Thread: spyder3pro

Default spyder3pro

anyone using this monitor calibrator?
    feedback please?

i am currently using spyder 2 pro.
    worth upgrading?

somehow, when the profile loads, my screen becomes warm with the spyder 2 pro.

Default Re: spyder3pro

I think it might be because the monitor colours were cool to begin with... one way to test is to compare the colours of your monitor to a colour test chart viewed under sunlight on a clear day...

Quote Originally Posted by theRBK View Post
    I think it might be because the monitor colours were cool to begin with... one way to test is to compare the colours of your monitor to a colour test chart viewed under sunlight on a clear day...
    please elaborate more can?
    i'm using 23'' apple display.

basically, it comes down to the adaptability of the eye to colour temperature... in various lighting temperature conditions, the human eye is able to adapt to the variation and still convince our brain (actually its the brain that does it) that something is neutral white even when it is tainted by the relative warmth of coolness of the light... that is all fine and good for subjective appreciation of colour (sorry for this basic preamble but just want to be clear)

the problem comes in when we want to standardise the colours that we see on a screen... if the colour of what we see is different with each different computer monitor and lighting condition, then we will have problems judging colour and especially printing... so a standard is adopted, for monitors that is D65 or 6500K... but for this to appear neutral white, the lighting conditions of your room have to be at this temperature (or near it) as well... so if room light is slightly cool, like in a room lit by indirect sunlight, than a 6500K screen might appear slightly warm... but the thing with the eye (again) is that after awhile, the screen should look fine...

oic.thanks for explanation