View Poll Results: IF you left your wallet in Burger King, you will be able to find it:-

Voters
139. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Crew and Manager return to you (everything)

37 26.62%
  • Posted back to you (NRIC, card intact, cash gone)

8 5.76%
  • Returned by the Police (everything intact including cash)

1 0.72%
  • Forget it... no way you will get it back!

93 66.91%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: If you left your wallet in Burger King

Originally posted by RuthBaby
    need to photocopy meh? when they have a copy of tt transaction statement?
    Well, I am not so sure why the people at WyWy needs to photocopy the credit card.

And the transaction statement does not contain enough information abt the credit card to conduct any online purchase.

In some cases, it is advised to follow the waiter to the cashier counter to pay rather than hand over the card and wait for them to send the transaction receipt over to sign.

The waiter could have copied the info abt the card from the time, he takes the card from you till the time he walks back to the counter and swipe the card.

At least by following the waiter, you can watch the transaction being carried out.

Deregistered

thanks for the information Winston, otherwise i wouldn't know the dangers of losing a CC.

I've made a police report the same night I lost my wallet.

The manager on duty at Burger King did not receive any lost item.
    Only left my name and contact with them. Also talked to the crew clearing the table:-

Me: "Did you see a black wallet on the tray over at that table when you clear it?"

Crew: "where, there, yah... I clear the tray. The wallet is beside the tray, not on it, I left it there."

Me: So what happen to it?

Crew: "I don't know, there is someone sitting beside it, so I just clear the tray loh"

Me: "Do you know how he/she look like?"

Crew: "So sorry, I don't remember"

Guess that those who voted 1st option are out.

BTW, the police give me the bank's hotline number to call to cancel my atm, credit card etc. Talk about service!

To be continued... ...

I lose my hand phone at Century food court. there are hundreds of people having their lunch.

after an hour, i went back and look for my hp. luckily the ah soh took it and luckily she passed it to the manager and luckily the manager was there.

my wife left her purse at McDonald's Marina Square once. We only realized it two hours later, after walking around Suntec. Luckily we were able to recall where we were the whole day, and went back to McDonald's and the purse was with the crew manager. Apparently some 'kind' soul had seen the purse, and passed it to him.

Only drawback was that the 'kind' soul took whatever money was in the purse.

Originally posted by munfai
    my wife left her purse at McDonald's Marina Square once. We only realized it two hours later, after walking around Suntec. Luckily we were able to recall where we were the whole day, and went back to McDonald's and the purse was with the crew manager. Apparently some 'kind' soul had seen the purse, and passed it to him.

Only drawback was that the 'kind' soul took whatever money was in the purse.
    just take it you paid for the service of returning the items inside. at least the important stuff are still inside and it saved you all the hassle .
    1stJournal - Painting your life journals since 2008
    Email / Facebook / Instagram

Originally posted by SianZronG just take it you paid for the service of returning the items inside.
    not paying for the service.

paying for our own carelessness.

Dropped my hp in a cab once. Called up my own phone and he say he's driving...cannot talk to me. Called a while later, cannot get through. Die... Gone case. The next day, my neighbourhood police called my home and ask me if I lost my hp. Apparently the taxi driver sent the hp to the police station but never told them much detail. Police officer see "home" in address book and called. And that's how I got my hp back. LOL

Lesson of the day: Put your home number in your hp and label "HOME"

Hmmm....should we lock the SIM card in this case? If I locked then cannot get back my phone.

Default Locked sim card

I called my hp but no one answered.... maybee cos it was 2am. I canceled my sim the next day, so no hope of calling the phone, the only ID in my camera bag.

Originally posted by Snowcrash
    I've made a police report the same night I lost my wallet.

The manager on duty at Burger King did not receive any lost item.
    Only left my name and contact with them. Also talked to the crew clearing the table:-

Me: "Did you see a black wallet on the tray over at that table when you clear it?"

Crew: "where, there, yah... I clear the tray. The wallet is beside the tray, not on it, I left it there."

Me: So what happen to it?

Crew: "I don't know, there is someone sitting beside it, so I just clear the tray loh"

Me: "Do you know how he/she look like?"

