Thread: Buying Lenses In Bangkok

Default Buying Lenses In Bangkok

Hi all,

I will be going to Bangkok soon for holidays and wondering is it cheaper to buy nikon lenses over there; since the camera bodies and lenses are made in Thailand nowaday.

Is it an international warranty for lenses?

Pls share your comments.

Default Re: Buying Lenses In Bangkok

I was told that camera equipment, like any other luxury item, is generally more pricey than their equivalent counterparts over here in Singapore.

I might be wrong though, since the examples I were quoted were with more luxurious household items, like air conditioning and plasma screen televisions.

Quote Originally Posted by dreamer_toons View Post
    ...I will be going to Bangkok soon for holidays and wondering is it cheaper to buy nikon lenses over there...
    Nope, its not cheaper there, not even after you claim VAT at the airport, will probably still be slightly more expensive than what is offered in Singapore. Not a wise choice to buy in Thailand. You'll probably save more if you got one from Hong Kong instead.

Quote Originally Posted by terryansimon View Post
    ...luxury item, is generally more pricey than their equivalent counterparts over here in Singapore.
    Yes bro, you're generally right about the luxury items. However, some electronic products (non-branded ones) can be especially cheap in thailand, but the quality ain't something to shout about. For more well known brands, i would say you're right about the equivalent counterpart portion =)
    Last edited by Override2Zion; 12th January 2008 at 11:43 AM.
    Nikon D200/D700/D800 User :)
    [www.PositiveStudioProductions.com]

Nope. Its not any cheaper and some items are more expensive even second hand.
    5D MII w/16-35L,Sigma 28-70&Nikkors(35f2,85f1.4,105f2.5,180f2.8ED)