View Post
    LOL...to me you are tasting your own medicine actually....imagine, a chicken have 2 wings, 2 drums, 2 thighs, 2ribs and 1 keel.....it's people like you who insist on the bigger parts, so the poor $3.5/h man have no choice must give in....at the end...it left all the the drums and wings.....at the end people with bigger $0.50 refused the 4/9 parts and kick up the fuss in a forum with cursing and swearing for a new year beginning Get a live man...buy and fried your own chicken then you will know how to give and take in some scenario....you can't win all the time, it's not a crime to loose sometimes in order to win more

As for the phone call thing, you really trying to squeeze blood out of a stone, people already told you the booking system cannot accept your order, what alternative you want them to offer? Walk in to any of their outlet?
    KFC is getting bad, their food is bad, now their business model is getting bad too. I have had got a good life that includes sex, women, booze and all things sinful, but sometimes little trival things like this makes me wonder. Cannot always be like a silent sheep waiting to be slaughtered, sometimes need to bleat before dying right?

I did not insist on eating the bigger parts, I insist on getting my money's worth. The standard serving for KFC is wing with thigh or breast, drumstick with rib and never drumstick with wing as it will show up as very little, which KFC thinks it's true too, I know as I worked in KFC when they were still decent place to eat in.

If the outlet runs out of the right combinations is not my fault, they should learn to control what they serve and how they do it, don't twist it till like as if I am the problem lah, cannot be the case cause I always eat standard serving, not special or substandard serving. On the rack, there was nothing but drumsticks and wings, and lots of them. The problem has nothing to do with the staff, it's the management, where do you see me complaining about the guy behind the counter?

And you got another problem understanding what I am saying, if they cannot deliver, that is fine, of course the best scenario is that they can deliver but takes time. But the silly lady on the other line gave it away, they don't deliver to certain locations during peak periods, they choose their customers, you don't get it do you? You need a better analogy, tell me what camera you are using, maybe I can come up with something that will stir up your dormant senses so that you can connect with.

Best Regards,
    My 4 50 cents coins are really worth more than your $2 note.

Har... I don't see how your experience is related to the analogy you have given on buying cameras. The lady did not offer to give you chicken bones instead of real palatable chicken right?

You sound like you insisted on being served no matter what the situation was. I don't see it as discrimination on where you live, or about you being given less favorable treatment compared to others. Using common sense, the most likely reason as I see it is that they were short-handed with bulk orders, and they wanted to best maximize their handling ability. So naturally, they could only serve those who live in certain areas of Singapore.

I still don't geddit... So if you were KFC management, what would you expect them to do for you? Tell you, Sorry Sir, but if you don't mind waiting for the next 4 hours, we will deliver the chicken to you. I think that's a more ridiculous scenario which you would probably have complained also for slow service. So the best way is for the lady to reject you.

Even if you could wait for 4 hours, it's not typical of everyone to do that. For home delivery, we usually expect the food to come in an hour.

If you like analogies, one I can probably think of is this: If you engage a photographer to shoot on your wedding day but he is completely booked for that day, he can only tell you straight that he cannot serve you. So you feel offended. But why should you? You expect him to cancel his other assignments to serve you? Or do you expect him to tell you to change your wedding day to a later date so he can do the shoot, and only then you will feel happy?

Perhaps it would have helped if the lady on the line apologized to you. But then, I dunno how she spoke to you. But you also mentioned you were not pissed about the attitude of hers but rather at not being given a choice. So what is this "choice" that you want?

I feel there is more to life than to feel disappointed or frustrated by this experience. I think the CHOICE you have is whether to feel happy or sad, to move on or to feel slighted at small incidents.

No offence, I'm being neutral here, but just stating my honest opinion of the situation which could happen to any other person who thinks like you.

Blog Entries

now i crave for an authentic A&W root beer float in a huge frosty mug.

Quote Originally Posted by wind30 View Post
    ?? aiyo, cannot deliver means cannot deliver what. What you want them to do?

sometimes, I think some unforseen circumstances can crop up. Rain big big or Like the outlet near your place could be seriously understaff that day or maybe the delivery staff had an accident or whatever....

I had that experience b4 with KFC I think once, but that time I think they just could not cope with the orders.... no big deal, order Mac lor.
    My case of unforseen circumstances - " during 1 occasion whereby i dialed up for KFC delivery. After they took my orders and ask me to wait for several minutes....blar blar....they get back to me saying that their services are not avaliable currently because of bad weather. So thinking that bad weather could possibly mean raining heavily and due to the fact that i am so hungry that i dun mind braving through the storm to fill my stomach. I borrowed an umbrella from my colleague and went out of my company building.

What i saw outside was a bright sunny day............"

KFC is so welfare to their staff that their bad weather could possibly mean CAT 1 status.......

BTW i discovered that the nearest KFC outlet is just a stone throw away from my company building. I was new to the company and wasnt sure of the dining area down there.....

Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    Reading this thread now I veery the hungry. A&W anyone? really miss their Root Beer /Root Beer Float and burgers and chicken.
    Pentaxian for Life
    K1, KP, FA*28-70/2.8, FA31, 43 & FA77 Limiteds, K85/1.8, FA*200/2.8, A50/1.2

Quote Originally Posted by kiwi2 View Post
    Har... I don't see how your experience is related to the analogy you have given on buying cameras. The lady did not offer to give you chicken bones instead of real palatable chicken right?

You sound like you insisted on being served no matter what the situation was. I don't see it as discrimination on where you live, or about you being given less favorable treatment compared to others. Using common sense, the most likely reason as I see it is that they were short-handed with bulk orders, and they wanted to best maximize their handling ability. So naturally, they could only serve those who live in certain areas of Singapore.

I still don't geddit... So if you were KFC management, what would you expect them to do for you? Tell you, Sorry Sir, but if you don't mind waiting for the next 4 hours, we will deliver the chicken to you. I think that's a more ridiculous scenario which you would probably have complained also for slow service. So the best way is for the lady to reject you.

Even if you could wait for 4 hours, it's not typical of everyone to do that. For home delivery, we usually expect the food to come in an hour.

If you like analogies, one I can probably think of is this: If you engage a photographer to shoot on your wedding day but he is completely booked for that day, he can only tell you straight that he cannot serve you. So you feel offended. But why should you? You expect him to cancel his other assignments to serve you? Or do you expect him to tell you to change your wedding day to a later date so he can do the shoot, and only then you will feel happy?

Perhaps it would have helped if the lady on the line apologized to you. But then, I dunno how she spoke to you. But you also mentioned you were not pissed about the attitude of hers but rather at not being given a choice. So what is this "choice" that you want?

I feel there is more to life than to feel disappointed or frustrated by this experience. I think the CHOICE you have is whether to feel happy or sad, to move on or to feel slighted at small incidents.

No offence, I'm being neutral here, but just stating my honest opinion of the situation which could happen to any other person who thinks like you.
    Analogy is okay lah, Thigh meat to 40D, chicken wing to 400D.

What you are saying about they maximising their handling ability is exactly discrimination in a sense to speak, they cannot deliver, they don't bother. This reminds me of those SLS stories, the Ah Beng Ah Seng salesman want business, they talk nicely to you, once they know that they cannot sell at a better price than the next shop, they tell you to get lost and go buy from some where else. It's all so similar.

As for the photographer analogy, not exactly like what you have said. It's really more like "sorry sir, you live too far" not "sorry sir, I am booked on that day".

I don't expect them to tell me to wait 4 hours, I expect them to tell me that they either can or cannot do it within a reasonable amount of time. But what I got is "we don't deliver to where you live".

Quote Originally Posted by felixcat8888 View Post
    Reading this thread now I veery the hungry. A&W anyone? really miss their Root Beer /Root Beer Float and burgers and chicken.
    I got canned root beer in my fridge now, got a whole carton from a petrol kiosk.

Quote Originally Posted by Teegongkia View Post
    My case of unforseen circumstances - " during 1 occasion whereby i dialed up for KFC delivery. After they took my orders and ask me to wait for several minutes....blar blar....they get back to me saying that their services are not avaliable currently because of bad weather. So thinking that bad weather could possibly mean raining heavily and due to the fact that i am so hungry that i dun mind braving through the storm to fill my stomach. I borrowed an umbrella from my colleague and went out of my company building.

What i saw outside was a bright sunny day............"

KFC is so welfare to their staff that their bad weather could possibly mean CAT 1 status.......

BTW i discovered that the nearest KFC outlet is just a stone throw away from my company building. I was new to the company and wasnt sure of the dining area down there.....
    Too hot and sunny to work.

If the outlet runs out of the right combinations is not my fault, they should learn to control what they serve and how they do it, don't twist it till like as if I am the problem lah, cannot be the case cause I always eat standard serving, not special or substandard serving. On the rack, there was nothing but drumsticks and wings, and lots of them. The problem has nothing to do with the staff, it's the management, where do you see me complaining about the guy behind the counter?
    They did not twist it as if you are the problem. If you'd reread your first post you would realise you refused to eat there, so it's not like they are blaming you for ordering chicken, are they?

No offence, just my two cents. Seems like some inconsistent points you're raising here.

Quote Originally Posted by calebk View Post
    They did not twist it as if you are the problem. If you'd reread your first post you would realise you refused to eat there, so it's not like they are blaming you for ordering chicken, are they?

No offence, just my two cents. Seems like some inconsistent points you're raising here.
    Er, who are you referring to when you say "they"? While I was referring to "they" as KFC, I was replying to an earlier post, of which the person who posted it twisted my intentiones to mean that i was causing a problem.

Did not read properly leh.
    Last edited by Parchiao; 2nd January 2008 at 12:47 PM.

Er, who are you referring to when you say "they"? While I was referring to "they" as KFC, I was replying to an earlier post, of which the person who posted it twisted my intentiones to mean that i was causing a problem.

Did not read properly leh.
    "They" are KFC, and yes I think that they are not actually causing you any problems when they say they only have wings and drumstick left. It is up to the customer to decide whether to accept, wait or refuse.

Quote Originally Posted by calebk View Post
    "They" are KFC, and yes I think that they are not actually causing you any problems when they say they only have wings and drumstick left. It is up to the customer to decide whether to accept, wait or refuse.
    So I refused politely. But a KFC that only serves drumsticks and wings is rubbish.

Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    easy enough to make with your own ice cream...just buy the anw can drink

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12347 ... LastLast