Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Digicombos.com - Safe to buy from them?

  1. #1
    Member mazatello's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    136

    Default Digicombos.com - Safe to buy from them?

    Hi guys,

    I came across this website (Digicombos.com) that offer discounts and attractive prices for DSLRs and packages.

    Anyone bought from this website before?

    Thanks.

  2. #2
    Senior Member geraldkhoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    The Tiny Red Dot
    Posts
    2,571

    Default Re: Digicombos.com - Safe to buy from them?

    This site is based in the States... and if I understand correctly, some camera bodies do not have international warranty, which means that if there is any fault, you may need to send it back to the States. I believe most lenses have international warranty, so I would get lenses, but would not for camera bodies.
    A picture tells a thousand words... make yours speak a million!
    My Flickr | My Blog

  3. #3
    Senior Member geraldkhoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    The Tiny Red Dot
    Posts
    2,571

    Default Re: Digicombos.com - Safe to buy from them?

    Quote Originally Posted by mazatello View Post
    Hi guys,

    I came across this website (Digicombos.com) that offer discounts and attractive prices for DSLRs and packages.

    Anyone bought from this website before?

    Thanks.
    Which package are you looking at? I do not know much about Canon prices... but the Nikon prices do not seem attractive to me... and not sure how much they would charge to ship internationally.
    A picture tells a thousand words... make yours speak a million!
    My Flickr | My Blog

  4. #4
    Member mazatello's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    136

    Default Re: Digicombos.com - Safe to buy from them?

    Quote Originally Posted by geraldkhoo View Post
    Which package are you looking at? I do not know much about Canon prices... but the Nikon prices do not seem attractive to me... and not sure how much they would charge to ship internationally.
    Hmmmm not exactly looking at any package but did a quick calculation against some of the local prices and found that it is indeed cheaper (for Canon).

  5. #5
    Member mazatello's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    136

    Default Re: Digicombos.com - Safe to buy from them?

    Quote Originally Posted by geraldkhoo View Post
    This site is based in the States... and if I understand correctly, some camera bodies do not have international warranty, which means that if there is any fault, you may need to send it back to the States. I believe most lenses have international warranty, so I would get lenses, but would not for camera bodies.
    Thanks

  6. #6

    Default Re: Digicombos.com - Safe to buy from them?

    Quote Originally Posted by mazatello View Post
    Thanks
    so if i buy it just means i have 2 ship back 4 servicing ?

  7. #7
    Member mazatello's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    136

    Default Re: Digicombos.com - Safe to buy from them?

    Quote Originally Posted by stussyking View Post
    so if i buy it just means i have 2 ship back 4 servicing ?
    Think for camera bodies, for no international warranty you have to ship back for servicing but if lenses are covered then you can send to local... better confirm with them on the warranty before purchase

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •