Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 28 weeks later or I am legend?

Default Re: 28 weeks later or I am legend?

Quote Originally Posted by Scars View Post
    The 2 movies are quite similar, but I prefer I am legend because it has a bit of comedy and Will Smith is a good actor,
    Just back from watching I am Legend last night... comedy? Which part?

Actually, the setting of both movies are quite similar... but if you'd ask me to choose, I'd prefer 28weeks later cos the story is quite complete. I somewhat felt that 'I am legend' has many unanswered open ends. For eg,

i. Will Smith has been broadcasting over the radio for over 2yrs, if there is really a colony of survivors, then they would have answered to him and get him from the pier which he has been waiting every afternoon.

ii. Sick infected zombies? I hardly think so... cos the zombies are well organised. There seems to be 1 leading the rest. And they have the brain and can think for themselves. They know how to set traps, an eye for an eye, they use dogs against Will Smith just like he send his dog into the zombie hideout earlier. Not to mention that the trap they set is even much superior than Will's trap. Cos they know how to move the mannequin to the open to lure him. Last of all, the zombie have love feeling for each other, else the zombie 'leader' would not be really going for 'revenge' over Will's action of snatching the female zombie away from him.

iii. If the survivors of the infection as claimed by Will Smith that 5.4b against 1.2b of uninfected, sadly to say that the colony of survivors might not be even able to exist. Cos that is really a 5:1 ratio and especially those zombies with such intelligence as above, it is really impossible to stay survive.

Just my 2cents analyse... anyway, both movie are enjoyable.
    Visit me at my studio: http://www.studiospace.com.sg

Both are quite sucky compared to some of the others currently showing.

1. Radio might not be powerful enough.

2. Zombies were getting more intelligent. That spooked Will Smith.

3. Zombies were getting intelligent but they are still not armed like the uninfected.

Watch it to enjoy but then I rather watch AVP2.

haha yea the intelligent part of the zombies did not make them zombies

definition of zombie "zombies are generally undead corpses brought back from the dead by supernatural or scientific means, and are rarely under anyone's direct control. They typically have very limited intelligence, and hunger for the flesh of the living." hahaha
    Last edited by noob117; 28th December 2007 at 09:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TMC View Post
    Both are quite sucky compared to some of the others currently showing.

1. Radio might not be powerful enough.

2. Zombies were getting more intelligent. That spooked Will Smith.

3. Zombies were getting intelligent but they are still not armed like the uninfected.

Watch it to enjoy but then I rather watch AVP2.
    AVP2? alien vs predator 2?
    NC16 leh actually wanted to watch...

well zombie is what we called them. But they are called differently in the story rite?

Mutants or vampires.
    tSkye shoots whatever comes tSkye's way... | 5D2, 1224, 16FE, 35L, 1.4xTC, 300L

Quote Originally Posted by TMC View Post
    well zombie is what we called them. But they are called differently in the story rite?
    dark-seekers

Watch National Treasure instead i'd say.. the NEW Indiana Jones of the era! HAvent watched I am Legend but i usually dont like when only 1 actor is acting, ala Castaway with Tom Hanks.

Quote Originally Posted by sykestang View Post
    Just back from watching I am Legend last night... comedy? Which part?

Actually, the setting of both movies are quite similar... but if you'd ask me to choose, I'd prefer 28weeks later cos the story is quite complete. I somewhat felt that 'I am legend' has many unanswered open ends. For eg,

i. Will Smith has been broadcasting over the radio for over 2yrs, if there is really a colony of survivors, then they would have answered to him and get him from the pier which he has been waiting every afternoon.

ii. Sick infected zombies? I hardly think so... cos the zombies are well organised. There seems to be 1 leading the rest. And they have the brain and can think for themselves. They know how to set traps, an eye for an eye, they use dogs against Will Smith just like he send his dog into the zombie hideout earlier. Not to mention that the trap they set is even much superior than Will's trap. Cos they know how to move the mannequin to the open to lure him. Last of all, the zombie have love feeling for each other, else the zombie 'leader' would not be really going for 'revenge' over Will's action of snatching the female zombie away from him.

iii. If the survivors of the infection as claimed by Will Smith that 5.4b against 1.2b of uninfected, sadly to say that the colony of survivors might not be even able to exist. Cos that is really a 5:1 ratio and especially those zombies with such intelligence as above, it is really impossible to stay survive.

Just my 2cents analyse... anyway, both movie are enjoyable.
    Even more obvious, Manhatten was sealed off, how the heck did that women and her child get on there!!!

Quote Originally Posted by wildstallion View Post
    Even more obvious, Manhatten was sealed off, how the heck did that women and her child get on there!!!
    Or get off it to go to the survival camp heheh.....

Quote Originally Posted by sammy888 View Post
    Or get off it to go to the survival camp heheh.....
    Exactly!

catch a new version of Heroes by Will Smith in Hancock.....
    check quicktime for the clip

Quote Originally Posted by wildstallion View Post
    Exactly!
    heheh I stumble onto a site that actually did a FAQ to try to explain all the odds and ends hehe..

I was even stump with that part as to who set up the trap. The site explain it but it just made me so much more discourage as to who did it and to find out the reason why that was possible. ...If you know what I mean. *wink wink* heheh I don't want to say more or give away too much here then I have to for the sake of those who have yet to catch the show heheh.....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12