Thread: Circular Polarizer for canon 10-22

Default Circular Polarizer for canon 10-22

hi, anyone used a hoya normal CP on the canon 10-22 before? does it caused a lot of vignetting at 10mm? is it acceptable at 10mm? or is it necessary to use a slim CP at 10mm? thanks.

Default Re: Circular Polarizer for canon 10-22

any advice?

i use a hoya stnd CPL on my 12-24 for nikon d70s/50 and there is noticable vignetting at 12mm. if u really need the 10mm (which is prob y u bought the lens) then go for a slim CPL or use the nikon CPL cos i heard it has some special feature to prevent vignetting

otherwise, just zoom in 0.5-1mm and youll see tt the vignetting 'disappears'

Quote Originally Posted by chjing View Post
    hi, anyone used a hoya normal CP on the canon 10-22 before? does it caused a lot of vignetting at 10mm? is it acceptable at 10mm? or is it necessary to use a slim CP at 10mm? thanks.
    No problem at all unless you put ur CPL over your UV filter...... Removing the UV would solve the problem..... Buying a 'Slim CPL' will be the more costly solution. Or like me, using Sigma's 10-20mm, zoom forwards a little (maybe 11-12mm instead of 10mm) and the problem is solve. Hope this helps.

Scuba & Father... For Life

Used to own the 10-22mm with hoya CPL. noticed slight vignet before...
    Canon 5D mkII|24-105 F4 IS L|70-200 F4 IS L|135 F2 L|580EX|

Don't own one myself yet. But from what I read from internet, it won't vignet unless you stack filters. Problem with some of the superslim filters is the lack of outer thread (which makes them thin), so that the lens cap can't be properly/firmly attached.
    My Flickr
    Life is measured by every moment that takes your breath away.

thanks

I had use a normal CPL and there was slight vignetting, which can be cleaned up during PP. However, I've now switched to a slim CPL, very much improved.

top up a little and get Marumi DHG CPL from eBay... est S$90+. want more info do a search, have wrote enough info in some other threads...