Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I can't approach people!

Default Re: I can't approach people!

Quote Originally Posted by artofshuenalogy View Post
    Hmm the 2nd photo. How did you shoot it? It seems like you turned back and just shot using a standard zoom for courage if it's so.
    technical specs...

10D with 35/f2.
    in SMRT bus...I sat facing the old lady...wic was ard 1.5-1.8m away from me. Just nice for a 35/2 on a 10D.
    a few seconds of observing her, i took out my cam from my bag, adjust setting, cam to my face, frame and shoot.
    continued observing and shoot her again. Then keep my cam. So, that's 2 frames of her. Posted is the 1st frame.

if all depends on how comfortable you are with yourself. If yuo are comfortable, you'd be able to use medium
    format cam and shoot in the bus too. Be confident.

eg... 6x7 medium format film cam, b/w film
    Last edited by khairi; 3rd January 2008 at 05:09 PM.

when i was in Uk during my study..
    i shoot anything i wan and any1 i like (just once that a mom call a polis to stop us)
    back in sg.. i was scare and worry about how the victim might feel, as i saw the look on the face(scare of being hurt by ur camera)..
    really feel that they will kill me if i take a shoot on them..

Quote Originally Posted by Yatlapball View Post
    Not sensor dust I think... it's scratches on the film.
    oh yeah i suppose so

he did say he was using an SLR

Quote Originally Posted by khairi View Post
    technical specs...

10D with 35/f2.
    in SMRT bus...I sat facing the old lady...wic was ard 1.5-1.8m away from me. Just nice for a 35/2 on a 10D.
    a few seconds of observing her, i took out my cam from my bag, adjust setting, cam to my face, frame and shoot.
    continued observing and shoot her again. Then keep my cam. So, that's 2 frames of her. Posted is the 1st frame.

if all depends on how comfortable you are with yourself. If yuo are comfortable, you'd be able to use medium
    format cam and shoot in the bus too. Be confident.

eg... 6x7 medium format film cam, b/w film
    Hmm if you were not positioned in the best position, would you purposely move to another spot and take the photo despite the stares of strangers?

Maybe street photography isn't for you. Why force yourself to do something you aren't capable of?

Quote Originally Posted by kenso View Post
    Maybe street photography isn't for you. Why force yourself to do something you aren't capable of?
    I believe I'm capable of it. It's about taking the first step, which is always tough.

i think sometimes there are some scenes that you feel like you want to capture.. but don't have the courage (yet) to take that step out to take the shot..

=)

Why you ask...... well, if you haven't try it you'll never know if it's for you or not.

If you try it and you still don't like it, then it's not for you. That's the adventure in photography.

Just my newbie point of view.
    |SonyA700|T180mmf3.5|M70-210mmf4|S30mmf1.4|T17-50mmf2.8|T90mmf2.8|M5600hsdX2|

Quote Originally Posted by artofshuenalogy View Post
    I believe I'm capable of it. It's about taking the first step, which is always tough.
    I would suggest that "warming up" is a very useful exercise.

When you go out walking, just start taking pictures of whatever strikes your fancy, even if it is very boliao. As you continue to snap, you will feel your inhibitions loosening. Then when you come across a nice scene or interesting people, it will be the most natural thing in the world to aim and shoot, and you will definitely go home with some keepers.

Yeh, takes balls to whoop up the cam. Last I did (no joke!) this angmo in SBG went "whoa holy! nice gears!". But I'm immuned to crowds and stares. Last candids I took were these

No guts, no rewards.

Shooting kids take real guts. I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by dennisc View Post
    this angmo in SBG went "whoa holy! nice gears!".
    You'd be surprised by the high % of singaporeans who are hobbyists but using top-range equipment. Something that is not quite commonly seen in other countries.

Must be a sign of the general affluence of the population coupled with the significantly lower prices compared to places like Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by Yatlapball View Post
    You'd be surprised by the high % of singaporeans who are hobbyists but using top-range equipment. Something that is not quite commonly seen in other countries.

Must be a sign of the general affluence of the population coupled with the significantly lower prices compared to places like Europe.

no... its the bbb virus in clubsnap infecting Singaporeans...

but as others said, if you don't try, you won't get anything... and I hardly think you would be more likely to get killed in Singapore for taking a picture...
    Last edited by theRBK; 7th January 2008 at 01:47 AM.

Oh evil virus Baaaaad forum... baaaddddd forum.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123