Thread: EOY 07 swordgal in Japan

Default EOY 07 swordgal in Japan

Took a pic of this swordgal at EOY07 at Expo, converted her into a sil, and pasted her in a different bkgrd. gave her some shadows on the ground, but she just don't look realistic enough. Whats wrong with the photos?

Default Re: EOY 07 swordgal in Japan

she's flat in a 3D background?
    I Love You :)

if shadow is away from the camera, how come the girl's profile is all dark?... and I think the shadow should be under her, not to the left and away from the camera... cause the gateway is in shadow as well so the sun should be more or less in line with the gate...
    Last edited by theRBK; 28th December 2007 at 11:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by theRBK View Post
    if shadow is away from the camera, how come the girl's profile is all dark?... and I think the shadow should be under her, not to the left and away from the camera... cause the gateway is in shadow as well so the sun should be more or less in line with the gate...
    thanks for the comments. I have made some changes to the photo.
    Here's it:

I reduced the exposure of the gal's body to give a more 3D look, and placed her shadow underneath her.

with the sun over her, her front cant be that dark.

agree with flipfreak... she should look like a person shot under the noon sun, ie. stark shadows in shaded areas but also the parts that are exposed to direct sunlight like most of the parts facing top should be very bright... the gate looks shaded because it's sides are parallel to the suns rays... look at how the trees on the side are lit... you can even make the areas that should be shadowed slightly brighter to simulate a fill flash... but the shadow under her looks much better I think