Thread: Xmas night @ Orchard. Comments pls.

Question Xmas night @ Orchard. Comments pls.

Hi,

I took Xmas photos @ orchard road. Please give me your constructive comments. No image alternation has been done. As it's from my Nikon D80, just reduce size to put in this forum.

Sorry but cannot post it in forum as image, I tried but don't know how to do that.

It can be found @
    http://picasaweb.google.com/dave.kan...chardNightLife

Sorry for extra pain to click on above link.
    Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
    Kandy
    Last edited by ikandarp; 26th December 2007 at 09:45 PM.

Default Re: Xmas night @ Orchard. Comments pls.

if you are attempting traffic trails + xmas lightings.. might want to try smaller aperture size and longer exposure.. your exposures in the series seems to be neither here nor there (as in neither "frozen" nor "fluid").. =)

Next time please dont shoot in front of car headlights coz this will shorten your exposure or over-exposed
    Canon EOS 70D + 40D

hi kandy, you're gonna be painful to hear all the comments. for me, it's composition. i think you're trying to capture the lighting but unfortunately, the passersby obstruct the view. anyway you pressed the shutter anyway. i wouldn't have taken the shot if the framing is not right. do not take a shot for the sake of taking.
    on composition, you're shooting from along the road side. this is very dangerous as the vehicle may not see you. you have to learn to scout around for a spot that can capture the scens without obstruction. eg. bridge or some y-intersection. you've only shown pics from one location. try and walk around and soon you'll find many people gather at a spot to shoot. that must be a good location. cheers!

Thanks a lot guys. I understood my mistakes. I 100% agree with your comments.

Will come with better pics next time.

Thanks once again.