Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Breaking News: Benazir Bhutto killed

Default Re: Breaking News: Benazir Bhutto killed

shocking.
    and she has amazing courage.
    this has been a terrible year for asia...
    thailand, burma and now pakistan...

Quote Originally Posted by Canonised View Post
    IMO this is totally wrong ..... President Musharraf cannot be so stupid as to get involved in this plot. His mistake was not to provide enough security personnel to protect Benazir.
    Now he is in deeper sh1t .... definately the end of his rule.
    "A spokesperson for the al-Qaeda terrorist network has claimed responsibility for the death on Thursday of former Pakistani prime minister Benazir Bhutto. "We terminated the most precious American asset which vowed to defeat [the] mujahadeen," Al-Qaeda's commander and main spokesperson Mustafa Abu Al-Yazid"

If you read into this, Benezir saw it coming, and she was brave enough to face it ......

His rule is coming to an end in the next election. It is hard enough for him to fight another political figure ( Nawab Sharrif ) but to fight it out with another like Bhutto would be a hard task especially since he has to give up his military popsition. He has a history before this of associating and financing known terrorist groups. Bush has been giving him financial aids all this while so call fight terroism well...US is about to decide to cut tht funding. You can say that Musharraf IS the MORE PRECIOUS ASSET to the USA given the kind of money they fund him today. All this can have an effect on him. When I say he might have done it, it is not that I give him kudos for having the brain to orchestrate this but I think he is dumb enough to do so and out of desperation and he need to get it done fast. So how much forward thinking he has? At the same time you can't also ignore the fact it could be Sharif as he is a bitter opposition to Bhutto too...yes you can say it could be a terrorist cell too. But that last one is really a given and in a country like Pakistan, terrorist attack is also a given. So why the lapse in security for her if she is recognised as some one of an VIP in the country? If she is not a VIP or seen as a politcal VIP then why even declaring 3 days of moaning for her?

Whoes to say? heh Just my view lah..not really pointing any political finger at him. Just like to follow some of this international stuff and read up on the facts, history and form some kind of idea as to what i perceive might be a likely scenario for her demise.

But we are talking about a country that has seen so much violence and where use of (deadly) force is not uncommon in the political arena. And I have not even begun to talk about the many acts of cruelty to womens in which when the President was asked he bluntly say no such thing like that happen in his country but yet many case were reported and documented.

For Benazir, I feel she knew it and she was prepare to come home to her motherland to die if
    need be for her politcal conviction and I think maybe she knows it too.

Not like we can do much about it here in Singapore but hopefully there is a lesson or two we can all pull away from all this and just be lucky we are not living there.
    Last edited by sammy888; 28th December 2007 at 11:49 AM.

Frankly I'm not too surprised that she was killed, considering the assasination attempts, what had happened to her father and her brothers, her husband's enemies etc..

I was just surprised it happened so suddenly and fast.

Funny that within 5 secs after hearing her death, what snapped to my mind was that Musharraf did it. Extremists and terrorists won't gain much from her death, and during her reign, she was supportive of the Taleban..then again Nawaz shariff hates her as well..

Indeed a tragic end. She was one of the first, if not the first, leader in an Islamic country and, albeit corruption scandals, she *did* quite a lot of good for the country.

Quote Originally Posted by sammy888 View Post
    But we are talking about a country that has seen so much violence and where use of (deadly) force is not uncommon in the political arena. And I have not even begun to talk about the many acts of cruelty to womens in which when the President was asked he bluntly say no such thing like that happen in his country but yet many case were reported and documented.
    You said it correctly in the above and is obvious that Benezir or Nawab Sharrif was and still is never a big problem for him ... in the past, as long as the US is backing him, he should be ok, and in fact he has been, and is still going to be one of the most important alley for the US in the fight against terrorists around that region.
    But her death will definately create a new situation, and the events unfolding will be very uncertain now .... probably more bloodshed, etc...
    He will probably put all the blame on the terrorists and asks for more $$$$$ helps
    Long Live all Presidents!
    always the Light, .... always.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoobiee View Post
    Extremists and terrorists won't gain much from her death, and during her reign, she was supportive of the Taleban..then again Nawaz shariff hates her as well..
    By creating upheavals and turmoils in Pakistan thru Benezir's death, the terrorists will gain a lot since the armies and police will be too busy with their internal affairs .... and is sending a message to its people as well as to the world that terrorism is not losing.
    Now we just hope that the people will not go violence but instead put their (people's power) votes to a peaceful consolidation in the coming election .... and hopefully it's a clean one

after the first attack in October, she asked Mus for more security which there was none given to her.

Lousy security.
    Her own mistake was in popping up and out of the sun roof of the car which was probably not yet in motion i.e. an exposed stationary target with clear line of sight. Her security could not jump into the line of fire to take the bullet, since it was angled upwards.

But they were lax in letting the gunman through the security cordon and failed to strike his gun hand or push his body to prevent him from taking aim, when he took out the gun.

JFK made the same mistake when he sat in an open car and the convoy drove very...very.. slowly on a route with bends in Texas.
    Allowing sniper or snipers? plenty of time to take aim.

I would like to say that we are lucky to be in Singapore.

It is a power struggle and look like it was politically motivated but on the other hand... who gain most? Nobody wins. If they called themselves (for those who had done it) they are also the loser.

The people loses, the country suffers, the economy collapses, the .... all the adverse reports and consequenes surface!

As one analyses said, 'It was shocking to hear it but not surprising...'

Quote Originally Posted by Yappy View Post
    I would like to say that we are lucky to be in Singapore.
    haha ..... who says so?....

His rule is coming to an end in the next election. ...
    I think Musharraf is not involved in the election. Musharaf is the president. He just renew his term of presidency. The election is for PM.

BC

Quote Originally Posted by Scaglietti View Post
    I think Musharraf is not involved in the election. Musharaf is the president. He just renew his term of presidency. The election is for PM.

BC
    hehe..yes it is sometime to come being just newly re-elected (abeit not lawfully in the eye of their political opponents and election observers) as he has already done two terms and he should NOT be standing for President last Oct. But well...he will have to end it come next election unless he somehow force a change in the laws again to favor him another year in office.

But imagine what sort of PM you have under you after the coming election for a PM. That could be a concer to him. It is after all a power seat. Would he rather have Shariff or Bhutto or someone who support him take the PM seat? Who would be a bigger threat to him once the election is over. Power struggle is always the name of the game. What if they get a PM with enough clout to attack his role as President.
    Last edited by sammy888; 28th December 2007 at 03:41 PM.

Power struggle is always the name of the game. What if they get a PM with enough clout to attack his role as President.
    In any banana countries, whoever control the army, has the ultimate power ...

Sad to say the country will be in turmoil with escalating loss of innocent lives ... in fact it's already happening ...

IT MUST BE A CONSPIRACY!!!! BHUTTO ISN'T DEAD!! SHE'S FAKING DEATH AND IS HIDDEN FROM PUBLIC TILL SECRET PLANS ARE COMPLETED!!! IT MUST BE!!!!

if only like the movies...................

Al Qaeda has claimed responsibility, according to a source.

http://www.novinite.com/view_news.php?id=88915

wonder why no photographer caught the action of her being hit by the bullet, since there are so many there.

Quote Originally Posted by knpan View Post
    wonder why no photographer caught the action of her being hit by the bullet, since there are so many there.
    Gee...didn;t you know...NOW..the story is she did not die from a bullet. She knocked her head against the car roof level and died from the concussion she got. Funny how the story kept changing..... and here is the kicker....there was a news yesterday that said her husband refuse to allow an autopsy. So how did they deduce how she died? heheh......the plot thickens or hidden.

But later Friday, Cheema said those two accounts were mistaken. He said all three shots missed her as she greeted supporters through the sunroof of her vehicle, which was bulletproof and bombproof.

He also denied that shrapnel caused her death, saying Bhutto was killed when she tried to duck back into the vehicle, and that the shock waves from the blast knocked her head into a lever attached to the sunroof, fracturing her skull. The government released a photograph showing blood on the lever.

Denying charges the government failed to give her adequate security protection, Cheema said it was Bhutto who made herself vulnerable and pointed out that the other passengers inside Bhutto's bombproof vehicle were fine.

"I wish she had not come out of the rooftop of her vehicle," he said.
    Last edited by sammy888; 29th December 2007 at 11:50 AM.

lol, i just read from the newspaper, it did not say about the knock on her head. hah how fake!

Gee...didn;t you know...NOW..the story is she did not die from a bullet. She knocked her head against the car roof level and died from the concussion she got. Funny how the story kept changing..... and here is the kicker....there was a news yesterday that said her husband refuse to allow an autopsy. So how did they deduce how she died? heheh......the plot thickens or hidden.
    or was it a heart attack? ...

and "her husband refuse to allow an autopsy"........... and so he is now a main suspect? (for insurance claims?)

and the paper said the SUV was bullet-proofed, and as such was definately not killed by the bomb....
    Last edited by Canonised; 29th December 2007 at 12:37 PM.

Her head apparently hit the handle due to the huge blast shock, if she was inside the car and didn't get out, she would have survived......how sad.

HS

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast