Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 32

Thread: Food Shot - PS limited??

  1. #1

    Default Food Shot - PS limited??

    Shot is not taken by me.
    But PS was done by me.

    I am wondering is this the max potential of PS..
    or can anyone make the left pic much more better than my PS right pic?

  2. #2
    Member/Tangshooter
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    ClubSNAP Community
    Posts
    3,118

    Default Re: Food Shot - PS limited??

    Quote Originally Posted by richliow View Post
    Shot is not taken by me.
    But PS was done by me.

    I am wondering is this the max potential of PS..
    or can anyone make the left pic much more better than my PS right pic?
    left pic..too warm..abit of underexpose IMO..
    right pic..too green..vegetable green until not so appealing..the plate oso got green cast liao..
    This is an electronic post which requires no signature.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Food Shot - PS limited??

    Quote Originally Posted by blazer_workz View Post
    left pic..too warm..abit of underexpose IMO..
    right pic..too green..vegetable green until not so appealing..the plate oso got green cast liao..
    so its a goner pic?
    anyway to make the left pic better through PS?

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Where the wind blows...
    Posts
    4,528

    Default Re: Food Shot - PS limited??

    You have to do layer mask to adj the items (meat, veg and plate) seperately, your PP version had the background food overexposed liao....and the green is too much.

    Quote Originally Posted by richliow View Post
    Shot is not taken by me.
    But PS was done by me.

    I am wondering is this the max potential of PS..
    or can anyone make the left pic much more better than my PS right pic?

  5. #5
    Member/Tangshooter zaxh81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    4,339

    Default Re: Food Shot - PS limited??

    you need a better light source,the food also does not have a appealing point.

    You put so small size,is it for commercial use?

  6. #6
    Member/Tangshooter
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    ClubSNAP Community
    Posts
    3,118

    Default Re: Food Shot - PS limited??

    Quote Originally Posted by zaxh81 View Post
    you need a better light source,the food also does not have a appealing point.
    straight on point..shoot it right first time..less pp work..
    This is an electronic post which requires no signature.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Food Shot - PS limited??

    Quote Originally Posted by zaxh81 View Post
    you need a better light source,the food also does not have a appealing point.

    You put so small size,is it for commercial use?
    well its not shot by me...
    tis shot is by my friend...
    i tot its looks very dark and underexposed,
    so try to help her a bit by PS...

    Still, I agree, that the green is too green....
    Any gurus here who can help spin wonders with the original photo?

  8. #8

    Default Re: Food Shot - PS limited??

    Quote Originally Posted by lastboltnut View Post
    You have to do layer mask to adj the items (meat, veg and plate) seperately, your PP version had the background food overexposed liao....and the green is too much.
    Ah....layer mask......
    how does that work?
    i mean.....does it creates two layers?

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Where the wind blows...
    Posts
    4,528

    Default Re: Food Shot - PS limited??

    Hi,

    Layer mask means to add the pic in piecemeal pattern.....I have given it a shot, a few minutes fast work.



    Let me know if you 1 me to take it down.

    Thanks.

    PS- O! The fish looks a bit red here and the onion shots on the end became green!!......sorry, fast work mah, take it for a Salmon then. Ha!
    Last edited by lastboltnut; 31st December 2007 at 03:15 PM.

  10. #10

    Default Re: Food Shot - PS limited??

    My version of PP from your original shot. Let me know if you want me to remove it.


  11. #11

    Default Re: Food Shot - PS limited??

    Quote Originally Posted by Yapster View Post
    My version of PP from your original shot. Let me know if you want me to remove it.

    what have you pped to the pic?
    can share?

  12. #12
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default Re: Food Shot - PS limited??

    thread moved.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  13. #13

    Default Re: Food Shot - PS limited??

    Quote Originally Posted by richliow View Post
    what have you pped to the pic?
    can share?
    Ya sure. I sharpen the pic initially to minimize the OOF. Then i USM again to bring out more details. Then i played with shadow and highlights to remove the "halo" effect (though a bit still can be seen due to too much sharpening). Then i played with contrast to boost the colours. And finally, played with level to adjust the tone. I basically just played with these lor.

  14. #14

    Default Re: Food Shot - PS limited??

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    thread moved.
    Wah, Cheesecake, you achieved 8888 on the last day of 2007~
    I mean your post~
    Happy New Year!

  15. #15
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default Re: Food Shot - PS limited??

    Quote Originally Posted by Yapster View Post
    Wah, Cheesecake, you achieved 8888 on the last day of 2007~
    I mean your post~
    Happy New Year!
    ahhh, o.t. hahaha

    now 8889.


    hopefully the TS can find the right method to adjust the food foto.




    cheers and HAPPY NEW YEAR to one and all.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  16. #16

    Default Re: Food Shot - PS limited??

    Another one with the "warmness removed" using LR. I adjusted the temp and tint. Then go to CS2 to adjust the contrast again.

    Last edited by Yapster; 31st December 2007 at 06:37 PM.

  17. #17

    Default Re: Food Shot - PS limited??

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    ahhh, o.t. hahaha

    now 8889.


    hopefully the TS can find the right method to adjust the food foto.




    cheers and HAPPY NEW YEAR to one and all.
    And Liverpool Fans Will NEVER WALK ALONE!!!

  18. #18

    Default Re: Food Shot - PS limited??

    Quote Originally Posted by Yapster View Post
    Another one with the "warmness removed" using LR. I adjusted the temp and tint. Then go to CS2 to adjust the contrast again.


    I guess i am a bit lost....what's LR
    and whats TS?

  19. #19
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default Re: Food Shot - PS limited??

    Quote Originally Posted by richliow View Post
    I guess i am a bit lost....what's LR
    and whats TS?
    TS = threadstarter


    LR = LightRoom, a software for fotographers by Adobe.



    cheers!
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  20. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Where the wind blows...
    Posts
    4,528

    Default Re: Food Shot - PS limited??

    Well done bro!

    Quote Originally Posted by Yapster View Post
    Another one with the "warmness removed" using LR. I adjusted the temp and tint. Then go to CS2 to adjust the contrast again.


Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •