Thread: Any comment for Olympus SP-560UZ

Default Litium batteries vs AA batteries?

Hi,

I am seeking opinion from the experts here. I am a beginner here, with limited budget, but like photography alot. Used to have a compact camera, but would like to upgrade to a semi pro camera. Saw this camera that i saw, Olympus SP-560UZ, which is kinda within my budget. But realised that it's on 4xAA batteries instead of litium batteries. Any comment on this camera, especially on the batteries? Are AA batteries as good as Litium batteries? Thanks.
    Last edited by adricng; 27th December 2007 at 05:12 PM. Reason: No response .....

Default Re: Litium batteries vs AA batteries?

Quote Originally Posted by adricng View Post
    Hi,

I am seeking opinion from the experts here. I am a beginner here, with limited budget, but like photography alot. Used to have a compact camera, but would like to upgrade to a semi pro camera. Saw this camera that i saw, Olympus SP-560UZ, which is kinda within my budget. But realised that it's on 4xAA batteries instead of litium batteries. Any comment on this camera, especially on the batteries? Are AA batteries as good as Litium batteries? Thanks.
    What is wrong with AA batterie? Use NiMHs not Alkalines. The MAHA PowerEx 2700 is a good atart for NiMHs.

I have about 4 sets at home plus other gbrands as well.

The cam is good and the low-light is great.

www.dpreview.com
    www.dcresource.com
    Pentaxian for Life
    K1, KP, FA*28-70/2.8, FA31, 43 & FA77 Limiteds, K85/1.8, FA*200/2.8, A50/1.2

Default Re: Litium batteries vs AA batteries?

Quote Originally Posted by felixcat8888 View Post
    What is wrong with AA batterie? Use NiMHs not Alkalines. The MAHA PowerEx 2700 is a good atart for NiMHs.

I have about 4 sets at home plus other gbrands as well.

The cam is good and the low-light is great.

www.dpreview.com
    www.dcresource.com
    Well, using AA batteries is kinda like going back to the old fashioned film type camera which i used to have during my school days. Anyway, i am have not decided to get this model or just still to a compact camera. Wanted to upgrade but not sure if i am up to it. Is there any mainteance that i need to do for this camera?

Default Re: Any comment for Olympus SP-560UZ

well... almost maintenance free... just try out the features... the battery life's great... you can see the replies for your posts in the olympus thread...

Default Re: Any comment for Olympus SP-560UZ

generally the type of batteries determine the size of camera. say for example canon ixus series use litium while the powershot a series use aa size. compare the camera size, the ixus series cameras are smaller.

i cant comment on the batteries life as i am only using litium ones.