Crew: "So sorry, I don't remember"

Guess that those who voted 1st option are out.

BTW, the police give me the bank's hotline number to call to cancel my atm, credit card etc. Talk about service!

To be continued... ...
    I thought the crew you talked to was rather irresponsible and lacked the common sense to even ask the person sitting besides the tray if the wallet is his.

Under normal circumstances and my imagination, I would have thought the wallet must be left behind by the careless previous customer. So, under normal circumstances again, I would imagine the crew would

[1] ask the person beside if the wallet belongs to him
    [2] keep it and pass it on to the duty manager
    [3] keep it for himself/herself

This leads me to suspect the crew might have pocketed your wallet. I suspect only, so please don't call the police to prosecute the crew without concrete evidence!!!

No cctv in burger king? I thought they should record and playback the tape for the day only if anything like yours happened again.

Or the very least, put one there (recording or not) to deter people from taking things which are not rightfully theirs...

This should never, ever happen to me.. *shudder*

What will happen to all the pictures I have inside? They're priceless, k?

They can take the money, I don't care. I don't carry much with me anyway..

Just return my ez-link card to me....

But I don't think people are that good-hearted. They usually couldn't care less...

Deregistered

wondered what's the fate of the D&G sunglasses that i picked up at Ikea today - passed it to one of the counter staff...

btw, saw junita simon there... boy, is she tall or what...

Originally posted by Poledra
    This should never, ever happen to me.. *shudder*

What will happen to all the pictures I have inside? They're priceless, k?

They can take the money, I don't care. I don't carry much with me anyway..

Just return my ez-link card to me....

But I don't think people are that good-hearted. They usually couldn't care less...
    Yes, the ez-link card is now linked to the concession card.

NRIC and Concession card are the 2 most useless things to a thief but the most expensive and time consuming to replace for the owner.

Have to report loss, go SIR to make NRIC and then go Bouna Vista to make concession card.

The last time, I lost my wallet, I received a mail 2 weeks later, labeled "Found lost in the post"

Apparently, the person took my money, farecard and whatever was valuable and then threw my NRIC, concession card..etc into a letterbox. and Singpost sent the items to me, using the address on the NRIC.

But too late as I have cancelled my NRIC and made a new one, so still wasted my money on the new card.

Default The Police returen me the wallet!

The a police officer from the NPP I reported the loss gave me a call the morning after the loss.

"Somebody had returned your wallet to us."

"Great, is my NRIC and Cards inside?"

"Yes. And there is some $XXX cash also. Would you come and collect it before 2pm? if not we had to handover to our main police station."

"Sure, thanks, did you say CASH is still in the wallet?"

"Yes"

I couldn't believe it.

I prayed that God that night to have mercy on the person who took my wallet and no harm to come to him. I am the one who was careless. I pray also that person will at least drop the wallet into the mailbox to mail back to me. Take it as a lesson learned.

So in the end, I went down to collect my wallet with EVERYTHING intact. The police officer give me the name and phone number of the kind person who returned it. Apparently he is busy last night and come to the police the morning after.

So I just need to change my ATM and Credit Card only (since I made the call to cancel right after I made the police report.)

So what should I do for the kind gentleman?

Suggestion if you are in my shoes?

wow good for you!

So lucky...

See that there are still good people around besides me

wa! so kind of that person!!!! really very rare leh. marry him la if same gender, swear that you will betroth your child to his, hahaha....

ahem. give him/her a treat? in the very least, i would thank the person over and over on the phone.

Default Re: The Police returen me the wallet!

Originally posted by Snowcrash
    So what should I do for the kind gentleman?

Suggestion if you are in my shoes?
    give him a call, and thank him profusely.

wa jas, just peeked into your gallery... cubism sia

Originally posted by beivied
    wa jas, just peeked into your gallery... cubism sia
    you peeked on me!

What's cubism?

jas, i didnt peek on you, i peeked into your gallery

wa lao, praise you for nothing. you sliced up your pic of merlion and pieced it back again. something like that... thats called cubism. unless i saw wrongly la.

about the wallet, how come the person left his phone number hah?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast