Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3678910 LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 200

Thread: Desperately desperately in need of help for my son

  1. #141
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Clementi West
    Posts
    226

    Default Re: Desperately desperately in need of help for my son

    Quote Originally Posted by TMC View Post
    It is prob something in the environment that is causing it. My cousin has the same symptoms when he was about Pri 2 or 3 and he had to miss months of school because it. My uncle had no choice but to move him to Australia and it did wonders for him. Now he can do regular activities just like a normal boy but then he cannot be in SG for long periods as the condition will return.

    This is an option that you can consider.
    Could be very much due to the cleaner air. Singapore is quite an industrial area and is often haze infected. This could cause allergies.

    Did anyone use the Rainbow E-Series system. They did a demo in my house yesterday and my god, so much dust on my son's bed even though we are using anti dust mite beddings.

    The system also helps to clear the air. Any feedbacks on it.

  2. #142
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Beyond Space-Time Continuum
    Posts
    6,324

    Default Re: Desperately desperately in need of help for my son

    I had it too when I was younger but it totally cleared up for me after my 5 years in the US. Well enough even to chion sua in NS.

  3. #143

    Default Re: Desperately desperately in need of help for my son

    Quote Originally Posted by Ihsan Chua View Post
    Could be very much due to the cleaner air. Singapore is quite an industrial area and is often haze infected. This could cause allergies.

    Did anyone use the Rainbow E-Series system. They did a demo in my house yesterday and my god, so much dust on my son's bed even though we are using anti dust mite beddings.

    The system also helps to clear the air. Any feedbacks on it.
    Anti-Dust Mite /= Anti Dust.

    Anyway, I think its due to the drier air over in the temperate countries. SG air is very humid and cause sweat to get sticky and itchy. Not good for eczema.

  4. #144
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Clementi West
    Posts
    226

    Default Re: Desperately desperately in need of help for my son

    Quote Originally Posted by lsisaxon View Post
    Anti-Dust Mite /= Anti Dust.

    Anyway, I think its due to the drier air over in the temperate countries. SG air is very humid and cause sweat to get sticky and itchy. Not good for eczema.
    Good thinking. Agree with u on this. According to that guy, if my bed is not anti dust mite, it is worse.

  5. #145

    Default Re: Desperately desperately in need of help for my son



    you are a good father.
    keep it up and may you find a stable solution soon.

  6. #146
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Clementi West
    Posts
    226

    Default Re: Desperately desperately in need of help for my son

    Some updates and maybe some of you may find it useful. My son's condition has improved. His big bumps are gone but rashes are still very evident. One of the main factor is the Palmer's Olive butter with extra virgin oil. It helps to moisturise the area a lot better.

  7. #147

    Default Re: Desperately desperately in need of help for my son

    Quote Originally Posted by Ihsan Chua View Post
    Some updates and maybe some of you may find it useful. My son's condition has improved. His big bumps are gone but rashes are still very evident. One of the main factor is the Palmer's Olive butter with extra virgin oil. It helps to moisturise the area a lot better.
    where to buy "Palmer's Olive butter with extra virgin oil"?

  8. #148
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Clementi West
    Posts
    226

    Default Re: Desperately desperately in need of help for my son

    Quote Originally Posted by gohaj View Post
    where to buy "Palmer's Olive butter with extra virgin oil"?
    Guardian Pharmacy. Buy the bigger bottle. Approx $25. Last abt 1 to 2 weeks. Depending on usage. My son moisturise his whole body very frequently. The moment he starts to itch, he will use it as it is an indicator that it is dry.

  9. #149
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Clementi West
    Posts
    226

    Default Re: Desperately desperately in need of help for my son

    Last night, I noticed that my son's ankle and thigh seem to be swollen. However, there is no fever. Anyone experiencing it before.








  10. #150

    Default Re: Desperately desperately in need of help for my son

    Just to share my experience.

    I used to have a similiar itch problem at my stomach area for a couple of years and the swelling and itch and bleeds only heals whenever I go holidays at colder and dryer countries. Had been on self medication taking Zyrtec bought from pharmacies. The problem got worsen until I almost gave up and had the intention to see a specialist as the itch is affecting me daily. Imagine walking around with clothes rubbing on the raw patch of skin.

    I got frustrated and fedup and pop in 2 tablets of Zyrtec (WARNING: this is way above the recommended one tablet dosage per day for an ADULT. This may cause MORE bodily damage than to help Please consult a doctor before taking this medication. My body may be able to take the poison but this does not apply to anyone as each body reacts differently to the same medication.). I feel slightly sick for a day due to the over dosage but the problem of itch and swell went off almost instantly the next 2-3days. I am happy to say I have more or less recovered. AGAIN, this works for me but may not work for some and overdosage is dangerous and may be fatal.

