Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Buying HDB Flat

Default Re: Buying HDB Flat

Quote Originally Posted by hobbes187 View Post
    Those are the left over units sold in the bi-monthly sales. These are fast running out even in sengkang area. I am gng to select my flat on monday morning for one of these as I got a good number in the last sengkang ballot.

The next ballot is for such flats will be for mature estates. The last one attracted 10000+ ppl fighting for 300 flats and I got a lousy queue number of 6500+++. And this time I predict will have 200 flats or less.

DBSS is extremely overpriced as the developer has to pay a premium for the land in order to outbid their competitors. So their cost is high plus they try to inject a hip factor into what will eventually still be a HDB flat with no condo facilities. Its not even surrounded by walls in its own premises.

If you can wait 3 to 4 yrs, just try for BTO as that is the cheapest of all avenues to get a flat.
    Is BTO a first come first serve basis?
    I read about the first timer priority scheme, but if I apply late in the open window, will I still have priority?
    Canon EOS 40D | Canon Powershot S5 IS

Quote Originally Posted by hobbes187 View Post
    Wow... Boon Keng DBSS will cost from $350k for 3 room, $530k-570k for 4 room and $560k-$700k+ for 5 rooms! Crazy price! Really just paying for the location...

"It goes all the way from just slightly below S$350,000 to, I think, the most expensive unit is very close to S$740,000.

All applicants must meet public housing guidelines, among them an average monthly household income cap of S$8,000.

according to the above from the newspaper.
    can someone do a quick calculation on whether can the flat be paid using CPF fully? based on the max household income cap of $8k?

Quote Originally Posted by auron View Post

"It goes all the way from just slightly below S$350,000 to, I think, the most expensive unit is very close to S$740,000.

All applicants must meet public housing guidelines, among them an average monthly household income cap of S$8,000.

can someone do a quick calculation on whether can the flat be paid using CPF fully? based on the max household income cap of $8k?
    The cap is too low for household income of $8k to be able to have no worries buying for this kinda price.
    Canon EOS 40D | Canon Powershot S5 IS

Quote Originally Posted by auron View Post

If i am not wrong u could use ur CPF to fully pay up for ur housing.

For max household income cap of $8k onli if u are taking subsidies rates hdb loan or housing grant. Advisable to double confirm wif HDB.

Being able to use CPF to "fully pay up" hinges on alot of factors that have to be fulfilled. Withdrawal limit based on 120% valuation/purchase price whichever is lower, having minimum sum in your CPF, etc etc.

Goto the CPF website, they have described these in quite abit of detail.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123