Thread: Finepix Viewer For Mac OS X

Default Finepix Viewer For Mac OS X

Hi all, anyone using the Fuji Finepix Viewer on their Mac running OS X before?
    Any problem installing the software? Any feedbacks is greatly appreciated.Thanx.

try running it from the "classic" mode.
    cheers

Hi, the thing is, i cannot even install it...how to run it then?
    In the CD-Rom has the 'install for Mac OS X'. i click that, and for the first few second, all is okay until when i startd writig scripts...or something like dat....I thought it was just slow, but then it never seems to stop. Even full installation of pS7 dun take dat long...

try installing it using the "for OS9x".
    i faced the same problem using the "for OS10x" too.

So now it works? But you'll have to run it in clasic mode? For a moment i thought my cd was a goner....will try it soon. Thanx beachbum.....really appreciate it.
    By the way, any idea how to get/buy/dl the PS7 plug in for converting RAW? or anyother software is usable? Please comment. Thank you.

fail again...also cannot installl the ersion for mac os 9...

hhmm... don't know how to help u out for this one liao....

u can use the adobe or breezebrowser raw converter. also can try the capture one DSLR version.

cheers

happened to me,
    try this

boot into os9
    install the software for os9

then boot back into osx
    then install the software for osx

I was stuck at the position you were for like a few months, keep trying but cannot install, but I managed to install it after doing what I described.

BUT I gave this advise to another person, but it didn't work for him, so it's a hit and miss thing

cheers
    rgs
    rueyloon
    36frames Wedding Photography - http://www.36frames.com
    rueyloon - http://www.rueyloon.com

hi guys...thanx ffor the inpuut...guess i'll just save up some dough and buy the raw converter for adobe....*sigh*

Blog Entries

Hi Gabriel,

When I had my S2 Pro, I installed the finepix viewer in OS X before and it works fine. Only problem then was the RAW converter do not have the OS X ver. Not sure if they do now.

Anyway have you cleared all your preferences before reinstalling again? I find that most of the time if you reinstall a few times the preferences being the old setting seems to play havoc.

You can get the Adobe RAW convertor online for USD99.00 at Adobe site. It's worth the money covnersion is real fast compared to Fuji finepix raw convertor (a few secs per pic).

For the moment (until you get the Adobe Raw) you may want to try the free trial download from MacBibble they have raw convertor for S2 Pro. And iVeiw Media Pro trial downlad which can view fuji raw file too.

Hope this helps.

Hi chngpe01,
    thank you for the info, it sure helps a ggreat deal...by the way, mcbibble free trial allows how long/how mant files conversion before expiring? Thank you once again....

Blog Entries

Hi Gabriel,

MacBibble trial is 1 month (I think) but after 1 month the advance features are turned off. However, you still can use the basic features.

After, Adobe trying raw, I find that it is much better than macbibble (my personal opinion). Hence between having to buy Adobe raw, fuji capture or macbibble. I go for Adobe raw. You can buy the plug in on line.

Cheers

thanx guys for the invaluable response....hope to settle down soon with the adobe raw plug in....