  11. #151

    Default Re: Desperately desperately in need of help for my son

    Thank God for this thread. My 4-yr old nephew was admitted to KK for observation last night becos of severe ezcema. It's very traumatic for his parents and him especially.
    I will pour thru all the pages here for tips.
    "ashes to ashes; funk to funky..we know major_tom's a junkie
    strung out on heaven's high....."

  12. #152
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Ang Sua
    Posts
    70

    Default Re: Desperately desperately in need of help for my son

    Was surfing the net about baffalo milk (due to the recent scare about tainted mozzeralla cheese tainted with dioxin) and lactose intolerant (which I am).

    Here's an article I found in BBC which may be of interest to you about kids and inherited eczema.

    BUFFALO MILK - THE HEALTHY ALTERNATIVE

    Locally, THE alternative would be goat's milk.

    Now where can I find goat cheese....

  13. #153

    Default Re: Desperately desperately in need of help for my son

    Quote Originally Posted by alba View Post
    Was surfing the net about baffalo milk (due to the recent scare about tainted mozzeralla cheese tainted with dioxin) and lactose intolerant (which I am).

    Here's an article I found in BBC which may be of interest to you about kids and inherited eczema.

    BUFFALO MILK - THE HEALTHY ALTERNATIVE

    Locally, THE alternative would be goat's milk.

    Now where can I find goat cheese....
    hays?.........
    http://www.myonlinetour.com/poi/haydairies/INDEX.HTM
    Last edited by richardg; 29th March 2008 at 11:37 AM.

  14. #154

    Default Re: Desperately desperately in need of help for my son

    Ihsan - not being a doctor or anything but from my experience might be a skin infection.

    A mild soap may help reduce this (and lots of moisturiser after).

    Alternatively use a weak solution of disinfectant like dettol or savlon (an antiseptic cream). Monitor as per usual to see if symptoms get worst.

    Best treatment to start improvements - clean sea water - 15 mins a day. Just done one week and the skin is much improved.
    Running for conservation and ACRES. Donate at http://www.acres.org.sg/donate.html

  15. #155

    Default Re: Desperately desperately in need of help for my son

    Also son may have been rubbing skin vigoursly????
    Running for conservation and ACRES. Donate at http://www.acres.org.sg/donate.html

  16. #156
    Senior Member Big Kahuna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    2,127

    Default Re: Desperately desperately in need of help for my son

    Really sorry to hear that......There are already a lot of information provided by fellow forumers so I will cut my story short.

    My wife had eczema too and she had been cured by this doctor 2 years ago.

    He is skin specialist in SGH. Note: There are more than 2 dr there but this is the best....however if you can't get the appointment, he has a clinic outside but of course at premium price. All the best to you and your son.

    Senior ConsultantDr T. Thirumoorthy
    MBBS (Malaya), FAMS, FRCP (Lond), FRCP (Glasg)
    gdutt@sgh.com.sgDermatology

    http://www.sgh.com.sg/MedicalSpecialtiesnServices/ClinicalSpecialties/Medical/Dermatology/

  17. #157

    Default Re: Desperately desperately in need of help for my son

    My eczema had worsened recently. Think it's because of the weather and stress. Not as big a patch as the photos above, but more inflamed. And it's getting sickening..

  18. #158

    Default Re: Desperately desperately in need of help for my son

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Kahuna View Post
    Really sorry to hear that......There are already a lot of information provided by fellow forumers so I will cut my story short.

    My wife had eczema too and she had been cured by this doctor 2 years ago.

    He is skin specialist in SGH. Note: There are more than 2 dr there but this is the best....however if you can't get the appointment, he has a clinic outside but of course at premium price. All the best to you and your son.

    Senior ConsultantDr T. Thirumoorthy
    MBBS (Malaya), FAMS, FRCP (Lond), FRCP (Glasg)
    gdutt@sgh.com.sgDermatology

    http://www.sgh.com.sg/MedicalSpecialtiesnServices/ClinicalSpecialties/Medical/Dermatology/
    Big Kahuna, one question. Was your wife's eczema mild or severe? Did she have for a long time?

  19. #159
    Senior Member Big Kahuna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    2,127

    Default Re: Desperately desperately in need of help for my son

    Quote Originally Posted by spindoctor View Post
    Big Kahuna, one question. Was your wife's eczema mild or severe? Did she have for a long time?
    Consider mild if compared to TS son, but it had been bothering her since I know her.....probably 10 years

  20. #160
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Up North......
    Posts
    624

    Default Re: Desperately desperately in need of help for my son

    May you all find solutions for the problem. Seeing the pictures, my heart goes out to you guys as parents and sufferers..........

    Do take care..... I can only appreciate more in life and I will pray for you guys........
    D300|35mm f/2|85mm f/1.4|18-200 mm VR|17-55mm f/2.8 |70-300 F4-5.6|Tok 11-16 f/2.8|SB800|MB-D10|

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3678910 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •