Thread: Upgrade?

Default Upgrade?

Rather a sensitive question......no flaming please, just keep to the question. wanna know what people think about this.

P & S camera to SLR = Upgrade.

SLR to DSLR = Upgrade??

As for me....i dun really think SLR to DSLR is consider an upgrade just because of the high price. Is a kind of switching photography system.

Default Re: Upgrade?

Originally posted by jesser
    As for me....i dun really think SLR to DSLR is consider an upgrade just because of the high price. Is a kind of switching photography system.
    Agree

Had contemplated the switch for the longest time but eventually decided to stay with film.

No doubt digital would/could/might encourage you to shoot more due to lower cost of errors, i don't think i am prepared for all the post processing involved...

I don't even have a scanner...

i think changing equipment does not mean upgrading,there are many P&S with aperture mode and manual control too.

Default Re: Upgrade?

Originally posted by jesser
    SLR to DSLR = Upgrade??
    You are correct, it's two sides of the same coin. There are times when a film camera is more suitable, and vice versa. If you can afford DSLR, then it adds another dimension to your hobby. Even if a DSLR is out of your reach, a consumer or prosumer digicam will still expand your horizons ... just make sure that it's not 100% fully-auto without allowing you to change settings