View Poll Results: IF you left your wallet in Burger King, you will be able to find it:-

Voters
139. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Crew and Manager return to you (everything)

    37 26.62%
  • Posted back to you (NRIC, card intact, cash gone)

    8 5.76%
  • Returned by the Police (everything intact including cash)

    1 0.72%
  • Forget it... no way you will get it back!

    93 66.91%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 82

Thread: If you left your wallet in Burger King

  1. #61
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    New York*New Jersey*Boston
    Posts
    1,072

    Default Re: If you left your wallet in Burger King

    Quote Originally Posted by Winston
    I feel if you ever lose a wallet with Credit Cards or Debit Cards inside.

    Even if you got it back, you should report it lost and replace your cards as soon as possible.

    The reason is, during the span of time it was lost. The card details may have been copied down by some one else or even photocopied both sides.

    There was a lady who wrote to Straits Times complaining that she bought a handphone at a WyWy shop and the salesman photocopied her Citibank credit card both sides, claiming it was necessary.

    When she called Citibank later, the bank officer replied she has to cancel the card immediately as the credit card details have been known to others.

    Those of you who have done internet transactions will know that to make the transactions you need

    a) credit card number
    b) Type (Visa, mastercard, diners, amex..etc)
    c) Name of cardholder
    d) Card expiry month and year.
    e) the 3-digit number under the magnetic strip behind the card
    f) Name of issuing bank and telephone no. (some websites only, as a security measure)

    So, If the person copied the details from your card or photocopied it, he can return it to you with a smile on his face, but then use the details to buy a big ticket items like a Canon 1Ds? from the website and you will not know. (unless the 1Ds is above your credit limit. )

    Since he uses all your details correctly and if you did not report your card lost, the bank will assume you did the transaction and it is difficult to prove it's a fraud.

    i am reading some old post but i have to bring up some important security flaw in singapore.
    as long as you use your credit card ONCE in singapore, you are pretty much screwed and in a vulnerable position.

    whenever you use your credit card, look at the transaction slip.
    i believe in Singapore, they print out the whole DAMN 16 digits of your card number.
    that is not good at all.
    all you need is the 16 digits (plus perhaps some security number required by amex) to make purchases online.

    in the USA, they only print out the last 4 digits and leave everything as XXXXXX

    so the lady/guy over the counter probably might have you credit card number anyways...

  2. #62

    Default Re: If you left your wallet in Burger King

    probably you guys should check out citibank's card protection plan service.
    http://www.citibank.com.sg/portal/ci...amevar1=workID
    Canon 40D|17-55 f/2.8 IS|100 f/2.8 Macro|135 f/2L|300 f/4L IS|430ex|BG-E2

  3. #63
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Wild wild west
    Posts
    610

    Default Re: If you left your wallet in Burger King

    Wow lau ..... who choose nos 3 ?
    3) Returned by the Police (everything intact including cash)

    Cos it is SUPER 100% + 1 % IMPOSSIBLE lor ... !!! Chop + grarantee

  4. #64
    vince123123
    Guests

    Default Re: If you left your wallet in Burger King

    Quote Originally Posted by xxxger
    Wow lau ..... who choose nos 3 ?
    3) Returned by the Police (everything intact including cash)

    Cos it is SUPER 100% + 1 % IMPOSSIBLE lor ... !!! Chop + grarantee
    Don't say 100% when you have no evidence that this is true See this post earlier:

    Quote Originally Posted by Snowcrash
    The a police officer from the NPP I reported the loss gave me a call the morning after the loss.


    "Somebody had returned your wallet to us."

    "Great, is my NRIC and Cards inside?"

    "Yes. And there is some $XXX cash also. Would you come and collect it before 2pm? if not we had to handover to our main police station."

    "Sure, thanks, did you say CASH is still in the wallet?"

    "Yes"

    I couldn't believe it.

    I prayed that God that night to have mercy on the person who took my wallet and no harm to come to him. I am the one who was careless. I pray also that person will at least drop the wallet into the mailbox to mail back to me. Take it as a lesson learned.


    So in the end, I went down to collect my wallet with EVERYTHING intact. The police officer give me the name and phone number of the kind person who returned it. Apparently he is busy last night and come to the police the morning after.

    So I just need to change my ATM and Credit Card only (since I made the call to cancel right after I made the police report.)

    So what should I do for the kind gentleman?

    Suggestion if you are in my shoes?

  5. #65
    vince123123
    Guests

    Default Re: If you left your wallet in Burger King

    Does this apply in ALL cases of finders keepers? What if you find something without any identification or means to locate the owner? Is this criminal misappropriation? From your post below, it seems that you are saying that it is.

    Quote Originally Posted by limhousen
    So...if you take something that doesn't belong to you, it is considered as CRIMINAL MISAPPROPRIATION. There is no such thing as finder's keepers in Singapore law. Just make sure you dun get caught if you choose to keep it.

  6. #66

    Default Re: If you left your wallet in Burger King

    I find a wallet recently, found 200 hundred dollars inside and a whole lot of credit cards and misc. No contact number so called the chap's credit card company up. Told them I found your cardholder's wallet, ask him to call me to get the wallet back. Didnt hear from him the whole day, guess the bank couldn't be bothered. So in the end went to the police station at night after work to pass the wallet and all to them and write police report.

    Why I return everything intact? Well I must admit I was tempted to take the 200 dollars and then maybe post the wallet back or just dump it to my building security guards. However what comes around goes around. Just think if one day you do lose your belongings, do you hope not that you will have it returned intact especially when you really really need the money? Hence I decided to be stupid for once in my life and return the wallet plus cash.

  7. #67

    Default Re: If you left your wallet in Burger King

    Quote Originally Posted by haagen_dazs
    i am reading some old post but i have to bring up some important security flaw in singapore.
    as long as you use your credit card ONCE in singapore, you are pretty much screwed and in a vulnerable position.

    whenever you use your credit card, look at the transaction slip.
    i believe in Singapore, they print out the whole DAMN 16 digits of your card number.
    that is not good at all.
    all you need is the 16 digits (plus perhaps some security number required by amex) to make purchases online.

    in the USA, they only print out the last 4 digits and leave everything as XXXXXX

    so the lady/guy over the counter probably might have you credit card number anyways...
    there is some improvement now.... some company only print the last 4 digits.

  8. #68

    Default Re: The Police returen me the wallet!

    Quote Originally Posted by Snowcrash
    The a police officer from the NPP I reported the loss gave me a call the morning after the loss.


    "Somebody had returned your wallet to us."

    "Great, is my NRIC and Cards inside?"

    "Yes. And there is some $XXX cash also. Would you come and collect it before 2pm? if not we had to handover to our main police station."

    "Sure, thanks, did you say CASH is still in the wallet?"

    "Yes"

    I couldn't believe it.

    I prayed that God that night to have mercy on the person who took my wallet and no harm to come to him. I am the one who was careless. I pray also that person will at least drop the wallet into the mailbox to mail back to me. Take it as a lesson learned.


    So in the end, I went down to collect my wallet with EVERYTHING intact. The police officer give me the name and phone number of the kind person who returned it. Apparently he is busy last night and come to the police the morning after.

    So I just need to change my ATM and Credit Card only (since I made the call to cancel right after I made the police report.)

    So what should I do for the kind gentleman?

    Suggestion if you are in my shoes?
    You're very lucky that your wallet was picked up by an honest person.

    Months ago, I dropped my mobile phone downstairs where my flat is (not a busy HDB estate - 4 storey block, shophouses downstairs, upstairs residence) - fairly quiet place, no busy human traffic. 15 minutes later, I went back to the same spot that I realised where I dropped it, and it's gone. Alright, thought I'd call my phone. Person picks up and says nothing. Call a few more times, same thing happens.

    I can never figure out why some people are so inconsiderate. Not like it's a fancy thousand dollar phone. But it sure gave me heaps of inconvenience with lost nos. and so on.

    Some months before this, I picked up a phone at a very busy cinema and waited for the person to call his phone and returned it to him. You can believe that the fella was very grateful.

  9. #69

    Default Re: If you left your wallet in Burger King

    Dropped my Quantum Turbo in a bus, it was clipped to my belt. I was too dam tired to put it away in my bag. Got of the bus and just the realised that it had come off and was still in the bus, by that time the bus was moving off. Too late to catch the bus.

    Ran home, took the car to chase after the bus. Ended up at the Jurong East terminal. went to the counter and explained to the personbehind the counter that I had left something on the bus 143. He then held it up and asked if that was what I was looking for. I nodded my head in excitement. He said the bus driver had just brought it in. He was curious and asked what it was and how much it cost. I told him it was for a battery pack for photography and that it was pretty expensive, signed a form saying that I recieved the item and I was on my way.

    I was shitting bricks the whole time I was trying to catch up with the bus. Heck, I was also lucky I didn't get pulled over for speeding. I was very fortunate this time.

    Just my contribution.

  10. #70

    Default Re: If you left your wallet in Burger King

    if it was gaffered and had it's connectors sticking out with the indicator light on... i think the drive would think its a bomb... haha

  11. #71

    Default Re: If you left your wallet in Burger King

    Lost my Nokia 8210 about 3 years ago at Burger King Causeway Point, Woodlands...
    went back half hour later and it's gone. Asked the crews, nobody knows anything Lodged police report, nothing happen. Lost all contacts

  12. #72
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    SGee
    Posts
    1,572

    Default Re: If you left your wallet in Burger King

    last time i helped a gal find 1 side of her slippers in a cinema, if not she hav 2 hop home w/ help from her frd!

    i lost tt cinema job, no 1 help me find 1...

  13. #73

    Default Re: If you left your wallet in Burger King

    What goes around, comes around. If you find a wallet with say, $100 and you're tempted to take it, just think, is your integrity worth $100? But anyway, I realize that this will not apply to a lot of people... its more a reflection of your character and upgringing than anything else

  14. #74

    Default Re: If you left your wallet in Burger King

    Quote Originally Posted by Gymrat76
    What goes around, comes around.
    Karma???

  15. #75

    Default Re: If you left your wallet in Burger King

    Quote Originally Posted by zombiez
    Dropped my hp in a cab once. Called up my own phone and he say he's driving...cannot talk to me. Called a while later, cannot get through. Die... Gone case. The next day, my neighbourhood police called my home and ask me if I lost my hp. Apparently the taxi driver sent the hp to the police station but never told them much detail. Police officer see "home" in address book and called. And that's how I got my hp back. LOL

    Lesson of the day: Put your home number in your hp and label "HOME"

    Hmmm....should we lock the SIM card in this case? If I locked then cannot get back my phone.
    lol so lucky

  16. #76

    Default Re: If you left your wallet in Burger King

    Quote Originally Posted by Gymrat76
    What goes around, comes around. If you find a wallet with say, $100 and you're tempted to take it, just think, is your integrity worth $100? But anyway, I realize that this will not apply to a lot of people... its more a reflection of your character and upgringing than anything else
    $100 of course not lah. Will not be tempted by $100.

    But I am curious, how much money in the wallet b4 you get TEMPTED to keep it???? Not saying you will keep it lah, just TEMPTED

    For me, should be around 10k...

  17. #77
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    SGee
    Posts
    1,572

    Default Re: If you left your wallet in Burger King

    Quote Originally Posted by wind30
    $100 of course not lah. Will not be tempted by $100.

    But I am curious, how much money in the wallet b4 you get TEMPTED to keep it???? Not saying you will keep it lah, just TEMPTED

    For me, should be around 10k...
    & how does any1 squeeze tt amount of cash in any wallet?

  18. #78
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Utrecht, The Netherlands
    Posts
    34

    Default Re: If you left your wallet in Burger King

    Here in Holland you'd probably would get it back, emptied and deprived of all interesting stuff. If there's any money inside, that will automatically be the finders fee

  19. #79
    vince123123
    Guests

    Default Re: If you left your wallet in Burger King

    Actually, I wouldn't mind if the finder emptied the wallet of cash, as long as the other non-cash items are intact and returned to me.

    Quote Originally Posted by DikkieD
    Here in Holland you'd probably would get it back, emptied and deprived of all interesting stuff. If there's any money inside, that will automatically be the finders fee

  20. #80
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    SGee
    Posts
    1,572

    Default Re: If you left your wallet in Burger King

    Quote Originally Posted by vince123123
    Actually, I wouldn't mind if the finder emptied the wallet of cash, as long as the other non-cash items are intact and returned to me.
    true, can get anything back is v gd already!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •